Chiefs Fire DC Bob Sutton

JetsFanatic

Bob Sutton.....Wade Phillips....we'll see the difference in coaching in 2 weeks. If Wade can't slow down the Pats running game which has been dominent and find a way to negate Edelman & White coming out of the backfield, I'll eat my hat. Talib has the strength & length to handle Gronk who is 75% of the Gronk we use to see.

Dorsett & Hogan will have to have the games of their lives in 2 weeks. 

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

According to Schefter, Rex Ryan is the name to watch.  Sorry having trouble pasting quotes.

Holy sh*t.  Could you imagine Rex in KC???  If they land him, they're my insta lock for the Super Bowl next year.  Wow.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Reid needs a scapegoat for choking in the Conference champ game again...

"You have to take in the hurt," Mahomes added. "You have to accept that it hurts and it's supposed to hurt. You put in all this work and do everything you can to get to the Super Bowl and win it. To fall short, it's going to hurt and (Chiefs head coach Andy Reid) told us to accept that."

D1294_5_893_600.jpg

goo-goo ga-joob!

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

Am I Pats fan or Chiefs fan?  I cant keep up with you.

I never said you were a Pats fan. Please allow me to tell you what you think....lol....you will root for the Patriots  because you're butt hurt the Saints didn't get a PI call. As for the Rex Ryan, it's obvious you are one of his fanboys...you got them winning the Super Bowl with Rex. Go get that Mahomes jersey if you haven't already.

26 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I never said you were a Pats fan. Please allow me to tell you what you think....lol....you will root for the Patriots  because you're butt hurt the Saints didn't get a PI call. As for the Rex Ryan, it's obvious you are one of his fanboys...you got them winning the Super Bowl with Rex. Go get that Mahomes jersey if you haven't already.

Did you order your Goff jersey?  You silly Rams fan boy.

12 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

Bob Sutton ruined the Jets defense years back when he was the DC under Mangini and is part of the reason Mangini went out the door. Andy Reids mistake was ever hiring him. 

For running Mangini's defense?  I think it has always been obvious that Sutton ran things Mangini's way and in KC his D has not resembled the Mangini Jets.

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

For running Mangini's defense?  I think it has always been obvious that Sutton ran things Mangini's way and in KC his D has not resembled the Mangini Jets.

Curious why you would say this? Did Mangini's and Sutton's defenses look similar? I honestly never looked for that trait.

I would just assume that Sutton has his own scheme (quite possibly merged with some others) based on his years of being a defensive coach in college, and then being head coach at Army.

EDIT-Ahhh, just read your post more carefully.

25 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Curious why you would say this? Did Mangini's and Sutton's defenses look similar? I honestly never looked for that trait.

I would just assume that Sutton has his own scheme (quite possibly merged with some others) based on his years of being a defensive coach in college, and then being head coach at Army.

EDIT-Ahhh, just read your post more carefully.

Ahhh, now you get it.

I remember when Sutton went to KC, some acted like he was bringing "Ryan's D"  I thought that was funny, since he had been fairly conservative when the Jets DC and had worked for Groh and Mangini (Big Bill/Little Bill D) Herm (cover 2) and Ryan.  FWIW, I think he was pretty blitz happy when he got to KC.

Archived