Press Conference

section314

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

He seems much more comfortable in an interview with Jeane Coakley on SNY.

I agree - he was the same talking with Erik Coleman. In front of the media with all of the pomp he seemed either uncomfortable, nervous, over-excited or a combination of all of them. However, when he went one-on-one with people, he relaxed and that is where I saw his intelligence and passion for the game. This is a big step for he and his very young family so I hope for the best all around. 

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

What a mess....I didn’t mind Gase as much and can still maintain hope but Johnson and Mac have made me less confident in them than I was before the presser.

They said NOTHING and do not come across as intelligent or able to construct a plan. Mac didn’t even make a statement. Would have been a great time to and to sound confident in an effort to attract coaches/players. They hid him. 

I really hope Gase can surprise but I’m not thrilled with the hire and I’m disgusted with Johnson and Mac. More so now than before.

I can only hope that we didn’t hire other coaches because Gase was the clear cut best candidate but I find that really hard to believe and suspect the reports on meddling and worries about the front office may have hurt our chances. Tough to say and time will tell. 

The owner couldn’t articulate why Gase stood out among the candidates. More concerned about the overarching leadership than Gase tbh. I’m sure Gase has at least an idea on how to coach football.

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeah..... I'm hoping that it was some file corruption of the original digital image. Looks like he is a burn victim or stroke. Hoping for neither.

One of our All Time greats!!

at first I thought he had some kind of neck pain or other

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

What a mess....I didn’t mind Gase as much and can still maintain hope but Johnson and Mac have made me less confident in them than I was before the presser.

They said NOTHING and do not come across as intelligent or able to construct a plan. Mac didn’t even make a statement. Would have been a great time to and to sound confident in an effort to attract coaches/players. They hid him. 

I really hope Gase can surprise but I’m not thrilled with the hire and I’m disgusted with Johnson and Mac. More so now than before.

I can only hope that we didn’t hire other coaches because Gase was the clear cut best candidate but I find that really hard to believe and suspect the reports on meddling and worries about the front office may have hurt our chances. Tough to say and time will tell. 

Why would youbwant to hear from Mac? His job is over in terms of the staff search. It is The Adam Gase show now.

Ok, so lets just make believe this press conference never happened, and go from there. Just promise me that none of you guys with young kids let them watch Gase's post game pressers on SNY

EDIT As I read on in this thread, I see comments by some here who have children, or work with people who are autistic, and talk about Aspergers. I am incredibly ignorant on this subject, and just want to say I hope I haven't offended anyone with this, and any other flippant remarks I've made in this thread. Nobody reacted to them negatively, or has remarked badly about them, yet I feel uncomfortable with myself for making them. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Why would youbwant to hear from Mac? His job is over in terms of the staff search. It is The Adam Gase show now.

It’s his job. Trust me, I’d rather not hear anything from him but that’s not good for the team. He’s the GM whether I like it or not and he needs to step up.

This is supposed to be a new era for the Jets and we need to make a statement. I don’t know what the hell that was besides a snapshot of a dysfunctiona/awkward/mess of an organization. 

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The owner couldn’t articulate why Gase stood out among the candidates. More concerned about the overarching leadership than Gase tbh. I’m sure Gase has at least an idea on how to coach football.

Chris kept bringing up how exciting all of these coaches were in the interviews. He must have repeated it ten times.; almost like the experience of doing this was more exciting than the hire.

15 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

here is what I think:  MM and CJ talk about their vision for the team but I don't think they really had one.  They wanted to hear 6 or 8 visions and pick the one they liked best.  That is why Gase's interview went over. He gave them a vision of the future that they liked.

OK in all seriousness, Johnson did say something that was really positive when he said that Gase "coaches for the future". That is a very important thing for a team in today's NFL: and the core of why I hated McCarthy as a candidate.

Also- pretty obvious our new colors are Kelly Green, Blueish Grey, Black and likely blue. 

5 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

I just watched Gasey interview with Jeane Coakley, and he was very good. So I am hopeful again. LOL

Agreed.  I especially liked his answer when she asked him what he learned from his time with the Dolphins and how it would help him here . He smiled, took a second and said he learned a lot of things. Showing some humble pie, which is good.

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

ah . . . . Sling Blade, that's the one with Halle Berry, no? :P

I dont think so. I think Dwight Yoakam was in it.  Billy was Carl, a mental deficient (basically playing himself), Yoakam is a wife beater.  Billy carves him up at the end.

guy is going to die a slow  painful ny death coaching the jets

NY does not like a loser and that is what this guy is.

hey coach you ran a terrible offense in Miami-the players regressed and some even left town-guy is clueless-he rolled out a 300 year old frank gore over drake every week -he alienated all of his wrs and his qbs were hot garbage

yeah team you brought in a guy who ran a terrible offense to try and compete in an offense based league.

6 minutes ago, jack48 said:

here is what I think:  MM and CJ talk about their vision for the team but I don't think they really had one.  They wanted to hear 6 or 8 visions and pick the one they liked best.  That is why Gase's interview went over. He gave them a vision of the future that they liked.

I think you nailed it. 

Archived