Which On-The-Bubble Players From Other Teams Do You Want?

BroadwayRay

Three guys I have my eye on:

DE Nate Orchard (Browns) - I know he hasn't done much with the Browns, but he's still young and maybe he could develop his pass rush skills.

LB Hau'oli Kikaha (Saints)  - Another underperformer who has shown flashes of pass rush skill. Worth a shot.

K Matt McCrane (Cardinals) - I was watching this guy in an exhibition game and I liked what I saw. He was one of the most accurate kickers in NCAA history, but the knock on him was leg strength. He's made all his 50+ kicks in preseason though. Doubt Cardinals will keep him with Phil Dawson still active.

Still looking around for an offensive lineman let loose that the Jets could add for some depth.

Honestly, we should only be looking at the good players. If teams cut their bad players, we should not bring those guys in.

One persons bad is another persons gold, ask your ex ? my bad no dig, just saw an opportunity for a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thread...Posted these a few days ago:

Look over the Redskins roster. Since Jets practiced with them coaches, pro scouting dept had a chance for 3 days to get a good look at their roster. One name, and I know he’s been a washout so far but he was labeled a big time project coming out of college, is OT TJ Clemmings. Vikes drafted him but were forced to play him right away due to injuries. Predraft reports were high on him and thought he could develop into LT. athletic. 

Saints seem to be deep along OL. It’d be great if Mcc could pry Andrus Peat from them. He’s coming off a leg injury. But I see saints picked up his 5th yr option. So guessing he’s not available 

Packers may have some depth along OL. OL Byron Bell could be an option. 29 yrs old has experience along the OL. Jason Spriggs is listed as 2nd string RT. Doesn’t appear he has developed yet as hoped. I thought he was viewed as a LT coming out of college. 

Cincys OL looked good (hopefully Cordy Glenn isn’t injured otherwise this thought is pointless...It still may be). So looking at Cincys OL roster. Jake Fisher could be an option for Mcc to go after. I also see Justin Murray.  Below is a write up from 2016  when he was an UDFA and signed w/Denver:

Name: Justin Murray
Position: Offensive Tackle
Height: 6'5"  Weight: 304
College: Cincinnati

Offensive tackle Justin Murray is an undrafted free agent out of Cincinnati who logged a 9 foot 8 inch broad jump and ran a 4.93 40-yard dash at his pro day. He was projected to go in the later rounds of the NFL Draft, but ended up going undrafted. The Denver Broncos wasted no time signing him to their 90-man roster.

The good

Murray is athletic enough to fit well in the Gary Kubiak zone blocking scheme. He wasn’t super nasty in the run game in college, so playing the more technique-drive zone scheme might be a better fit for him at the pro level.

The bad

According to Pro Football Focus, Murray looks the part in pass protection. However, he can get overpowered at times and offered little in the run game. That as a traditional offensive tackle. He may project better as a guard in the NFL. 

Ravens seem to have some depth...Doubt Judon is available..On May 5, 2016, the Baltimore Ravens signed Judon to a four-year, $2.59 million contract with a signing bonus of $255,736.

OLB Matt Judon, Ravens (25)

Judon will turn 26 before the season begins, but let’s not let a mere technicality keep him off this list. The Ravens’ underrated outside linebacker racked up eight sacks, two forced fumbles, and three pass deflections last year, totaling 17 tackles for a loss—tied for fourth most league-wide. Even on plays where he wasn’t credited with a stat, he made his presence felt

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/7/3/17529820/superstar-pass-rushers-danielle-hunter-joey-bosa-jadeveon-clowney

In a contract year, Za’Darius Smith could shine for the Ravens

Selected by the Baltimore Ravens in the fourth round (122nd overall) of the 2015 NFL draft, Za’Darius Smith now enters the fourth and final year of his rookie contract. In his three years in the NFL with the Ravens, Smith has accumulated only 10 sacks. It is worth noting, over half of them came in his rookie year (5.5).

In his sophomore year, Smith severely disappointed, finishing the season with only one sack. This was partly due to the return of Suggs and the emergence of rookie Matthew Judon. Smith was on the roster bubble entering the 2017 season, as the Ravens selected two more linebackers in the draft, Tyus Bowser and Tim Williams, in hopes of improving the pass rush.

Smith made the team, and contributed more than any non-starting outside linebacker with 3.5 sacks, 24 total tackles, and a forced fumble. He played a key role in the teams overall sack total (41) by consistently pressuring the quarterback and engaging blocks to allow other players such as Judon or Suggs to close in and make the sack.  

Bronson Kaufusi was a 2016 3rd round pick DE/OLB type but hasn't done much. Might not make Ravens 53

On June 14, 2016, the Baltimore Ravens signed Kaufusi to a four-year, $3.45 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $845,016. On August 30, 2016, he was placed on injured/reserve after breaking his ankle in training camp. He missed the entire 2016 season.

Head coach John Harbaugh named Kaufusi the backup left defensive end to Brent Urban to begin the regular season

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/bronson-kaufusi?id=2555244

Keep reading GB rumored to be after Mack and/or Fowler. But anyway. They seem to have a few young bubble OLBs. Gilbert is intriguing although it sounds like he's been turning heads...

KENDALL DONNERSON

Round 7 ‧ Pick 30

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kendall-donnerson?id=32462018-0002-5610-94da-580cb3a4453e

Kyler Fackrell - '16 3rd rounder pick..

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/kyler-fackrell?id=2555340

Vince Biegel - '17 4th Rounder

While fellow outside linebacker Reggie Gilbert has accumulated 3.5 sacks and been among the most talked-about players of camp, Biegel has done little to draw attention to himself.

His special-teams work and potential on defense are why Biegel probably isn’t in danger of being released this weekend. While he said Tuesday he’s “very confident” in his status, he also admitted “all the players in this locker room, when it’s the cutdown to the 53-man roster, I think every player is going to be a little nervous.”

Packers coach Mike McCarthy was pleased with Biegel’s production against the Raiders, calling his and Gilbert’s performances “definitely a bright spot” on an otherwise disappointing night.

“He was productive,” McCarthy said. “Our defense clearly played better than our offense overall, but I thought Vince did some really good things.”

McCarthy said the Packers would like to carry at least six outside linebackers on the 53-man roster, though that’s subject to change based on other positions of strength and whether other players merit roster spots over some of the backup linebackers. Biegel appears to be fourth or fifth on the depth chart behind Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Gilbert and perhaps Kyler Fackrell.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/amid-quiet-camp-packers-vince-biegel-keeps-trusting-the-process/article_06c74d50-5127-5fdb-a65f-9e26d74f7fdf.html

Reggie Gilbert

Originally signed by Green Bay as an undrafted free agent on May 6, 2016…Was on the Packers’ practice squad for his entire rookie season in 2016 and the first 15 weeks of the 2017 season before being elevated to the active roster on Dec. 22…Played in two games last season and registered three tackles (two solo), a sack, five quarterback pressures and three QB hits…Was tied with LB Kyler Fackrell for the most QB pressures on the team (five) over the final two games…Made his NFL debut vs. Minnesota (Dec. 23) and recorded a team-high four QB pressures and a team-best three QB hits…

Chris Odom

Height: 6-4

Weight: 262 lb

Once the players report for training camp later this month, Odom expects good competition for playing time with Vince Biegel, Kyler Fackrell, rookie Kendall Donnerson and Reggie Gilbert, who also is a converted 4-3 defensive end.

All four returning veterans had the opportunity to get familiar with Pettine’s defense this spring with Matthews (knee) and Perry (ankle) sitting out of offseason practices.

“I know Pettine’s defense is kind of a mix of both (4-3 and 3-4),” Odom said. “I had to use terminology of also being a 4-3 defensive end with terminology of an outside linebacker since it’s kind of that hybrid type. I just had to have an open mind, so I could understand it and relate it to the defenses I just learned.”

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Read an article said chance warmack was on the bubble loved him coming out of college the guy was an absolute monster. I know he has been on a few rosters now but we need both players and depth on every part of our ol I would at least give a call if he is a fa

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Maybe we should....take a “chance”?.......i know I suck 

21 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Read an article said chance warmack was on the bubble loved him coming out of college the guy was an absolute monster. I know he has been on a few rosters now but we need both players and depth on every part of our ol I would at least give a call if he is a fa

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Would he fit a ZBS? 

I came looking to start this thread. nice work boys.

Here's who i've got my eyes on:

RB: (don't think we're settled with Crowell/Powell/Cannon)

• Jeff Wilson (SF) UDFA from N. Texas... much love
  • Kapri Bibbs (WSH)... underrated COP back
  • Mike Gillislee

OLINE:

• Jylan Ware (OT) w/ Oak... worth a look
  • Chance Warmack (OG)

DLINE: 

• Kony Ealy
  • Bronson Kaufusi

I think is possible that Greg Senat gets cut by Baltimore simply because they have a glut of offensive lineman.  He is a former basketball player, played 2 years of lower level college football, but projects as a possible LT.  I can see how he could be worse then Qvale.

Im also interested to see how Dozier graded out last night.  He played LT and could (I guess) be an option to backup that spot?  Here is what Draft Insider had in their initial report on him:

Dozier is an athletic prospect who would be a good fit in a zone-blocking scheme or one which puts him in motion. He needs to improve his overall playing strength but is a small-school player with starting potential in the NFL."m:

5 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I think is possible that Greg Senat gets cut by Baltimore simply because they have a glut of offensive lineman.  He is a former basketball player, played 2 years of lower level college football, but projects as a possible LT.  I can see how he could be worse then Qvale.

Im also interested to see how Dozier graded out last night.  He played LT and could (I guess) be an option to backup that spot?  Here is what Draft Insider had in their initial report on him:

Dozier is an athletic prospect who would be a good fit in a zone-blocking scheme or one which puts him in motion. He needs to improve his overall playing strength but is a small-school player with starting potential in the NFL."m:

Bowles will hate Senat, didn’t he just get in trouble for tweeting out a picture of himself in a walking boot?  Pretty sure the Ravens are going to fine him or something.  He seems safe to make their roster though. 

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Bowles will hate Senat, didn’t he just get in trouble for tweeting out a picture of himself in a walking boot?  Pretty sure the Ravens are going to fine him or something.  He seems safe to make their roster though. 

I didnt know that, just read it.  I get it, but seems like an honest mistake.  Either way it doesnt seem like he is going to shake loose.

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

I came looking to start this thread. nice work boys.

Here's who i've got my eyes on:

RB: (don't think we're settled with Crowell/Powell/Cannon)

• Jeff Wilson (SF) UDFA from N. Texas... much love
  • Kapri Bibbs (WSH)... underrated COP back
  • Mike Gillislee

OLINE:

• Jylan Ware (OT) w/ Oak... worth a look
  • Chance Warmack (OG)

DLINE: 

• Kony Ealy
  • Bronson Kaufusi

Good thought

Field Yates‏ @FieldYates 

A busy weekend of NFL moves is ahead. Remdiner: the waiver claim priority is the original 2018 draft order, a valuable tool to add some young talent. First six teams: 1. Browns 2. Giants 3. Colts 4. Texans 5. Broncos 6. Jets

19 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I'd consider Ameer Abdullah if McGuire is still hurt and they decide to put Cannon on the practice squad (which i don't think they should do). Could help in the return game.

NO. I've been watching this guy with the Lions and he has some ability but he is nothing special. He is not an upgrade over what we have.

20 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I'd consider Ameer Abdullah if McGuire is still hurt and they decide to put Cannon on the practice squad (which i don't think they should do). Could help in the return game.

Having followed him closely for FF reasons the past 2 years, I'd pass. Not a very decisive runner and a tweener. Neither fast, quick or powerful. Would rather keep West or Atkinson

Archived