Money aside, which would be the most attractive aspect of signing with the New York Jets, to a FA QB?

Sperm Edwards

Choose  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Money aside, which would be the most attractive aspect of signing with the New York Jets, to a FA QB?

• Todd Bowles
    • Knowing Bowles just fired the OC after 1 year because passing the ball the 7th-fewest times in the NFL, while the veteran QB was having a career year, was deemed to be too pass-happy. QBs like handing off.
    • Robby Anderson just got arrested (again), so he might do some time, get suspended, or both
    • The next-best WR on the team (by far) was a roster spot dump by the Seahawks, and he's a FA after this upcoming season as well
    • In 2016 the Jets drafted a RT in round 5, and this below-average player is the only OL pick the team drafted over the past 3 seasons
    • The possibility of a comeback season from Matt Forte - remember, he was great in 2013
    • Pending FA TE Seferian-Jenkins, who's turned down the team's initial offer, cleanly caught about as many TD passes as he dropped or bobbled
    • The glorious weather, played outdoors
    • Pristine training facility in Florham Park
    • The loving posters of JetNation, who are famous throughout the land

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

JetNation Mods are Trolls, Robby Anderson wants to ejaculate every f*ckin’ where, PhilC1 has been quite ...its wild being a Jet fan in this day and age.

Sooooooooooo, sell Kirk Cousins on playing for the Jets, as opposed to Jacksonville, Arizona, or Denver, which are all virtual paradises to a Rust Belt goober like him. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sooooooooooo, sell Kirk Cousins on playing for the Jets, as opposed to Jacksonville, Arizona, or Denver, which are all virtual paradises to a Rust Belt goober like him. 

I’m sorry, I’m off duty today. Check back with me tomorrow. I’m just going with the flow on this one. Enjoying the thread for what it is.

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The money in each of those cases is going to be roughly the same, spare NJ's highest taxes on everything in the nation. Cousins as a Michigan lad probably off DC hates the east coast and smarmy beat writers like Lil'Manish. 

And then the Jets expect to sign a guy with a HC who thinks the forward pass is evil and a GM who hasn't picked a high OL guy ever. 

Kirk Cousins is not coming here.But this is the fantasy the GM and HC are going to try to engage in to avoid drafting a QB in round 1 rather than take their beloved tweener DB Minka Fitzpatrick to attempt to accomplish their vaunted 11 DB defense.

We debated this last off season. You told me I was wrong, a smart GM signs players to competitive deals despite disadvantages. 

To answer your question, media spot light for future careers in broadcasting and national endorsement deals. 

imo the biggest attraction is that it's in the largest media market in the country if not the world.  as the saying goes, if you can make it here you can make it anywhere.  the redskins haven't thought highly enough of him meet his demands for a contract and he has showed that he is a money player.

Archived