### Jets vs Giants - Preseason Game 3 --- The Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Walrus said:

They bend but they haven't broken once in 3 games now.

Would be nice if they didn't bend so easily though.

This is the NFL.  Rules heavily favor the offense.  You're going to give up pass plays - it happens.  The defense has been very good.

1 minute ago, The Walrus said:

They bend but they haven't broken once in 3 games now.

Would be nice if they didn't bend so easily though.

I’m fine with bend don’t break and think that’s more realistic for modern day defense in a passing league. The execution is what worries me and I think it will break easily during the seasons that’s what worries me. 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

This is the NFL.  Rules heavily favor the offense.  You're going to give up pass plays - it happens.  The defense has been very good.

Getting picked apart by Eli Manning without Odell Beckham is problematic. I like the lack of TDs given up but are you sure the team will be able to hold when the game is actually being played?

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I know what you are saying but the execution worries me and I don’t think holding teams to field goals is sustainable. We will see during the season but I always feel better about the offense than the defense with this team and Bowles is supposed to be better on D. 

Archived