Cleveland Reporter now saying Dorsey finally showed his board to his staff and it's going to be Mayfield at 1

Bruce Harper

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Paradis said:

fck you doughboy , gonna butt fumble me for saying Darnold's a blessing but i loved the mayfield fit? Gonna fumble your a$$ right back to the marvel studios

Come on dude. Everybody is wound up on the board. We don;t allow name calling. Knock it off please. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

fck you doughboy , gonna butt fumble me for saying Darnold's a blessing but i loved the mayfield fit? Gonna fumble your a$$ right back to the marvel studios

I welcome all the butt-fumbles from most of the posters on this board whose only exposure to college football last year was watching highlights on ESPN's His and Hers.

Crap I really wanted Mayfield I hope this is just more bullsh*t. 

Sam Darnold is going to be a turnover machine since he could not even secure the football in college

If its between Darnold and Rosen I hope to god we pick Rosen or it will be a extreme dissapointment

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I welcome all the butt-fumbles from most of the posters on this board whose only exposure to college football last year was watching highlights on ESPN's His and Hers.

Don’t mess with my rep, bro.

I can’t even begin to tell you how important it is to me.

Thinking about this further Maybe Cleveland is trying to get someone to move up to Number 1 to get Mayfield could be some teams are pretty passionate about getting him especially since the word the past week was the Jets were very much interested in Mayfield. Cleveland could do just as well with the 3 and 4 pick and get some extra picks to boot

16 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Crap I really wanted Mayfield I hope this is just more bullsh*t. 

Sam Darnold is going to be a turnover machine since he could not even secure the football in college

If its between Darnold and Rosen I hope to god we pick Rosen or it will be a extreme dissapointment

Sanchez Jr. 

Said it from day 1. 

Fcuk USC 

If you saw the Dorsey interview and read between the lines it sounds like he might be leaning toward Allen or Darnold.  References small hand QBs, not interested in them, strong arm and physical abilities, he likes that, talks about getting along with coaches and teammates. Plus he’s been dealing with the rival Steelers Big Ben. He might want his own Big Ben Allen.

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Cutler vs. "the greatest RB prospect of this generation?"

I'm a Penn State fan and no one loves Barkley as much as I do but if you think any of these QBs have even just a 50% chance of blossoming into a franchise QB you take the QB. Period. 

And I've watched every game Barkley has played and when his o-line struggled, he struggled and had to make plays out of the backfield or on special teams. The point being, a RB is much more dependent on his supporting cast while a QB can make everyone around then better if they are elite. Guys like Peyton, Brady can make it work with various levels of talent around them.

Plus I'll bet that there are at least 2 pro bowl running backs taken in the 2nd or later this year. 

7 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Woah! I still don't know why the #1 pick has to be kept a secret. They are not trading it away - zero chance of that or the GM would have a short stay in Cleveland. I hope this is true. Giants take Darnold and Jets take Rosen - BOOM!

Ratings. NFL probably told them to keep their mouth shut.

46 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm a Penn State fan and no one loves Barkley as much as I do but if you think any of these QBs have even just a 50% chance of blossoming into a franchise QB you take the QB. Period. 

And I've watched every game Barkley has played and when his o-line struggled, he struggled and had to make plays out of the backfield or on special teams. The point being, a RB is much more dependent on his supporting cast while a QB can make everyone around then better if they are elite. Guys like Peyton, Brady can make it work with various levels of talent around them.

Plus I'll bet that there are at least 2 pro bowl running backs taken in the 2nd or later this year. 

You just can't compare.   I think Barkley is going to be amazing.  He could be a bigger Marshal Faulk.

But, a stud running back for 6-8 years can not impact the team the way a Pro Bowl QB can.   Plus with the new rules, the QB can last for 15+ years.   A 22 year old kid who stays health can be productive at 36, 37, even later. 

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I want Rosen.

Ive seen theories about Cle taking Baker rumors are to pressure Darnold because they can’t negotiate with him. Also that Cle is trying to find their leak.

Sone say Browns wanted Saquin at 1, Baker at 4, but Jets trade + heavy buzz of Jets taking Baker = strategy change.

Jets pumping Baker may causechim to rise into top 2, thus pushing Darnold/Rosen backwards a pick.

It makes complete sense because I've been under the impression that this love affair for Baker coming from the Jets direction was a smokescreen this whole time....

Re Barkley:

5th Year Option on the #1 pick is going to be around $20 million.

If you want Barkley you need to be wiling to a RB $20 million a year five years down the road - or to just give up on the #1, #1 after four years.

Archived