### Jets vs Giants - Preseason Game 3 --- The Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Lith said:

1.  Darnold has been solid.  2 nice TD drives including TD pass to Pryor.  Ton pf penalties and bad field position putting the offense in bad situation long down and distances has limited effecrtivness.

2.  Qvae is a disaster.  Cannot pass block.  Cannot run block.  TO quote MIke Singletary.  Cannot win with him.  Can't do it.

3. Cannon funbled on kick return.

A lot of bend dont break defense.  STs allowed PR touchdown.  Worst half of football I have ever seen on STs.  2 long PRs allowed incluidng TD.  Fumbled KO. Multiple penalties.  Just awful.

So am I understanding this correctly, that on ST they allowed 1 punt return TD, another long return, lost a fumble on a kick off then fumbled another kickoff out of bounds?

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

our gm has had 4 drafts and has not drafted a single guy that looks like he can rush the passer.

He's used less draft resources than any other team in the league on the oline.

MAC has definitely shown himself to be a VERY poor evaluator of talent.  Between he and Idzik, their drafts must be bottom 20 percent. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Whatever makes you happy.  Any of other Jets that need to be trashed by their so called fans in a preseason game?

The back didn't make a block?  We are led to believe that Adams sought the out the back and ran directly into him.  We are also led to believe that he has not made a play in the secondary but where any balls thrown to where he was playing.  FAKE NEWS!

PS  I am agreeing with you

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Darnold 50% .. emoji53.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

did you watch the game? He was running for his life.  Those other 50% he chucked out of bounds as he was about to get murdered on the run. Not concerned about him.  Concerned about the OL.

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Tough to understand for some, but....

3 PRE-SEASON GAMES

Oh yeah, he's 21 years old and he's far from a finished product. But at this juncture I'd love to see take a chance, even his interception was on a check down. It's preseason and in this game in particular he had time. 

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

The back didn't make a block?  We are led to believe that Adams sought the out the back and ran directly into him.  We are also led to believe that he has not made a play in the secondary but where any balls thrown to where he was playing.  FAKE NEWS!

PS  I am agreeing with you

Oh I know.  People that don't have a clue of what's going on trashing players making plays they don't understand.

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

did you watch the game? He was running for his life.  Those other 50% he chucked out of bounds as he was about to get murdered on the run. Not concerned about him.  Concerned about the OL.

Don't forget a dropped pass by our #1 WR

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

our gm has had 4 drafts and has not drafted a single guy that looks like he can rush the passer.

He's used less draft resources than any other team in the league on the oline.

Yeah, Bowles was in the war room pleading for oline, pleading, and said I don’t want Adams, I don’t want lee, I don’t want Williams, and Mac said f u, you don’t need any offense, what you need is defense. Seems plausible......

Then I'd be concerned about him and his health

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

And thats the good news.

Jeez, call home Mike Westhoff.

I don't like sounding off when I haven't seen anything, but the just bothers me so much.  ST is simply effort and coaching.  I don't pretend to be a fan of Bowles, and there are plenty of reasons why, but the main one for me is he can't seem to identify good assistants.

Archived