Fitz 2-0 as starter

kevinc855

He has no picks in those games, too. For him that's a big deal. If he wants to play next year he'll get a job but not as a starter. If GB had him they might be more competitive. The thing with Fitz though is that like Mark when he plays well he's his own worst enemy. He tries doing things he can't do and this leads to a lot of picks. We haven't seen this with McCown who knows his limits. To be fair though many of Fitz's picks happen when he is playing from behind. And last year that was a lot. He just made it worse than it could have been. 

40 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Probably would be sitting at 6-4 right now with the beard at the helm.

+1

Just like Mark Sanchez, he was the victim of a terrible offense, terrible receivers, terrible running backs, and the ignorant fans who blame the quarterback.  Like they always do.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1

Just like Mark Sanchez, he was the victim of a terrible offense, terrible receivers, terrible running backs, and the ignorant fans who blame the quarterback.  Like they always do.

SAR I

In 2015 he single handily choked away our playoff hopes, he set records with a supporting cast he failed us miserably against the Bills in the season finale. 

18 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Fans and media

Why pay Fitz $3m when you can pay McCown $7-8m? Besides, those were clearly the only 2 choices. Any smart GM would have picked up one of these 2 to make him the starter instead of acquiring someone with some upside and a future in this league. 

$22m and counting, plus 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 7th round picks for Fitzpatrick, McCown, Petty, and Hackenberg. Plus probably at least another late-round pick if we’d never made an offer to Fitz in the first place; he’d have signed elsewhere and we’d have gained a compensaotry pick for losing him.

Forward thinking: it’s what the Jets do best. That’s why we only sign veteran busts to contracts that we can dump after 2 years — again, it’s on the same success level as picking up good and great players. Also the Jets are the only team that doesn’t full guarantee every veteran’s contract for 4-5 years.

#forwardthinking

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Why pay Fitz $3m when you can pay McCown $7-8m? Besides, those were clearly the only 2 choices. Any smart GM would have picked up one of these 2 to make him the starter instead of acquiring someone with some upside and a future in this league. 

$22m and counting, and 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 7th round picks for Fitzpatrick, McCown, Petty, and Hackenberg. Plus probably at least another late-round pick if we’d never made an offer to Fitz in the first place; he’d have signed elsewhere and we’d have gained a compensaotry pick for losing him.

Forward thinking: it’s what the Jets do best. That’s why we only sign veteran busts to contracts that we can dump after 2 years — again, it’s on the same success level as picking up good and great players. Also the Jets are the only team that doesn’t full guarantee every veteran’s contract for 4-5 years.

#forwardthinking

Bitter much..

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

No, I love that we have no QB of the present, no QB of the future, and are likely to miss out on the best prospects in the upcoming draft (again). It brings me joy.

Listen, chill, a good thing happened the Giants Won. The 49ers may be taking trade ups for #2 pick. We could still get Rosen/Darnold. We will have to sell the farm, but for a chance of a real franchise QB on our team it's worth it!

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Listen, chill, a good thing happened the Giants Won. The 49ers may be taking trade ups for #2 pick. We could still get Rosen/Darnold. We will have to sell the farm, but for a chance of a real franchise QB on our team it's worth it!

Yeah just like the last time that was offered to us. And we didn’t even have to give up only picks b/c we were packaging Mo (which itself would have been a net gain just by not paying him like an elite DLman).

If Cousins or Smith is available, I think that’s what we’re doing. Then with our top 5-10 pick we’re drafting either a RB, CB, or EDGE.

Let's sign him for 12 million! Not. I hate paying a kings ransom for a QB BUT Cousins has earned it. The Skins are douche bags for not paying him. Other than Cousins; draft a high pick. 

OK,so Clemens just came into the game. A few more years and we can sign him up for Bowles AARP squad?  

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The Bills have a TON of assets to trade up for a QB and it's pretty clear they're not happy with their current options.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

+1

SAR I

Fitz has one major problem in his game that kept him from getting better his entire career and that's impatience at times he really needed to be patient. His tendency to force the ball and create turnovers was VERY Sanchez like and the main reason neither one of them lived up to the potential some of us saw they had. 

Sometimes (like in the case of Fitz) you think maybe they can turn the corner but they never do... a hot streak here or there does not equal what makes a QB great. It sucks to be let down but that's what both of the guys you mention have done. Was Sanchez mishandled from the start ? Absolutely, but that's not a good enough reason to think he would have turned out great or even good.

IMHO while we have been unlucky at QB for a long time we have certainly been just as unlucky with our head coaches as well. You need a combination of great coaching and great QB play to win consistently and we have not had one or the other for way too many years.

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah just like the last time that was offered to us. And we didn’t even have to give up only picks b/c we were packaging Mo (which itself would have been a net gain just by not paying him like an elite DLman).

If Cousins or Smith is available, I think that’s what we’re doing. Then with our top 5-10 pick we’re drafting either a RB, CB, or EDGE.

I would not mind an elite all around RB to open up this offense with Cousins or Smith at QB ... Smith is a smarter QB Cousins is more explosive either way with that type Running back and either one of those QB's this team becomes a possible playoff contender IF Todd Bowles is the hell out of here.

Archived