Anyone else slightly aggravated at the whining regarding the last score?

ASH1962

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jaguars-went-td-two-points-end-runaway-victory-angering-jets-225154447.html

#92 and other Jet players feelings were apparently hurt yesterday because the Jags and Doug Marone  "ran up the score" and went for 2 at the end of the game and have expressed their disapproval as such.  LMFAO, I mean really. Leonard got his sack for the season, so I guess he is now the ringleader of team crybaby? Are they F*****G kidding me? They sound like over paid over coddled whiny little babies. Seeing the team I BLEED FOR whining like little Bit***s after getting their collective a$$es beaten to an absolute pulp by a JAG QB is so infuriating. Blake Bortles 388 yards passing. 503 total yards given up to a team that scored 6 points the prior week. Never in recent memory have I seen WR's open all over the state of Florida as I did yesterday. Good thing our HC is a defensive genius!

How about you go out on the field, show some pride, AND STOP SOMEONE FOR GODS SAKES instead of crying like babies! 

Anyone want to know how to take an embarrassment of a game and make it 10 times worse? Well here it is. Instead of saying, "they beat us fair and square and we'll get them next time, they have to complain and in typical Jet fashion, talk the talk without ever walking the walk by saying "we won't forget this". LOL, dumba$$es, you won't see the Jags for the foreseeable future as you will seemingly never make the playoffs, so by the time you do see them again, 99% of the team will have turned over and most of these stiffs will be out of the NFL.

Hey Jets,  you have not only embarrassed yourselves beyond belief, but you have embarrassed every single Jet fan that has watched this team fail year in and year out for the last 50. I thought going into this season there was hope but week after week I am learning that I was wrong. And PLEASE STOP BLAMING THE 21 year old rookie QB who probably does not even know what hit him with this organization. This team is so broken, it has nothing at all to do with Sam, he will be just fine if he is not ruined like every other QB we have ever drafted.

In the same way I am not bothered by the failed 1 additional point than extra point attempt, I am not bothered by people trying to hang their hat on that one as an issue.

It’s just fodder. I see it as the jags wanted to practice something. Seems kind they may need the practice on it cuz it didn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

38 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It’s just fodder. I see it as the jags wanted to practice something. Seems kind they may need the practice on it cuz it didn’t work.

Yep.  Rather than be pissed at a team for not being "classy", we should be a lot more concerned that we're so bad, opposing coaches treat games with us like we're a preseason opponent.  When the entire 2nd half is garbage time for the opponent, its long overdue to look in the mirror. 

7 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

yeah but why whine about it in the media? that is so embarassing

THIS IS EMBARRASSING:

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

What the Jets did in Jacksonville was rare — and not in a good way. It marked the first time since 2004 they lost a game with a turnover margin of +3 of better. They had won their last 25 such games. The 19-point loss was the largest margin of defeat by a team with a +3 or better since the 2007 Dolphins (+4) lost to the Patriots by 21. The Jets became only the fifth team since the 1970 merger to lose by at least 19 with a +3. (Courtesy: ESPN Stats & Info).

I respect Marrone as a coach even more because of it. He had an opportunity to have his team practice real time in real game situations with no direct impact on a game, and he took it. Additionally, when they get to the playoffs and opposing teams are looking at season composites of stats to try to determine trends, these will serve as trend breakers.

That it came at the expense of the Jets? Well, that's on the Jets. Don't like it, do something about it.

I have no problem with what Jax did. Maybe opponents will respect the Jets more when they actually earn some. They are so painful to watch now, I am regretting my purchase of the NFL Replay package because there's nothing to look for, really, and I don't see this improving this year. 

Says a lot when I am looking forward to watching the equally cursed Knicks - in preseason. Rooting since 1970 for such a sad collection of teams - Jets, Mets, Knicks, Rangers - there's no wonder as to why I drink.

It's much worse when a bunch of guys that haven't proved sh*t & cant stop the same play, over & over & over again gave themselves a nickname.

NEW JACK CITY! LMAO!

NEW JACKAZZ CITY is more appropriate. Nicknames are EARNED and this group hasn't earned sh*t.

There is no crying about it (I am not saying people aren't crying about, I am saying it just isn't the kind of thing you can cry about). Stop them and it is a non-issue.

That said, it is classless and it puts your team in a bad spot. Bortles was very uncomfortable in the presser when he was asked about it (hey I just work here). I feel that stuff comes back to bite you more times than not.

We yell at the players when they are classless (Crowell). We should expect the same from the coaches. That said it is what it is, and it really doesn't matter to the Jets at all. 

I don't have a huge problem with the quotes. 

“That’s just what they felt that they wanted to do. Whether it was a statement or not, we’ll never know. But we won’t forget.”  - Jordan Jenkins

“I think it’s really disrespectful … but at the same time, I think it’s up to us to gain that respect from other teams and if teams are disrespecting us, it must say something about us. That’s how I took it. i took it really personal and I didn’t like it at all.” - Leonard Williams

Yes, Williams said he didn't like it, but I took it to me that he didn't like that the Jets didn't gain/deserve respect.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

There is no crying about it (I am not saying people aren't crying about, I am saying it just isn't the kind of thing you can cry about). Stop them and it is a non-issue.

That said, it is classless and it puts your team in a bad spot. Bortles was very uncomfortable in the presser when he was asked about it (hey I just work here). I feel that stuff comes back to bite you more times than not.

We yell at the players when they are classless (Crowell). We should expect the same from the coaches. That said it is what it is, and it really doesn't matter to the Jets at all. 

Maybe it is. Technically the chart does say go for it, though in reality everyone knows there are almost better odds of you running a 5k race. 

Even if it is, if the Jets/Bills/Marrone story was we tampered, and leaked to him that if he quit up in Buffalo we’d hire him guaranteed, only to go back on their word and leave him looking like...well he looked like a cross between an ass and a fool when we turned him down for Bowles. He potentially ruined his career, and lost millions by forfeiting guaranteed money from Buffalo by quitting. I can see anyone wanting some payback, even if it is a little petty. He’s human. 

Regardless, the only ones who should have anything to say about it are the fans (and maybe the media since this is the kind of stuff they like to make hay over). The players and coaches should just keep quiet on it, unless they’re taking Enunwa’s attitude. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

the defense stunk it up.  they deserve to be embarrassed.  they did it to themselves. 

Wish we had a team with an offense which would just non-stop slam our opponents no matter the score.  You can't stop us?  Eff you, we're going to score.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

yeah but why whine about it in the media? that is so embarassing

totally agree.  they really need to stay off of twitter or other social media and stop making excuses to the media.  the score pretty much tells the story of the game.

11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Wish we had a team with an offense which would just non-stop slam our opponents no matter the score.  You can't stop us?  Eff you, we're going to score.

well yes. the offense didn't do the team any favors either.  i'll give them some slack simply because of the rookie qb and the so-so oline.

Marrone quit the Bills job by every account believing very credibly he had the Jets job lined up.

That did not happen. And it didn't happen because our weak-kneed ballless wonder of an owner decided to listen to some moron sportswriter  mewl like a little bitch about how Marrone was mean to him.

You reap what you sow. Marrone is well within his rights to take it to the Jets every chance he gets. 

Yep.  Rather than be pissed at a team for not being "classy", we should be a lot more concerned that we're so bad, opposing coaches treat games with us like we're a preseason opponent.  When the entire 2nd half is garbage time for the opponent, its long overdue to look in the mirror. 

I couldn’t have said it better. That really is a painful way to look at it. That preseason opponent comment cuts deep man.

I don't have a huge problem with the quotes. 
“That’s just what they felt that they wanted to do. Whether it was a statement or not, we’ll never know. But we won’t forget.”  - Jordan Jenkins
“I think it’s really disrespectful … but at the same time, I think it’s up to us to gain that respect from other teams and if teams are disrespecting us, it must say something about us. That’s how I took it. i took it really personal and I didn’t like it at all.” - Leonard Williams
Yes, Williams said he didn't like it, but I took it to me that he didn't like that the Jets didn't gain/deserve respect.

Leo has the right perspective imo. They don’t have to like it but it’s our own fault for being in that situation and we have some things to look at.

That’s like the third or fourth thing leo has ever done that I applaud

17 hours ago, Bungaman said:

I have no problem with what Jax did. Maybe opponents will respect the Jets more when they actually earn some. They are so painful to watch now, I am regretting my purchase of the NFL Replay package because there's nothing to look for, really, and I don't see this improving this year. 

Says a lot when I am looking forward to watching the equally cursed Knicks - in preseason. Rooting since 1970 for such a sad collection of teams - Jets, Mets, Knicks, Rangers - there's no wonder as to why I drink.

I root for the same 4 teams.  It is painful. 

19 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jaguars-went-td-two-points-end-runaway-victory-angering-jets-225154447.html

#92 and other Jet players feelings were apparently hurt yesterday because the Jags and Doug Marone  "ran up the score" and went for 2 at the end of the game and have expressed their disapproval as such.  LMFAO, I mean really. Leonard got his sack for the season, so I guess he is now the ringleader of team crybaby? Are they F*****G kidding me? They sound like over paid over coddled whiny little babies. Seeing the team I BLEED FOR whining like little Bit***s after getting their collective a$$es beaten to an absolute pulp by a JAG QB is so infuriating. Blake Bortles 388 yards passing. 503 total yards given up to a team that scored 6 points the prior week. Never in recent memory have I seen WR's open all over the state of Florida as I did yesterday. Good thing our HC is a defensive genius!

How about you go out on the field, show some pride, AND STOP SOMEONE FOR GODS SAKES instead of crying like babies! 

Anyone want to know how to take an embarrassment of a game and make it 10 times worse? Well here it is. Instead of saying, "they beat us fair and square and we'll get them next time, they have to complain and in typical Jet fashion, talk the talk without ever walking the walk by saying "we won't forget this". LOL, dumba$$es, you won't see the Jags for the foreseeable future as you will seemingly never make the playoffs, so by the time you do see them again, 99% of the team will have turned over and most of these stiffs will be out of the NFL.

Hey Jets,  you have not only embarrassed yourselves beyond belief, but you have embarrassed every single Jet fan that has watched this team fail year in and year out for the last 50. I thought going into this season there was hope but week after week I am learning that I was wrong. And PLEASE STOP BLAMING THE 21 year old rookie QB who probably does not even know what hit him with this organization. This team is so broken, it has nothing at all to do with Sam, he will be just fine if he is not ruined like every other QB we have ever drafted.

The Jags 2 point try is the least of our issues.  Quite frankly, the media is making a big deal about it, I don't think the Jets are.

Archived