WR T. Pryor Visiting Jets

Paradis

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent Terrelle Pryor will visit the Jets.
Pryor is meeting with the Seahawks on Monday. If he leaves that visit without a deal, the Jets will be next up on the list. Pryor would be a good reclamation signing for either receiver-needy team.

For those that know me - they know I go 6 to noon for tall big bodied receivers... AND I love me some Pryor... AND Josh turned him into a 1000 yard receiver with CLE...

Still; mixed feelings. I wanted to see him go back and be successful in CLE. That was a good story in believeland. Should have finished there. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love the signing. He seems like the kind of kid that needs to be in the right spot and right system. He was Great in Cleveland but then a Trainwreck with Washington.

Since we've missed out on the more proven WR options he's actually great plan B. An incentive laden deal would make the most sense. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

For those that know me - they know I go 6 to noon for tall big bodied receivers... AND I love me some Pryor... AND Josh turned him into a 1000 yard receiver with CLE...

Still; mixed feelings. I wanted to see him go back and be successful in CLE. That was a good story in believeland. Should have finished there. 

I approve of this visit.  

He’d be a good alternative to Robbie Anderson minus the headaches, upcoming suspension

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Would love the signing. He seems like the kind of kid that needs to be in the right spot and right system. He was Great in Cleveland but then a Trainwreck with Washington.

Since we've missed out on the more proven WR options he's actually great plan B. An incentive laden deal would make the most sense. 

Who ISN'T a trainwreck in Washington?

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just posted this in another thread, but... 

He was a target hog in Cleveland.  They had nobody else to throw to.  He got 1,007 yards, but on 140 targets.  Statistically he was worse in Washington, but his catch rate only dropped from 55% to 54% and his ypc from 13.4 to 12.  Not the night and day difference you'd expect considering the washout. I like him, bu this is not a "don't let him leave without a contract" guy.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He was a target hog in Cleveland.  They had nobody else to throw to.  He got 1,007 yards, but on 140 targets.  Statistically he was worse in Washington, but his catch rate only dropped from 55% to 54% and his ypc from 13.4 to 12.  Not the night and day difference you'd expect considering the washout. I like him, bu this is not a "don't let him leave without a contract" guy.

Unless that contract is a 2 year 10 mil deal, right?

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Pryor got a 1 year/8 million dollar deal after his "breakout" year. I assume the price would be lower for this year and we have the cap space to take a shot. If he is a bust or gets beaten out by the likes of Hansen/Enunwa/Kearse, it's no harm/no foul. 

Not feeling this especially after drafting NOT 1  BUT 2 wr’s with the 3rd & 4th picks in ‘17 draft. And we have Enuwa coming back with Kearse. And Robbie is going nowhere despite his antics. Pryor is a great athlete but he is not a polished wr by any means. Pass.

5 minutes ago, BigO said:

Not feeling this especially after drafting NOT 1  BUT 2 wr’s with the 3rd & 4th picks in ‘17 draft. And we have Enuwa coming back with Kearse. And Robbie is going nowhere despite his antics. Pryor is a great athlete but he is not a polished wr by any means. Pass.

Respect your opinion -- but also respect the fact that he's better than everyone you listed. 

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I liked his potential after the breakout in Cleveland but he was terrible in Wash.  He eventually didnt see the field.  Thats bad as they had 0 wideouts.  I would take a flyer but a salary would need to be peanuts.

Pretty much this and signing him does nothing to address the need for a true number one receiver. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think Anderson is statistically better. OTOH, Pryor is more of a coaches pet and not driving like a nut, as far as I know. 

i'm guilty of labeling the WSH sabbatical a wash, but if you compare the numbers and the film with Pryor & McCown in 2016 to Anderson last year, it's Pryor all the way for me. 

Terrelle-Pryor.jpg

Apparently not done spending just yet, the Jets have reportedly set up a meeting with free agent wide receiver Terrell Pryor according to NFL insider Ian Rapoport.

The big bodied Pryor posted 77 receptions for 1,007 yards and 4 touchdowns two seasons ago, but saw drop-off in 2017 when injuries limited him to 9 games (2 starts).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
035bXrqeBjo

Click here to read the full story...

I'm in the minority but I like the pieces we have at receiver. Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse, Stewart and Hansen -- I don't think that's a bad group in the short term. Hell, maybe we get something out man of glass Devin Smith.

Pryor might be worth a flier for low cash but he's not really a receiver he's just an athlete. No route running, hands like frying pans. I don't really think he's an upgrade.

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm in the minority but I like the pieces we have at receiver. Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse, Stewart and Hansen -- I don't think that's a bad group in the short term. Hell, maybe we get something out man of glass Devin Smith.

Pryor might be worth a flier for low cash but he's not really a receiver he's just an athlete. No route running, hands like frying pans. I don't really think he's an upgrade.

He'd be just another body to compete. Look, we got an unrestricted FA to emerge, we got a WR reject from the Seahawks to emerge and we got an Idzik draft pick to emerge before getting hurt. So maybe we can get lucky with Pryor who seemingly has the talent to be a #1 and worst case is just another big bodied target for our QBs. 

Shocking how low his production was in WAS.  But with the amount of

cap space we still have we should be making these types of "depth

signings", particularly with us having two less picks in the draft.

Maybe our WR coach (Dorrell) could work his magic and develop him

like Enunwa & Anderson

17 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

How much we looking at with him? I'm willing to kick the tires on him, although he was terrible last year.

I posted before, he was given a 1yr/8mill deal last year coming off a career year. So we are probably looking at a 1yr/5-6 million dollar deal if i had to guess especially since the Seahawks are also in the mix. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I posted before, he was given a 1yr/8mill deal last year coming off a career year. So we are probably looking at a 1yr/5-6 million dollar deal if i had to guess especially since the Seahawks are also in the mix. 

Would like if the contract is 2 years

kearse enunwa and amdersons deals all expire at the end of the year

Archived