Can we talk about Thursday now?

k-met57

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Short week lets see what this team is made of hopefully they come out Thursday night and kick the Browns asses. 

Right.   It's a tough deal to have 3 games in 11 days no matter how you slice it, but it will be interesting to see how this team responds to the tough loss to Miami on the shortest week of them all. 

We looked sloppy and missed a bunch of opportunities coming off the huge win. let's see how they come out after the loss. 

NFL Matchup on ESPN @NFLMatchup 

Through 2 weeks, worst rated QB vs Blitz. According to passer rating.

5th worst Tyrod Taylor..Garappolo rated worst..Watson 4th worst. No mention of Darnold

These are the best (and worst) defenses vs the PASS through the first 2 weeks!

Jets 3rd best..Miami 1 & Rams 2...

Lions 3rd worst

The Browns just stood toe to toe with two of the best teams in the NFL and should have won those games.  Because of that they should beat the Jets but that that is why they will lose. This is what football does to loser teams like the Browns and Jets.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

NFL Matchup on ESPN @NFLMatchup 

Through 2 weeks, worst rated QB vs Blitz. According to passer rating.

5th worst Tyrod Taylor..Garappolo rated worst..Watson 4th worst. No mention of Darnold

These are the best (and worst) defenses vs the PASS through the first 2 weeks!

Jets 3rd best..Miami 1 & Rams 2...

Lions 3rd worst

All those INTs week 1 are gonna skew the stats for a while. But we were pretty decent, even yesterday. Tannehill is a disaster and let good coverage turn ito sack like 3 times at least and then just panicked and coughed up the ball in the 2nd half.

but i digress...  watching the every play highlights of browns/saints... 1st half

brees missed a wide open TE on 1st and goal playaction. ( they end up with a short FG) -4

brees underthrows a wide open WR ( Ginn?) 3-4 yds behind DBs   -7

saints miss a 44yd FG

saints WRs fumble x2, both recovered by Cleve. nuthn special about the tackles... a sorta soft 2 FF.

14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

All those INTs week 1 are gonna skew the stats for a while. But we were pretty decent, even yesterday. Tannehill is a disaster and let good coverage turn ito sack like 3 times at least and then just panicked and coughed up the ball in the 2nd half.

but i digress...  watching the every play highlights of browns/saints... 1st half

brees missed a wide open TE on 1st and goal playaction. ( they end up with a short FG) -4

brees underthrows a wide open WR ( Ginn?) 3-4 yds behind DBs   -7

saints miss a 44yd FG

saints WRs fumble x2, both recovered by Cleve. nuthn special about the tackles... a sorta soft 2 FF.

2nd half..

Browns get TD via PI on the LB covering a Rb on a wheel route with his back to the play. fair call.

#65 on Browns gets 2 sacks via mad hustle and going low, Brees held on a little long but you cant feel the pressure, i think, when the guy is crabbing along the ground.

Missed Browns FG

Both teams Dl wins consistently on between teh tackle runs til the 4th Q when Kamara busts 2 10+

Taylor with a crushing INT on 2nd and 4 from own 29...  up 12-10 with 5:11 to go

Taylor with a crazygood 60 yd thru the air into the EZ TD on 4th and 5   from own 47...  missed PAT

Weird sequence at the end with Saints having the ball @ Browns 26, 2nd 11 and they throw twice while the Browns have only 1 TO.

Brees slightly overthrows Ginn who has a step, but Garret was pushingh the T into his lap.

And Brees misses on a skinny post throw we seen him make a thousand time on 3rd and 11...  Cleve keeps TO, Saints get FG

with 24 secs remaining.    

Browns throw middle for 25 yards to Landry while Saints rush 3. they use their TO.

Browns to callaway who gets OOB @ the 32.    missed FG.

Assessment. Saints, the better team , played a pretty sloppy game missed 2 TDs had 2 fumbles in teh 1st half, came alive and then did sh*te clock management to let browns have a chance...

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

this game was a Loss when they released the schedule. 

Crazy as that sounds, perfect for Thursday night early season game from a TV/business perspective.See the winless team win, and the new great QB! If this was in December nobody cares about a game between 2 3 win teams. 

15 hours ago, j4jets said:

He didn’t get the boot at 0-16, I doubt he gets a boot at 0-2-1. It’s the Browns. Even moral victories can save your jobs. 

We could be competing in the offseason with the Browns and Bills for a new HC that has an opportunity to come in and develop a new, young QB.

18 hours ago, The Crusher said:

They didn’t win a game last year. They haven’t won one this year. That is some special high level inept sh*t  that over rides head to head record. 

All of those early draft picks seem to be picking it up, though.  I know they are the Browns, but I think they might be on the cusp after their performances so far.  The Jets are not on the same level as the teams the Browns have played this season.  Most of us thought Miami was a gimmie.  Big mistake to take the Browns lightly, especially if the Jets repeat Sunday's effort.

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

All of those early draft picks seem to be picking it up, though.  I know they are the Browns, but I think they might be on the cusp after their performances so far.  The Jets are not on the same level as the teams the Browns have played this season.  Most of us thought Miami was a gimmie.  Big mistake to take the Browns lightly, especially if the Jets repeat Sunday's effort.

Im not saying we should take them lightly, we shouldn't take anyone lightly. I was simply defending my statement they have a losing culture, I agree they have a better roster then us and they will probably beat us. none of that matters, they are still a team that lost 16 games last year and two this year.

Mary Kay Cabot‏ @MaryKayCabot 

#Browns #Jets injury report for Thursday’s game. Ogbah will be out. Randall, Kirksey and DeValve didn’t practice today

#Browns Jackson acknowledged the magnitude of the #Jets game Thursday at FirstEnergy Stadium: "We don't want to disappoint anybody.''

Browns Hue Jackson on #Jets Sam Darnold and the decision at No. 1: "I think they got a good one, but we feel we got a good one too.''

14 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Mary Kay Cabot‏ @MaryKayCabot 

#Browns #Jets injury report for Thursday’s game. Ogbah will be out. Randall, Kirksey and DeValve didn’t practice today

#Browns Jackson acknowledged the magnitude of the #Jets game Thursday at FirstEnergy Stadium: "We don't want to disappoint anybody.''

Browns Hue Jackson on #Jets Sam Darnold and the decision at No. 1: "I think they got a good one, but we feel we got a good one too.''

Ogbah is a very good player and the Browns dumped Nassib and Nate Orchard in the preseason. Randall and Kirksey would also be huge losses.

This is the type of situation that Bowles NEVER takes advantage of.  We need to make sure that Garret is double teamed as much as possible and attack whatever backups are in the game for Cleveland on defense.  

4 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Ogbah is a very good player and the Browns dumped Nassib and Nate Orchard in the preseason. Randall and Kirksey would also be huge losses.

This is the type of situation that Bowles NEVER takes advantage of.  We need to make sure that Garret is double teamed as much as possible and attack whatever backups are in the game for Cleveland on defense.  

I fully expect Tomlinson being the only blocker for Garrett like we saw with Quinn last week. 

On 9/16/2018 at 7:23 PM, Ken Shroy said:

Browns have a good DL, but I think Fins DL was better. Sam will be better, more experience after this game. I think we win it.

IF Ogbah was healthy I'd give the nod to the Browns. Quinn is the monster for the Fins, Wake at this point is pretty one dimensional . I feel the Jets needed to take better advantage of their aggressive upfield rush. I didn't remember one screen pass from Sunday. 

For the Browns , I feel their LBers are just mediocre , so the TE's need to produce certainly much more than on Sunday . I'd also like to see a few more passes to Powell and Crowell on wheel routes or seams. 

Archived