Jets trade with Raiders for G Kelechi Osemele

JetsFanatic

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

there’s plenty of rumors to go around... friction between the OL/carr, he was playing overweight last season, gruden is stacking up picks to make a run at murray, etc. personally I’m not trusting anything until we hear from raiderfan about how this was the best, most explosive trade for the raiders and the worst deal ever for the jets

Seriously, where is Raiderholic? Max better resend the Bat Signal.?

• More

Brandon Thorn Retweeted Adam Schefter

KO was the best LG in football in 2016. When healthy, as physically dominant as any OL I’ve seen in the last 5 years. Significantly better blocking IZ/Gap than OZ concepts. Never known as a technician, rather wins with size, length, power, and tenacity. 30-years old week 1

Brandon Thorn added,

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
    Raiders have an agreement in principle to trade G Kelechi Osemele to the NY Jets, sources tell @josinaanderson and me. Trade cannot be processed until Weds, but two sides have agreement in place. Another Raiders’ trade.
    2 replies6 retweets39 likes

Retweet

Direct message
  •  

If you want to see dozens of examples of his game and where he wins, search my handle and “KO” or “Osemele.” I don’t think there’s another OL I’ve highlighted more since I’ve been on here.

3 replies4 retweets23 likes

Retweet

Direct message
2hWbcKfP_bigger.jpgBrandon Thorn @BrandonThornNFL
FollowFollow @BrandonThornNFL
More

Also, ever since Musgrave got let go his game has gradually regressed, namely in 2018. Part of that could be due to injury, but once OAK shifted their ground game towards more zone, his strengths weren’t utilized to the same degree. Not having Penn at LT in 18 didn’t help either.

3:38 PM - 10 Mar 2019

I wonder if Rodney Hudson is available. Same age as Osemele and is under contract for only 2019. That would solve the Center issue as well. Both players will require an extension. They would probably have to give up the late 3rd round pick for him. That would be a huge get for this team and they can concentrate on other positions in free agency.

17 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

They could still be in on Saffold 

Saffold has played RG, and was dominant. if we get him and paradis. The interior of our line is dominant. Run and Pass.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know. That Anderson trade was pretty stout man.  Especially if we re sign him so he's year than Bowles swan song year. 

Anyhoo I'm really happy about this move. If only to quell the Torches of the Macc Mob! 

From Pro Football Weekly June 2018

1. Kelechi Osemele, Raiders

At 6-5, 333 pounds, Osemele can dominate at guard or tackle, but it is at guard where he has become arguably the best offensive lineman in the league. Osemele is as dominant a run blocker as there is in the game today, and he also excels in pass protection, as evidenced by the Raiders allowing the fewest sacks in the NFL in 2016. He had a huge breakout season for the Baltimore Ravens in '15, when he was one of the best blockers in the NFL, and parlayed it into a $58.5-million free-agent deal in Oakland two years ago. The Raiders took a step back up front last season, but it was hardly the fault of Osemele, a two-time Pro Bowler, first-team All Pro in ’16 and Super Bowl XLVII champion.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

At 6-5, 333 pounds, Osemele can dominate at guard or tackle, but it is at guard where he has become arguably the best offensive lineman in the league. Osemele is as dominant a run blocker as there is in the game today, and he also excels in pass protection, as evidenced by the Raiders allowing the fewest sacks in the NFL in 2016. He had a huge breakout season for the Baltimore Ravens in '15, when he was one of the best blockers in the NFL, and parlayed it into a $58.5-million free-agent deal in Oakland two years ago. The Raiders took a step back up front last season, but it was hardly the fault of Osemele, a two-time Pro Bowler, first-team All Pro in ’16 and Super Bowl XLVII champion.

BINGO

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Osemele  is 6'5 297 right now.

Walterfootball mentioned he had knee problems last year and that he may have mailed it in a bit instead of playing hurt once the raiders season went so poorly.

It appears that his weightloss in the video would back that up as he was probably looking to put less stress on his knees and ankles going from 330 to 297.  Ideally he can play right around 300 and be more athletic in our inside zone system.

Also, if I'm reading over the cap correctly, he has no guaranteed money left, so if he struggles or has more knee problems we can let him go after 2019 with no dead money.

Great trade to me, also allows us more flexibility in the draft (would love to spend FA money on barr and flowers, and trade down for Bradbury to play center, but thats unlikely)

Good deal, and because it was a trade, will not count in comp pick calculations for next year.  With all the guys we could lose (Carp, McLendon, Skrine, Claiborne, Kearse, Powell, H Anderson, Copeland etc.), still a chance we can net an extra pick in 2020.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

KO

Sure hope last year was a blip but this is a nice way to start things off! 

I'm listening to SiriusXM NFL channel and Adam Caplan keeps saying that he was hurt in 2018 season I guess he was beat up pretty bad but keep on trying to play through it. Teamed up with Frank Pollock looks good on paper.  

Archived