CB Justin Burris signed to Browns

Gangrene

Let’s raid the Patriots practice squad about 2 weeks before we play them. Let’s sign 3 of their players. I’m sure we can find 3 players on our roster that we won’t be needing next season and won’t be resigning. The 3 players we get would probably be starting for them by next season so pluck them now. 

17 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Probably develop into a great corner now that he’s no longer a Jet

Very rarely does a Jet bust succeed elsewhere.  I'd almost prefer that a few guys did.  Then we could just chalk them up to poor coaching rather than an awful front office.  It's a far easier fix if its just the HC that is bad. 

19 minutes ago, varjet said:

He could end up being a good safety.  He was not going to be a cb for the Jets.  He is a cover 2 cb at best.  I actually think he ends up having some success.

Mac and Bowles are so toast. 

Beat me to it, I always thought he was misused, and his skills and build are best suited to Safety.

22 minutes ago, varjet said:

He could end up being a good safety.  He was not going to be a cb for the Jets.  He is a cover 2 cb at best.  I actually think he ends up having some success.

Mac and Bowles are so toast. 

Nah. He can’t tackle. A safety has to be able to tackle like J.A. or cover a tight end and I don’t think Burris can do either. But now he can prove me wrong. 

So, if I have this straight, on October 20, we released Terrelle Pryor -- supposedly due to injury -- to make room for Deontay Burnett.  One week later, 10/27, we release Burris and sign him to the practice squad.  Now, both guys are gone.

Not saying Pryor is a great WR, and there may have been other reasons for his relaease that we are not aware of.  But he is a guy who made some plays for this offense.  Still 3rd on this team in receiving yards behind Robby and Enunwa.  And we risked letting him go, with the intent of signing him back (if you can take the Jets at face value) so we could keep Juston Burris on the roster for what turned out to be 1 more week.  A week in which he never even got on the field (like most of his weeks as a Jet).

I still can't figure out why we didn't just release Burris in the first place to make room for Burnett.

Archived