Cleveland Reporter now saying Dorsey finally showed his board to his staff and it's going to be Mayfield at 1

Bruce Harper

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Anyone who would not be happy with either Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield has not fully appreciated the dumpster fire we've had under center since Pennington suffered his first injury. While I have my preference of the 3, I can not dismiss the any as a bad pick at #3. 

I want Rosen above all else, but yes. As long as it's one of those three, and one of those three only, I'm good.

I can’t wait for tonight and all the suspense to be over. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Brown’s went with Mayfield. He’s similar to Manziel but better in many ways. Once the Jets pick at 3 then we can clear the board of all this crap and we can cheer and jeer at who the Jets picked. I’m all in with Rosen.

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mayock was just on the rich eisen show said mayfield at 1 is all smoke.  Darnold still the pick.

I've been saying this all along.  In most years teams at #1 don't care as much about misinformation because their next pick is in round 2 or much later.  In this case the Browns have a real incentive to lay traps becasue they pick at 4 and want to either scare people away from Barkley or Chubb or they are serious about trading down.

If Mayfield is "smoke" it's only to see if see if they can tempt another team like the Jets to trade up to #1 because of all of the rumors that the Jets love Mayfield.

However, if the Jets loving Mayfield was all "smoke" too, then its just smoke on top of smoke, likely on top of more smoke.

And you know what happens when there's smoke on draft day.......

0ap3000000657279.jpg

10 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Rosen has 2 concussions in HS and 2 in college. Don't think its overblown. 

Totally disagree. What Quarterbacks since the advent of the no hitting the QB rules has had a problem with repeated concussions? And the fact is that when a guy has a concussion, he is kept out of play until his has fully recovered. Sidney Crosby is an excellent example of how far we've come in making sure players can resume their career even after suffering truly serious concussions. In two consecutive seasons, 2010-11 and 2011-12, Crosby missed 108 games due to concussion. Since the conclusion of the 2011-2012 season, over 6 full seasons he has missed a total of six games due to concussion concerns. And remember, they play hockey basically every other night and everyone is hitting Cindy Crosby over the course of an 82 game season plus playoffs. In the NFL, you get a week to recover from almost every game and you only play 16 plus playoffs with a bye week guaranteed, and your are not permitted to hit a QB in the head.  

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mayock was just on the rich eisen show said mayfield at 1 is all smoke.  Darnold still the pick.

Wow!  Maybe Cleveland is trying to force the Jets to trade up?

I still think Cleveland should go with Barkley at #1 and really tilt this Draft on its head.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

fck you doughboy , gonna butt fumble me for saying Darnold's a blessing but i loved the mayfield fit? Gonna fumble your a$$ right back to the marvel studios

this seems like a big response for a negative reputation on a football message board.

38 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Think about it, youre going on what the Browns think.  As if they are the model to go by

This “it’s the Browns” narrative needs to be tempered. The Browns are now being run by a competent GM in Dorsey and one of the best talent evaluators in Scot McGloughan. 

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s okay to disagree but Allen will be the best QB in this class.

Rosen will be on the Jets IR while Allen’s winning playoff games in Buffalo.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Respectfully, I'm not sure what you base this on.  The guy was not a good QB in high school, Junior College or College.  Why would he be good all of a sudden in the pros?

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Amazing how a segment of the fan base could actually be upset with the possibility
of choosing between Rosen & Darnold.  Back in September people would've loved that
opportunity, now they complain.  Unbelievable

Classic right? LMAO! Oh, no, now Macc has to pick between Darnold & Rosen...Sh*T!

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Wow!  Maybe Cleveland is trying to force the Jets to trade up?

I still think Cleveland should go with Barkley at #1 and really tilt this Draft on its head.

That was still my thinking, is that the Browns are floating Mayfield out there to see if a team like the Jets bite. We are still about 5 1/2 hours from the Browns on the clock, so it would be a smart move to put that out there.

Now if this is true, I could definitely see the Giants still locked in on Barkley, and it would not shock me if they stayed with him at #2.

Another thought on this crazy day is if Darnold is available at #2, does a team like the Broncos try and move up to #2. If let's say that the Giants have Chubb as the #1 player overall, and the Broncos look at Darnold and feel that with Keenum in place, there wouldn't be the pressure for Darnold to start day one, it would be a smart move for the Giants to trade out of #2, and pick up a boatload of picks.

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Think about it, youre going on what the Browns think.  As if they are the model to go by

The Browns met with him and walked away feeling he was unintelligent. Imagine Ted Nugent calling you a classless dirtbag. That's what this is the equivalent of.

1 minute ago, 7561526667 said:

That was still my thinking, is that the Browns are floating Mayfield out there to see if a team like the Jets bite. We are still about 5 1/2 hours from the Browns on the clock, so it would be a smart move to put that out there.

Now if this is true, I could definitely see the Giants still locked in on Barkley, and it would not shock me if they stayed with him at #2.

Another thought on this crazy day is if Darnold is available at #2, does a team like the Broncos try and move up to #2. If let's say that the Giants have Chubb as the #1 player overall, and the Broncos look at Darnold and feel that with Keenum in place, there wouldn't be the pressure for Darnold to start day one, it would be a smart move for the Giants to trade out of #2, and pick up a boatload of picks.

Correct. The browns still have no clue what do I bet. They are hoping someone makes the decision easier for them by trading up. They can grab a lot of extra picks and still grab Allen much later in the 1st

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Correct. The browns still have no clue what do I bet. They are hoping someone makes the decision easier for them by trading up. They can grab a lot of extra picks and still grab Allen much later in the 1st

If the Browns truly love Allen, it would be nuts not to take Barkley #1 overall (if they feel that he's the BPOB). They could trade out of the #4, but if they fall too far back, you have to think that the Bills will do everything they can to trade up in front of the Browns.

And wouldn't that be true Browns...have two of the first 4 picks and come away with 0 QB's.

36 minutes ago, C Mart said:

This “it’s the Browns” narrative needs to be tempered. The Browns are now being run by a competent GM in Dorsey and one of the best talent evaluators in Scot McGloughan. 

Until things change theyre not any different.  Never seems to make a difference when we're talking Jets, we dont have a problem bringing up the records or screw up by past management

Archived