Mack traded to Bears

JetsFanatic

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You would thjnk the bears would have learned their lesson that no player is worth 2 first round picks after the cutler deal years ago.

He’s well worth two draft picks. Would you not trade Darron Lee and Leonard Williams for Khalil Mack? 

I’m not sure if he’s worth 22MM a year + 2 first round picks though. Especially when you are the Bears and still need to put more talent around Trubisky. 

12 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Unless Mack can play 5 positions on the OLine at the same time, the move would have depleted any chance that we had of improving in a meaningful way for a couple years.

Also, many said the exact same thing about Cousins, and we’re all happy we didn’t spend that money.  Teams are getting smarter, there will continue to be big money stars available for big compensation.

Look at who Mac has drafted with his 1sts since he's been here. I'd trade all of them combined for Mack. 

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

Look at who Mac has drafted with his 1sts since he's been here. I'd trade all of them combined for Mack. 

I get that - but that also doesn’t win us a championship.  We need to draft better, starting with an edge rusher of our own, if not a LT, this year.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was hoping to wake up to “Khalil Mack traded to Jets” 

buuuuut,, they were asking way too much. I’m cool with missing out. 2 first rounders, a PLAYER and a huge record setting contract is just ridiculous.

I, too, would have liked to get a great football player for minimal compensation.

3 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

He’s well worth two draft picks. Would you not trade Darron Lee and Leonard Williams for Khalil Mack? 

I’m not sure if he’s worth 22MM a year + 2 first round picks though. Especially when you are the Bears and still need to put more talent around Trubisky. 

I agree, though I will say this,the Jets should invest some high draft picks to surround our young QB with offensive talent to give him the best chance to succeed. 

Wow, that’s a lot. This should be a laughable amount to surrender on paper.

If we use our next 2 first round picks on a guard and a TE (or another DE/DT/MLB), and trying again to sign Suh and meh WRs at $14m apiece, and extending Kearse at $10m per, many will come back to rethink their current elation. 

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I get that - but that also doesn’t win us a championship.  We need to draft better, starting with an edge rusher of our own, if not a LT, this year.

Vic Beasley was available but Mac decided to draft a guy at a position we were already two deep at. You're putting too much faith in the GM. We need to go out and get proven commodities because his eye for talent is shaky at best.

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

Vic Beasley was available but Mac decided to draft a guy at a position we were already two deep at. You're putting too much faith in the GM. We need to go out and get proven commodities because his eye for talent is shaky at best.

You don’t follow my posting history apparently.  I think Macc has been terrible.  But you don’t cover up bad with a different kind of bad and hope for good.

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

the Bears are going all in with a questionable QB at best...good luck to them...he made a lot more sense for a team like GB.

to give up 2 first and then make this guy (who will be 28 this season) the richest D player ever....? no

I'm seeing a lot of focus on Mack's age.  The facts suggest this isn't such a concern.

Reggie White had 16 sacks in his last season when he was 36 years old.  Bruce Smith had 9 sacks when he was 39 years old!  Kevin Greene had 15 sacks at age 36 and 12 sacks at age 37.  The list goes on.  Dominant pass rushers can still dominate into their mid-30s.  

7 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

Would you trade todd gurley and odell beckum for mack?

Hes not derrick thomas or lawrence taylor.  The guy had 10 sacks last year and 11 sacks 2 years ago.

Overrated and the raiders knew it.  Great deal for them.  And great the jets didnt get fleeced.

Impressive tone setter for the Raiders. It sort of drew a concrete line in the sand that they will not negotiate with holdouts, and in addition got apparently 2 additional firsts and a player. I think Gruden is right in that it is hard to justify QB money for a player even as good as Mack is that was still part of one of the worst defenses in football. Him coming here for anything close to that compensation and for the sallary he will demand would have been a regressive move by the Jets.

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Would you trade todd gurley and odell beckum for mack?

Hes not derrick thomas or lawrence taylor.  The guy had 10 sacks last year and 11 sacks 2 years ago.

Overrated and the raiders knew it.  Great deal for them.  And great the jets didnt get fleeced.

Woukd you trade Lee and Adams for Mack?  

Just now, Raideraholic said:

Wow J Gruden better hit on those draft picks because the Raiders fan base will turn on him real quick if this doesn't work out.    I expect the Raiders to sign CB B Breeland with the money they now have trading K Mack.

It’s fair value.  This is similar to when the Jets traded Keyshawn Johnson and got two first round picks one stud (Abe) and one bust (Becht)

15 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm seeing a lot of focus on Mack's age.  The facts suggest this isn't such a concern.

Reggie White had 16 sacks in his last season when he was 36 years old.  Bruce Smith had 9 sacks when he was 39 years old!  Kevin Greene had 15 sacks at age 36 and 12 sacks at age 37.  The list goes on.  Dominant pass rushers can still dominate into their mid-30s.  

Mack will be making more in his first year of his new contract than all of these guys career earnings. You've got a handful of guys that play until their mid to late 30's but most of these guys get paid and their drive to be great tends to level off. Not saying mack is or isn't that type of guy but when you have 100 + mill in your bank account, its hard to blame a guy for wanting to put his body through that abuse longer than they must. So yea, maybe his body can continue to play at a high level but what about his drive? 

16 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

It isn’t so much what he is worth, it’s that the jets need other things, and 2 firsts and that cash needs to be allocated toward building around our QB. If the O-like were solid or at least decent and we had our 2nd next year, then ok maybe we talk Mack, but we have neither of those. 

Just now, joebabyny said:

It isn’t so much what he is worth, it’s that the jets need other things, and 2 firsts and that cash needs to be allocated toward building around our QB. If the O-like were solid or at least decent and we had our 2nd next year, then ok maybe we talk Mack, but we have neither of those. 

Yeah it’s not like we didn’t have cap room to sign free agents to plug those holes

1 minute ago, joebabyny said:

We just signed a 20 year old phenom QB, and you want to just keep plugging in mediocre and retread olinemen around him?

There are always good free agent offensive linemen available in FA keep talking out yer ass

Pass rushers never hit the free agent market

Archived