That game last night was downright AWFUL

ASH1962

Between the rain delay, the disgusting National Anthem that nobody could hear sung by Girls to Boys or whoever the ***k they are, that dope Collinsd*ck saying RPO every 5 seconds, I fell asleep by the end of the first half. We were re acquainted with regular season NFL football - stoppage after stoppage, flag after flag, delay after delay, FG bonanza, and just plain boring crummy football.

I hope the rest of the season gets better because IMHO, it could not get any worse than that sludge fest last night

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All true, but we did have a Philly Special.  One glorious moment of schoolyard football amidst the sea of uninspiring play. 

For a while there it looked like neither team really wanted to score or play defense.  How many second chances did Philly's D give the Falcons and yet the Falcons still couldn't score.  Matt Ryan looked very pedestrian.  Thank god I didn't draft him.

Between the rain delay, the disgusting National Anthem that nobody could hear sung by Girls to Boys or whoever the ***k they are, that dope Collinsd*ck saying RPO every 5 seconds, I fell asleep by the end of the first half. We were re acquainted with regular season NFL football - stoppage after stoppage, flag after flag, delay after delay, FG bonanza, and just plain boring crummy football.
I hope the rest of the season gets better because IMHO, it could not get any worse than that sludge fest last night

Someone call the wahhhhhhbulance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

But you're still watching every minute of it. 

I didn't watch one minute of it. I will watch the Jets if they are interesting, but I won't watch one other minute of NFL football outside of the Jets. Only way to change things are if enough people start tuning out. I used to watch every minute of every NFL game I could, Monday, Thursday, 1 and 4 Sunday, Sunday night, everything. Those days are long gone for me. 

Just now, NoBowles said:

I didn't watch one minute of it. I will watch the Jets if they are interesting, but I won't watch one other minute of NFL football outside of the Jets. Only way to change things are if enough people start tuning out. I used to watch every minute of every NFL game I could, Monday, Thursday, 1 and 4 Sunday, Sunday night, everything. Those days are long gone for me. 

Sound like a casual fan. 

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

does it count if thge toob is on be he's asleep?

anyway... starters not playing during p-season makes for crappy early seson football...  

I think this is a huge part of the issue.  Starters get so few game reps in the preseason that they are not ready to go.  Takes a couple of weeks to work the rust out.

It was brutal, and the trend of an inferior product continues for the NFL.

With mini/training camps being constrated by the CBA years ago, the pre season is now designed for guys to avoid injury.

This has resulted in the first of the regular season being like a pre season; a time for guys to get in shape, rhythm, and work off the rust.

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

But then you're missing out on all the games with No Bowles

46 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Agreed, the game was atrocious, went to bed at the start of the 4th quarter. Sloppy, ugly game with a gazillion penalties. Borderline unwatchable.

Same here, end of 3rd Quarter....click...sleep.

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Mark my words, Jets and Darnold are ripe for  success. It will be just about when nobody gives a **** anymore.

Darnold is the one saving grace for me with the NFL.  We've waited so long.  

But if the Jets were rolling with McCown and it was Sunday, I'd probably do something other than watch the game.

Archived