Amazon Thursday Night Football Announcing Team

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Regardless of the announcers, who is actually watching TNF on Amazon Prime? I'm sure there's a set of people who don't or can't get NFL Network who will use this, but I can't imagine it's a huge number? I could be very wrong about that, just a guess.

That's a good question... I didn't think Amazon Prime's numbers were larger enough to host this kind of thing.

Then again maybe that's the point. Maybe this is a viewer-push... Hoping NFl fans sign up by the truckload so they don't miss games in the future? Eh, seems like a risky plan for Amazon... I think most people would rather listen to it on the radio, go to a bar, or just follow online rather than sign up for a whole new service. 

People are acting as if they are being forced to listen to Kramer/Storm. They are not:

Amazon said viewers will have the option of listening to four separate broadcast teams while watching NFL games on Prime. Since the live streams are simulcasts of Fox’s television broadcast, customers can also choose to listen to Fox announcers Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, a Spanish language broadcast or a United Kingdom broadcast.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The same people who accuse everyone of getting outraged over everything, will predictably be uppity over this.

3 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

the bending over backwards to "please everybody" in this world is really getting old

0560d708-18bd-4a0f-9c6e-c41cb7a8be75_1.f

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

People are acting as if they are being forced to listen to Kramer/Storm. They are not:

Amazon said viewers will have the option of listening to four separate broadcast teams while watching NFL games on Prime. Since the live streams are simulcasts of Fox’s television broadcast, customers can also choose to listen to Fox announcers Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, a Spanish language broadcast or a United Kingdom broadcast.

I wish there were a “no announcers / stadium sounds only” option on all sports telecasts.  

I can't stand women's voices doing NFL play by play & I can't stand the sideline interviews. Not that their any worse or better than some guys that do it that I can't stand but I'm old school & Madden, Micheals, Summerall, that's the way I want to hear a game. 

Its not sexist, it's just my preference. Some people don't like Romo, but I think he's great! It's like he's sitting next to me and yapping football. And he's critical when it's totally warranted, I don't want ball lickers like Jim Nance. 

58 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I'm not sure I've ever heard either of them do a broadcast/play by play... Are they any good at it? Entertaining? Informative?  Pretty much the only things that matter... 

Yes & no. While undoubtedly there will not be as many listeners on this Prime stream, I would like to see former players or coaches get the opportunity. No disrespect to these two, but I find Romo great at what he does & I do think if former players are given a chance they can definitely do a more riveting broadcast. 

42 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Regardless of the announcers, who is actually watching TNF on Amazon Prime? I'm sure there's a set of people who don't or can't get NFL Network who will use this, but I can't imagine it's a huge number? I could be very wrong about that, just a guess.

I would tend to agree.

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I can't stand women's voices doing NFL play by play & I can't stand the sideline interviews. Not that their any worse or better than some guys that do it that I can't stand but I'm old school & Madden, Micheals, Summerall, that's the way I want to hear a game. 

Its not sexist, it's just my preference. Some people don't like Romo, but I think he's great! It's like he's sitting next to me and yapping football. And he's critical when it's totally warranted, I don't want ball lickers like Jim Nance. 

:: Jerry Seinfeld voice ::    It is!

This thread is not delivering.

On an unrelated note, I'm genuinely very interested in the UK feed. The one thing that national broadcasts are missing is the excitement you see from local broadcasts/broadcasts from other sports in other countries. I understand why it's like that, but doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

Dont care if they're women. I guess the color analyst part is where I have questions. Being in the actual game as a player or coach in the past seems like a prerequisite, I dont know maybe not. Jessica Mendoza I think is overrated as all hell and she played softball. She has major Gruden-itis IMO. Yet, I actually like Suzyn Waldman and most cant stand her, so what do I know? 

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

:: Jerry Seinfeld voice ::    It is!

Why is that sexist? 

If I was listening to a book on tape, it matters who is telling the tale. A football game is a story that unfolds, I don't like the sound of a womens voice for this particular sport. That is all. I'm sure woman would not be too fond of Madden doing a romance novel on tape! BAM! that's how he entered her.

Hannah Storm is definitely qualified to do play by play... she’s also still a babe... a qualified babe... who has done great work in sports... while being a babe... not that being a babe is worth more than her talent as a sports reporter... you get it... it’s not just a physical thing... you know... you get it 

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Seems like a good idea

Why are you guys discussing politics? 

It's just giving consumers choices 

Archived