Jets fan Saquon Barkley admits playing for Jets would be GREAT

Patriot Killa

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

1. Sign Kirk Cousins (QB)

2. Drat Saquon Barkley (RB)

3. Resign Nick Mangold (C)

4. Use rest of Draft to Rebuild O-Line and CB.  Maybe a WR too if we can.

My God......I.....I don;t think I could find fault with that.

Resign Mangold? Okay...I wouldn’t mind that..but drafting Price or Daniels to take over afterwards would be pretty awesome.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Resign Mangold? Okay...I wouldn’t mind that..but drafting Price or Daniels to take over afterwards would be pretty awesome.

Yes, I'd resign Mangold (and start him) in 2018.  Protect.  This.  Cousins.

And yes, I'd draft (or sign) his future replacement too.  Mangold, at most, has one or two years left to play.

All this presume he is, in fact, healthy again.  If not, all bets off, no resigning.

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

TE

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

*Drafts defensive box Safety*

”NOOOO, Y WULD YU Draft a box safety at 6!?!???”

*Drafts offensive game changer*

”NOOOO, Y WULD YU draft a running back at 6!!?!?”

There is no pleasing you f*ck faces.

Was he a game changer in the  7 or 8 games here he rushed for 50 yards or so?

He is a weapon type player, totally agree.  I would not go ballistic if we drafted him but he's overrated in my mind and not so far ahead of a number of other backs that we 'have' to have him.

11 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Never happening, even if we signed Cousins. It will be Minka Fitzpatrick.

Another safety? Several talent evaluators think his best position is a safety. He played that position most of the time in college. If that happens I think billboard space will be purchased by Jets fans.

While it's kind of nice to hear, I have to admit there's no draft pick I would be more unhappy with than Barkley.

I'm sorry, but in today's NFL there is no position outside of special teams that has a lower replacement cost, and shorter shelf-life, than running back.  For all of the flack the Jets got about what they did with the safety position, this would be worse.  Investment at RB is always short-term in the league today, and so unless you're a team that's built to win, and think that a RB can put you over the top, it's simply not worth that kind of investment.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes, I'd resign Mangold (and start him) in 2018.  Protect.  This.  Cousins.

And yes, I'd draft (or sign) his future replacement too.  Mangold, at most, has one or two years left to play.

All this presume he is, in fact, healthy again.  If not, all bets off, no resigning.

Mangold is toast.  There's a reason he wasn't picked up last year.

3 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

While it's kind of nice to hear, I have to admit there's no draft pick I would be more unhappy with than Barkley.

I'm sorry, but in today's NFL there is no position outside of special teams that has a lower replacement cost, and shorter shelf-life, than running back.  For all of the flack the Jets got about what they did with the safety position, this would be worse.  Investment at RB is always short-term in the league today, and so unless you're a team that's built to win, and think that a RB can put you over the top, it's simply not worth that kind of investment.

For me at least, Fournette last year and Saquon this year are different.  With the current NFL zeitgeist steering towards smaller, faster defenders to defend against the pass, I think the rare few RB's like Fournette and Barkley who have the speed and agility to run like players that are thirty pounds lighter yet can maintain a 230 lb frame, are worth taking high in the first. 

In most drafts, with most prospects; I'd be agreeing with you.  I just think Barkley and Fournette are the exceptions to the rule. 

And if we somehow manage to sign Cousins and draft Barkley... this team will be infinitely more fun to watch. 

The window might only be five years, because of Cousins' age and the burden that Barkley will shoulder - but it will be a great five years.  

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Nick Mangold?  Lol, let it go

Assuming Cousins doesn’t actually sign here and Maccagnan lacks the nuts to pull the trigger on Mayfield (if he drops), Barkley would be the next guy up in terms of putting fans in the seats. You PSL dudes out there, are you excited to scratch a check to watch Sam Bradford and Josh McCown throw passes to Jermaine Kearse and watch Jamal Adams and Minkah Fitzpatrick dance during timeouts during 21-17 losses? 

3 hours ago, peebag said:

Mangold is toast.  There's a reason he wasn't picked up last year.

Yes he was still hurt.

Even then he’d have been a major upgrade over the poo we had playing Center.

Its ok I know all the Mangold must go folks won’t admit they were wrong. Those folks never do.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes he was still hurt.

Even then he’d have been a major upgrade over the poo we had playing Center.

Its ok I know all the Mangold must go folks won’t admit they were wrong. Those folks never do.

And you're right based on what exactly?  All the teams that lined up to sign him?  His play last season? 

Holy shlt, "those folks won't admit they were wrong, they never do".  You actually said this.  After posting to resign Mangold? lol.  

Now neg rep me, it's what you do.

21 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

13,176 yards, 81 touchdowns and 36 interceptions in three years isn’t stop gap to me.

No offense but his TD's have gone down every year, his completion percentage has gone down every year, his passer rating has gone down every year and his INT's have gone UP every year....I know why everyone is all over this guy but there is still a fair argument on the other side. 

That being said I'd love Barkley at 6 but there is ZERO chance he will be there. 

21 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

That cliche to say (RB 2nd Round) as many positions could be found in the second round but none being close to Barkley as far as being complete. I liked Sony until I found out he's soon to turn 23 or 24 years old. That's the age of someone going on their second NFL contract. Many have Guice going late first round as he's my second choice. 

I would not let Sony's age keep us from drafting him.  He is 23 -- 2 years older than Barkley, but in 4 years in college he had 650 touches.  In 3 seasons, Barkley had about 775.  Not suggesting Sony is better than Barkley, but I would not take him off or drop him down the draft board because of age. 

Still plenty of tread left on those tires.

21 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

*Drafts defensive box Safety*

”NOOOO, Y WULD YU Draft a box safety at 6!?!???”

*Drafts offensive game changer*

”NOOOO, Y WULD YU draft a running back at 6!!?!?”

There is no pleasing you f*ck faces.

QB, LT, EDGE, then maybe CB, WR.

Thats 5 options that make sense at 6.  So, it’s no “there’s no pleasing you **** faces,” there’s just more than one bad decision and Jet fans and management alike seem to enjoy making them all.

Archived