Approach at the Trade Deadline...

NYallDay

If our record is below .500 at the trade deadline, would be willing to make trades for our expiring contracts to play off contenders? Powell (might have 1+ year not sure) but Kearse, etc? I know stripping Sam of weapons is not ideal, but to build draft capital and get our younger players more time. Just an idea, and only if we are below .500 if at or above, I wouldn't trade anyone, maybe trade for someone though...thoughts?

48 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

If our record is below .500 at the trade deadline, would be willing to make trades for our expiring contracts to play off contenders? Powell (might have 1+ year not sure) but Kearse, etc? I know stripping Sam of weapons is not ideal, but to build draft capital and get our younger players more time. Just an idea, and only if we are below .500 if at or above, I wouldn't trade anyone, maybe trade for someone though...thoughts?

Do not trade any WR's, not even Kearse. I swear that is what made Sanchez suck so bad. Every year he was throwing to new guys

58 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

I think at point we should be focused on drafting as low as possible next year while being sure to still actually missing the playoffs this year. I think we trade it all for Bell.

Jets need more UDFA’s. Robbie Anderson and Isaiah Crowell - 2 of the stars of Sunday were both UDFA’s. These guys have something to prove. I think the Jets kept a couple from this off-season also. Frankie Luvu comes to mind. Keep bringing in a ton of these guys please!

10 hours ago, NYallDay said:

No, I don't trade Powell, because this year is about Darnold's development.  

15 minutes ago, genot said:

Powell to the Eagles makes some sense. Especially if McGuire is set to return.

I was thinking the same thing! Powell would fit in nicely, is smart, good hands, and a veteran. He's perfect. A 4 would be nice.

9 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Do not trade any WR's, not even Kearse. I swear that is what made Sanchez suck so bad. Every year he was throwing to new guys

I get that, but if he can excel with Anderson and enunwa and TE's, then letting go of 1 of the war's who is 3rd behind the other two may not be too bad. But I completely understand, watching us get rid of Braylon and to a lesser extent Holmes, for plax and GATES lol rough times. 

10 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

It isnt baseball teams don't trade good draft picks for old men on one year rental deals

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

I would think basketball before baseball, but I get the point. Was only trying to maximize our draft assets if in fact, we are below .500 and we still keep enunwa and Anderson and resign them now rather than waiting.

39 minutes ago, varjet said:

Mac needs to start extending contracts.  

Kearse is a FA next year, as is Pryor.

See Marpet.  

Agree

A team with limited talent should focus on keeping and building around the few players who can help that team get above .500 next year, last minute contracts have not been good to the Jets 

unless there is a planned regime change

1 hour ago, varjet said:

See Marpet.  

No jets need to upgrade at slot.  Kearse is what he is a barely above average player who has had some very clutch moments in his career but is pretty much a JAG

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

No, I don't trade Powell, because this year is about Darnold's development.  

We aren’t getting anything for Powell and he and Crowell are an effective platoon for us

Why would the eagles want Powell Smallwood is the same player

1 hour ago, varjet said:

See Marpet.  

Has Mac ever extended a guy in mid season?  I can’t recall any.  

Besides,  Kearse and Pryor aren’t anywhere near the player Marpet is.  No sense extending them now.  

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Jets need more UDFA’s. Robbie Anderson and Isaiah Crowell - 2 of the stars of Sunday were both UDFA’s. These guys have something to prove. I think the Jets kept a couple from this off-season also. Frankie Luvu comes to mind. Keep bringing in a ton of these guys please!

Didn't they both have a ton of trouble in school?  Anderson struggled with academic eligibility and Crowell arrests and failing drug tests.  More please!

1 hour ago, NYallDay said:

I get that, but if he can excel with Anderson and enunwa and TE's, then letting go of 1 of the war's who is 3rd behind the other two may not be too bad. But I completely understand, watching us get rid of Braylon and to a lesser extent Holmes, for plax and GATES lol rough times. 

They didn't get rid of Braylon and Holmes.  They couldn't afford both.  Holmes turned out to be a punk and had the lis franc injury.  Edwards just flat sucked from when they let him walk.  They didn't get rid of anyone for Gates who was a waiver wire pick up.  The guy you are complaining about is Derrick Mason, and maybe to a lesser extent Chaz Schillens. 

To me the fool's gold player was David Nelson who was good on a bad team, but kind of a tweener TE/WR that didn't have the suddenness to truly succeed. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I was thinking the same thing! Powell would fit in nicely, is smart, good hands, and a veteran. He's perfect. A 4 would be nice.

Eagles already have a Bilal Powell type on the roster in Smallwood plus they like Corey Clement

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t see anyone available who would actually help us.  Lessen McCoy is hurt and not doing anything for us.  Maybe if Q’s  hand injury lingers we could trade a late round pick for Kelvin Benjamin but he won’t know our plays

Strong rumblings out there Eagles will bring him back to replace Ajai.

The Jets are not a team with a surplus of players they can afford to trade away for marginal picks. We talk about all the Jets' cap room next year all the time, but that's largely because they only currently have 30 players under contract for 2019. 

The only guys who aren't under contract here that might be worth something are Powell and Kearse, and how much are they really worth? A late pick? Jets are better off keeping them this year. Mac will make a few minor trade downs during the draft to acquire a few extra of those kinds of picks. 

Anyway, I'd listen to offers (without expecting much), but I wouldn't be shopping anyone. 

2 hours ago, Nixhead said:

It's actually one of the area's Macs has been pretty good at.  More so than in years past.  Snacks probably being the best in many years prior to this regime. We have found nice players, but Anderson's impact is most likely out reaching most if not all of our previous UDFA's.  Luvu really does have some nice potential too. Great motor on that fella. Seems like he might have a touch of the crazy too. that could be good AND bad though. 

Archived