Bridgewater & 6th Rounder traded to Saints for a 3rd Rounder

JetsFanatic

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TeddEY said:

Good value to get for Bridgewater, but I bet the Saints end up looking at this deal as a steal.

A win-win, I suppose.  I'd have kept Bridewater and even considered a franchise and trade next offseason.  But, it's hard to be mad about this.

This makes it clear the Jets never saw him as a potential long term solution. 

Feel like we could have waited and gotten more. I think teddy is going to a good place as long as they resign him long term. If teddy stays healthy and takes over when brees is done the saints won this trade. If teddy can't stay on the field for them and is a free agent for us to sign back next year we could be the winners lol

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

11 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

The rush is

1. Wasting a roster spot on someone we know how 0 future here.

2. If Darnold struggles, the last thing we need is guys like you calling for Bridgewater. 

3. If you wait and nobody gets hurt that is a legit contender and you risk the 3rd rounder. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

4. Good chance having Bridgewater go out there tomorrow night behind Qvale gets him broken into tiny little pieces. 

5, The end of the "start Teddy" threads

Just now, bealeb319 said:

Feel like we could have waited and gotten more. I think teddy is going to a good place as long as they resign him long term. If teddy stays healthy and takes over when brees is done the saints won this trade. If teddy can't stay on the field for them and is a free agent for us to sign back next year we could be the winners lol

The kicker here is not having to pay teddys guaranteed 5 million in a few days  . Instead jets only on the hook for 500k

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

4. Good chance having Bridgewater go out there tomorrow night behind Qvale gets him broken into tiny little pieces. 

Qvale is our new starting LT we can't have him out there tomorrow in case he gets hurt.  Sheeeeshhh some people and their doom and gloom.

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Holdout for more and if a starter is injured you have more leverage, what was the rush. 

Genuis GM?  No just a fan how about you someone who likes to personally attack others for their opinion. 

If no QB's get hurt you're looking at losing $5 million that you could've carried over to next season and most likely only getting a late round pick back if anybody would even make a trade at that point.  That would be awful.  This is the best deal with the least risk.

Macc has made 3 nice trades the last 2 years.

The Sheldon for a 2, Kearse and some cap space was a good deal. 

He signed Teddy, gave him 500k bonus, helped him with his rehab, and traded a 6 for a 3.   Basically traded 500k + a 6 for a 3rd.   Helps make up for not having a 2 next year.

People may argue, trading 3 second rounders for a potential Franchise QB is a steal. 

If only he could draft as well as he can trade.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The 6th is fairly inconsequential.  On the draft value chart (which Mac seems to actually take seriously) it is at worst the value of between pick 100 and 101 (top of 4th round.  At best the value is between 67-68 (3rd and 4th picks of 3rd round).  

One figures that New Orleans is going to draft pretty low, and the Jets draft pretty high.  So as you say its likely a late 3rd rounder to early fourth in net value.

This was absolutely the best we could hope for, and a big coup for the Jets.  Bridgewater did us a huge favor by picking us (some say it was  Mac, but it was really Teddy who wanted to play here and chose us over several other suitors)

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Good value to get for Bridgewater, but I bet the Saints end up looking at this deal as a steal.

A win-win, I suppose.  I'd have kept Bridewater and even considered a franchise and trade next offseason.  But, it's hard to be mad about this.

I could have gone along with this in a different situation, but given the insurmountable evidence that Darnold has a high possibility to be the t!ts for us for a long time, I think the risk of franchising him would be high. If teams were wary of giving up a 3rd straight up for him now at only $5m, I'd figure teams would definitely not want to give up more than that and pay him the franchise tag or sign him to big money when he wouldn't have played in (by then) 3 years.

Either way, I do agree that if Teddy goes on and succeeds Brees and does a solid job (which is easy to see with Payton), this will be looked at in hindsight as a steal for the Saints. And I'm ok with it because it fit the Jets' purposes.

I feel like I called Bridgewater to the Saints but it’s also possible I hedged it by putting the Saints on a list next to another team like the Dolphins. I’m gonna pay myself on the back anyway. 

I’m happy with this but I still feel like we could’ve gotten more at a later date. Because buying a 3rd round pick for 1 million is cool but buying a second rounder for 6 million is cooler.

6 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

As long as Sam turns out to be better than Teddy, we win.

Well Mac vastly overpaid when he traded up from 6 to 3. The trade chart said it should have taken two 2nd rounders not three. Replaced a wasted 2nd rounder for a low third. Not to mention Mauldin, Ardarius, Devin Smith, and Hackenberg say Jets got jack **** with what Mac does with high draft picks that aren't a slam dunk obvious top pick. Wasn't this guy a scout and he drafts worse than Idzik?

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I feel like I called Bridgewater to the Saints but it’s also possible I hedged it by putting the Saints on a list next to another team like the Dolphins. I’m gonna pay myself on the back anyway. 

I’m happy with this but I still feel like we could’ve gotten more at a later date. Because buying a 3rd round pick for 1 million is cool but buying a second rounder for 6 million is cooler.

giphy.gif

Well Mac vastly overpaid when he traded up from 6 to 3. The trade chart said it should have taken two 2nd rounders not three. Replaced a wasted 2nd rounder for a low third. Not to mention Mauldin, Ardarius, Devin Smith, and Hackenberg say Jets got jack **** with what Mac does with high draft picks that aren't a slam dunk obvious top pick. Wasn't this guy a scout and he drafts worse than Idzik?
Only a jets fan can end up with the best qb prospect in years and complain about giving too much to get him

6 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I feel like I just read a SOJF template post.

Archived