Jets fan Saquon Barkley admits playing for Jets would be GREAT

Patriot Killa

http://www.sportingnews.com/amp/nfl/news/saquon-barkley-new-york-jets-rumors-nfl-draft-2018-mock/bc17xqdmez2c18y64asc29o4h

JETS FAN SAQUON BARKLEY ADMITS PLAYING IN NEW YORK 'WOULD BE GREAT'

KISSIMMEE, Fla. — There is a chance Saquon Barkley could end up playing for his childhood favorite team, a possibility the 2018 NFL Draft's top running back admits is exciting.

Barkley, who put up more than 2,100 all-purpose yards as a junior at Penn State in 2017 before declaring for the draft, has emerged not just as a consensus first-round pick, but a possible No. 1 overall selection. Born in the Bronx, he played his high school football at Whitehall High School in Pennsylvania, smack-dab in the middle of Eagles country.

But Barkley did not grow up an Eagles fan. He instead rooted for a green team that plays in New Jersey. A Pro Football Hall of Fame running back is the reason Barkley started and continues to follow this team.

"Curtis Martin — I'm a Jets fan growing up. I'm still a Jets fan," Barkley recently told Sporting News. "Come draft day, all that goes out the window. It would be great for me to be able to play for the team I grew up liking ... obviously New York is close to home and would be a great position for me. "But as I said, whatever team decides to draft me, that’s a blessing."

The Jets currently hold the No. 6 overall pick in the draft. Depending on how the dominoes fall in front of them, particularly where and when quarterbacks are selected, Barkley could fall to them. But New York in all likelihood would need to trade up in order to draft Barkley.

Barkley is currently training at Disney’s Wide World of Sports outside of Orlando, having spent the past few weeks under famed strength and conditioning coach Tom Shaw. In addition to Barkley, Ohio State quarterback J.T. Barrett is also training at Disney’s Wide World of Sports.

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

have to say, I really like hearing this, guess that makes me a fanatic too...

Cousins and Barkley would help form a team that is unrecognizable as the Jets :)

and the really sad thing; BB is now looking for a way to trade up and draft him just to stick the knife in one more time

Omg this is just another Kirk Cousins thread!

There are 3 QBs that are probably going to go before 6

Allen

Darnold

Mayfield (i suspect Rosen falls and the Jets cannot draft him anyway)

there are 3 stud non QB

Chubb

Nelson

and Barkley

Longshots include Tremaine Edmunds, Orlando Brown or Denzel Ward.

Mac is going to throw all the money at Kirk and wait for one of these non QBs at 6.  All the talk Jets fans are doing about QB is not going to matter. 

31 minutes ago, bitonti said:

There are 3 QBs that are probably going to go before 6

Allen

Darnold

Mayfield (i suspect Rosen falls and the Jets cannot draft him anyway)

there are 3 stud non QB

Chubb

Nelson

and Barkley

Longshots include Tremaine Edmunds, Orlando Brown or Denzel Ward.

Mac is going to throw all the money at Kirk and wait for one of these non QBs at 6.  All the talk Jets fans are doing about QB is not going to matter. 

That's why signing Kirk makes the most sense for this team. While drafting a franchise QB is a great idea, we are picking 6 and can't even be certain that the teams pick at 1-2 would be open to trading away their pick. 

At 6, being able to take one of the 3 best players in the draft while still landing a young franchise QB (Cousins) insures that this team is on building a well rounded team. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's why signing Kirk makes the most sense for this team. While drafting a franchise QB is a great idea, we are picking 6 and can't even be certain that the teams pick at 1-2 would be open to trading away their pick.  

This logic is not entirely sound b.c the Jets are primarily competing with CLE and DEN for Cousins. If either of those teams signs Kirk Cousins, there's a better chance one of the QBs fall.  The real question is Kirk Cousins better than Baker Mayfield? I would rather have the draft pick cause Cousins feels more like an expensive stop gap than a true franchise QB. 

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This logic is not entirely sound b.c the Jets are primarily competing with CLE and DEN for Cousins. If either of those teams signs Kirk Cousins, there's a better chance one of the QBs fall.  The real question is Kirk Cousins better than Baker Mayfield? I would rather have the draft pick cause Cousins feels more like an expensive stop gap than a true franchise QB. 

13,176 yards, 81 touchdowns and 36 interceptions in three years isn’t stop gap to me.

6 minutes ago, Grandy said:

He's my favorite guy in the entire draft. He's a gifted runner in all regards. We only get a prospect like him once every 25 years in the NFL.

Lately it seems like it's every year.  Gurley, Elliott, Fournette, now Barkely.  Saquon may be the best of them all, but all of them have been worthy first-round picks.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Running backs are deep again this season and can be found with either of the Jets 2nd round picks. It’s not a premium position so don’t pay a premium price. 

If you have a chance to get Barkley you better just jump the gun and select the stud. Top drafted running backs make the biggest impact their rookie year towards the teams W and L column. 

He's a guy who definitely has the capability to take on 300+ carries, catch 60+ catches l, while being a phenomenal pass blocker. 

That cliche to say (RB 2nd Round) as many positions could be found in the second round but none being close to Barkley as far as being complete. I liked Sony until I found out he's soon to turn 23 or 24 years old. That's the age of someone going on their second NFL contract. Many have Guice going late first round as he's my second choice. 

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Lately it seems like it's every year.  Gurley, Elliott, Fournette, now Barkely.  Saquon may be the best of them all, but all of them have been worthy first-round picks.

*Drafts defensive box Safety*

”NOOOO, Y WULD YU Draft a box safety at 6!?!???”

*Drafts offensive game changer*

”NOOOO, Y WULD YU draft a running back at 6!!?!?”

There is no pleasing you f*ck faces.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

*Drafts defensive box Safety*

”NOOOO, Y WULD YU Draft a box safety at 6!?!???”

*Drafts offensive game changer*

”NOOOO, Y WULD YU draft a running back at 6!!?!?”

There is no pleasing you f*ck faces.

No need to curse.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I knew you were lurking.?? it was that moment where the teacher walks out of the classroom and everyone turns around in their seats and starts yelling. I thought I had a window.?

Max is Illuminati.  He sees all.  He knows all.  

All of these scenarios are great.  I love the thought of getting Cousins, Barkley, Mayfield, Rosen or Nelson.  That would give us hope that we are finally improving the offense through the draft or FA.  It is so awesome to imagine that.  Like the sun coming out after a horrific storm.

Unfortunately we have:

usatsi_8556177-e1482947821240.jpg?w=1024

We are drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Archived