Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

I can live with that.  Of the examples I have seen this is by far the best.

Is this different than the "leaked" image from yesterday that was being discussed?  I cant get to see this image at work.

Can anyone post the image locally here?  It would be much appreciated.

13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sign me up too

I can live with the uniform ( a little boring if you ask me) but the plane logo on the helmet looks like Windows Clipboard art from 2002.  HORRIBLE.  There are so many cool things a design team can do with a jet as a logo and THAT is not one of them.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I can live with the uniform ( a little boring if you ask me) but the plane logo on the helmet looks like Windows Clipboard art from 2002.  HORRIBLE.  There are so many cool things a design team can do with a jet as a logo and THAT is not one of them.  

I read somewhere that the Jets are the only (maybe one more) team in the NFL with a single color uniform.  A little accent might not be a bad thing.  And don't look too closely or you'll notice the refrigerator-art version of the plane logo is on the jersey too.  Reminds me of this famous tweet:

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

They could put the 90’s logo on there if they wanted and I think it’d look even better. I’d be down for this design. First one that I actually like out of all of em haha

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I read somewhere that the Jets are the only (maybe one more) team in the NFL with a single color uniform.  A little accent might not be a bad thing.  And don't look too closely or you'll notice the refrigerator-art version of the plane logo is on the jersey too.  Reminds me of this famous tweet:

The Jets and the Colts are the only ones. I think it was mentioned when we played them this year that it would be the only time that a game would only have 3 colors: Green, Blue and White. 

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

More than anything else I do not believe the Jets are going to walk away from the best throwbacks (perhaps #2, Chargers) in the NFL.  Which is what would happen if the base color of the helmet isn't white.

SAR I

They could wear blue helmets in their Titans throwbacks, why wouldn't they be able to wear white with their championship throwbacks? 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sign me up too

I've got a sweatshirt with the airplane logo on it. I like it as a throwback, but it's really not modern at all. I can't imagine they'd go back to a logo that they barely used. 

11 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Assuming they use a new shade of green does this mean JetMan will need new spandex? 

Hopefully he FINALLY slaps on a pair of pants for gameday - this coming from a guy who refuses to wear pants within his property lines. lol. 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I've got a sweatshirt with the airplane logo on it. I like it as a throwback, but it's really not modern at all. I can't imagine they'd go back to a logo that they barely used. 

I love that retro look on occasion but you are probably right that they cant go back to it.  Perhaps an updated fighter Jet with the name?

49 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

The Jets and the Colts are the only ones. I think it was mentioned when we played them this year that it would be the only time that a game would only have 3 colors: Green, Blue and White. 

Cowboys are blue only too.  Any others?

1 hour ago, slats said:

They could wear blue helmets in their Titans throwbacks, why wouldn't they be able to wear white with their championship throwbacks? 

Since 2012 the NFL has been advised by the medical / concussion community that it is safer for players to have a single helmet in a given season, so no longer can teams in the NFL flip between a white helmet and a blue helmet etc.  One helmet, that’s it.

So if the Jets eschew a white helmet and go for a different color like black, green, or gray it would mean that we would never be able to dress in our 1968 AFL uniforms as our throwback. Considering how good they look, how important Super Bowl III was to league history, and the upcoming 60th anniversary season commemorating the AFL in 2020, I don’t see the Jets abandoning the white helmet. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

I’m redisigning my whole house.  My wife is >20 years younger than me and the in color is matte black for everything.  I hated it at first, but it’s growing on me.  I am 100% sure after this experience our helmets will be matte black.  I’m also around 75% sure that anyone on here 40 years old and up will probably not like the new uniforms, but it will grow on them. 

4 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Yeah but they are Blue and Silver...I suppose they don't count "white" as an official color since every team has some version of "whites" jerseys. 

My bad, was thinking about jerseys, didn't think of their pants.  Duh

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Nike, probably the best design team on the planet. 

Even if every other design team on the planet were to die in horrific yak herding accidents, Nike would still be the worst on the planet.

A design by an epileptic blind donkey with a paintbrush would be an improvement on anything done by Nike.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Even if every other design team on the planet were to die in horrific yak herding accidents, Nike would still be the worst on the planet.

A design by an epileptic blind donkey with a paintbrush would be an improvement on anything done by Nike.

2018-Uniforms_NIKE-Sports_Twitter_FP.jpg

ducks-2018.png

I think what they've done with the Ducks is very fresh and interesting especially in a limiting color like green.  I like the helmet applique; it conveys the feeling of flight, I expect something along these lines for the J's.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

2018-Uniforms_NIKE-Sports_Twitter_FP.jpg

ducks-2018.png

I think what they've done with the Ducks is very fresh and interesting especially in a limiting color like green.  I like the helmet applique; it conveys the feeling of flight, I expect something along these lines for the J's.

SAR I

Those unis couldn't be uglier, Nike and Oregon have ruined uniforms.  Let's hope the Jets don't follow a similar pattern

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Is this different than the "leaked" image from yesterday that was being discussed?  I cant get to see this image at work.

Can anyone post the image locally here?  It would be much appreciated.

Very different.  See below

IMG_20190125_153358.jpg

• Upvote 1