Press Conference

section314

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GreenFish said:

Another key takeaway came from Chris Johnson on why he chose Gase. He said he is coaching to where football is going. This gives us a glimpse as to what type of team the Jets are trying to be. 

look no further than the 4 pairs of qbs/hcs playing next week to see where football is and is going.  the jets have a promising pair.

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Another key takeaway came from Chris Johnson on why he chose Gase. He said he is coaching to where football is going. This gives us a glimpse as to what type of team the Jets are trying to be. 

hopefully this means oregonesque unis too

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

look no further than the 4 pairs of qbs/hcs playing next week to see where football is and is going.  the jets have a promising pair.

Yeah the press conference other than confirming the Jets colors, was a nightmare except for that comment which gives me some hope. I also quite liked he did not shy away from the fact that working with a 2nd year QB is new. ESPN hammered him before the news conference on that point, but Gase owned it. I also liked that his focus is on a good coaching staff. Parcells is Parcells IMO primarily because of the assistants he hired. 

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yup. This press conference puts all the pressure on Macc to get players. You basically have the entire organization from CJ to Gase wanting a high powered offense. Gase also said he will only give advice on what players to get but will stay in his lane. Pressure is on Macc to step up.

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i've been saying rosen is a low end starter or career backup.  

it's nice to think we'll have a better defensive plan than those kacy put together.

Would love to see KK draft Murry #1 and move some of the talent down a few spots. It also set off panic league wide to those teams needing a QB

specifically Haskins! Someone will jump the Giants and maybe Raiders with Carr being on the bubble in Chucky's World!!

image.jpeg.3c9321adcf0e09043e303cbd2438b5c9.jpegimage.jpeg.3c9321adcf0e09043e303cbd2438b5c9.jpeg

5 minutes ago, BleedGreen92 said:

90 percent of the hate for this guy is rooted in the fact that he came from hated Miami 

that was last week. and it was closer to 25%. the other 70% was McCarthy and 5% Gase-out-of-left-field-and-we-are-already-cranky-and-impatient

this week, it’s his “affect”, which I don’t really think is fair game past the first 10 seconds you have seen him.

If he’s not on coke, then it’s not something he can control really. People should be aware of that.

1 minute ago, Vader said:

that was last week. and it was closer to 25%. the other 70% was McCarthy and 5% Gase-out-of-left-field-and-we-are-already-cranky-and-impatient

this week, it’s his “affect”, which I don’t really think is fair game past the first 10 seconds you have seen him.

If he’s not on coke, then it’s not something he can control really. People should be aware of that.

Maybe it's just Exophthalmos associated with Graves Disease. 

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Yup. This press conference puts all the pressure on Macc to get players. You basically have the entire organization from CJ to Gase wanting a high powered offense. Gase also said he will only give advice on what players to get but will stay in his lane. Pressure is on Macc to step up.

what it means is that there is no more drafting lumbering DL with top picks b/c that's how his board shakes out.  hopefully we've entered an era of positional-targeted drafting.  these rankings are so subjective anyway.  

34 minutes ago, Victor Green 21 said:

I don’t post on message boards very often .. I live In Newtown and my kids went to Sandy Hook elementary . For you to put up a picture of that scumbag is so inappropriate and thoughtless . Please take a second to think next time 

thank you 

I DID NOT AND NEVER WOULD PUT THAT PICTURE UP.

39 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Wow! Oakland A's met with him to upgrade that $6 mil. deal they gave him last year. Were going to agree to bring him to the Big Show by 2021.

If the kid doesn't get drafted until Rd. 2..... it probably won't pay. AND he has to give back the $6 mil IIRC

Boras is his agent in MLB..... wonder if he is also for NFL. Might be looking to get into the game.

I think some team will reach for him in round one.  Kliff Schittlesbury  is wild about him.  The pre=draft hype is going to be HUGE.  Stay tuned.  If he doesn't go in round one he will probably change his mind and go play baseball,

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Gase just said since before Dolphins he's always wanted to coach in the AFC East to play against the best (Belichick). Sounded pretty genuine ... interesting.  

He's not here to kiss any rings either.

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

Damn Kay brought up the fact that the internet was killing Gase for his eyes....Gase didn't say much in rebuttal other than he doesn't have Twitter?Instagram and doesn't read papers

I read Gase insisted that the Miami coaching staff communicate on field via a specially designed in-stadium telegraph system. 

Yeah, Gase certainly has the look of someone who could be on the spectrum. Or he could have social anxiety.

None of which means anything, as long as he can coach.

Belicheat has all the social charm of Vlad the Impaler, and he has done OK as a coach.

We didn't hire this guy to give press conferences - we hired him to coach football.

8 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Damn Kay brought up the fact that the internet was killing Gase for his eyes....Gase didn't say much in rebuttal other than he doesn't have Twitter?Instagram and doesn't read papers

Now that's  COLD! Kaye of course is a Giants fan.

Archived