Where do the Giants go from here?

WayneChrebet80

Smart move would be to try to wait for Haskins at #6 or, as a backup, get Rosen cheap (3rd rounder, maybe 2nd).  I can't imagine them going into this season without a young QB who is a true heir-apparent to Eli.  Anything else would be malpractice by Gettleman. 

In a way, they are close to needing to pull a Gruden and blow it all up, only they have a $35MM dead cap problem this year that will really slow things down.  That means they are probably 2-3 seasons away from being able to put a contender on the field, and by that time, Barkley will be nearing the end of his rookie deal.  It's not pretty.

They are going to waste the first three years of their "Hall Of Fame" RB's rookie

contract.  They stunk last year, with their tear down they'll stink this year.  And if

they play a rookie QB in 2020 they'll stink again.  By then Barkley will probably

have 1200-1300 "touches" on his legs

Honestly I dont care. I dont hate the Giants, I just focus on my team. On one hand we have fans almost rooting for the Browns and the other half happy that the Giants are dumpster fire.  I mean we finally have a young franchise qb and despite what some say we are putting pieces around him. Plus we are in a position to grab a big impact player in the draft, there is light at the end of the tunnel for us

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Obvious move would be to cut Eli and use the cap savings to supplement the talent around his replacement.

With 12 picks in the draft the Giants can either take a Qb or trade a mid round pick for Rosen. 

Not a terrible position to be in, but who knows what DG is thinking?

Hopefully to # 3 in the draft and draft a QB.

Just read they’re watching Kyler Murray today.  And the Raiders are a wildcard to take a QB at #4.  Would you imagine being able to trade down with the giants and ending up with even more thanks to them passing on Darnold?!  I actually somewhat root for the Giants actually (so it’s not like I’m trying to rub it in) but damn would that be a gift!  

They totally blew it last year. You do not pick high every year thus when a good Qb is there you need to take one if your present guy is done or nearly done.  They took a RB and now they either have to trade up for a lesser guy in this draft or face some years without a viable QB ala the jets.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Giants are rebuilding.  They have a ton of picks and will get a qb in this draft.  Future is bright for the Gints.

I just wonder how good the QBs in this draft are. 

Still think they should have simply drafted Darnold. 

Gettleman looks like a total fool right now.  From being so cocky about his “Hall of Fame” RB and dissing the QBs last year, to his nonsense about his Hog Mollies that he signed and drafted that ended up sucking, to his paying huge money to OBJ and saying “we didn’t sign him to trade him”.  At this point he’s set that franchise back several years.  

I can’t imagine he would take Saquon over Sam again if he had the chance.  

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You guys do realize that Arizona did not switch GMs, don't you? Keim burned his 1, 3 and 5 on Rosen in 2018.  You really think they are going to trade him for a 3rd? 

Totally agree. 

I'm also still not sold on them actually taking Murray at #1 overall. (Neither Klingsbury nor Keim are at his pro day today)

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You guys do realize that Arizona did not switch GMs, don't you? Keim burned his 1, 3 and 5 on Rosen in 2018.  You really think they are going to trade him for a 3rd? 

Yes. I think they’ll take what they can get. Drafting Murray must’ve been a huge part of the interview and agreement with kliff. If you’re going to hire kliff, go all in and get his guy. A 3rd round pick can be a new wr/rb/o lineman

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Not a 3rd, but probably a 2nd.  Keim should have been fired too.  How that guy got another chance is beyond me.  Has a team ever drafted a QB in the top 10 in consecutive years?   

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Not a 3rd, but probably a 2nd.  Keim should have been fired too.  How that guy got another chance is beyond me.  Has a team ever drafted a QB in the top 10 in consecutive years?   

Not that I can think of.  But DET drafted a WR in the top 10 4 out of 6 consecutive years LOL.

They should move on from their washed up QB Eli Manning. Sign a veteran like the Jets did in 2017 with McCown, and draft a QB either this year (if you like one) or next year. 

But the Giants will probably convince themselves that Eli isn't the problem and that Odell will be an addition by subtraction. They'll try to draft a couple of defensive players in the 1st round and convince themselves they can win this year with Eli. And they'll go on to win 5-7 games. 

3 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Obvious move would be to cut Eli and use the cap savings to supplement the talent around his replacement.

With 12 picks in the draft the Giants can either take a Qb or trade a mid round pick for Rosen. 

Not a terrible position to be in, but who knows what DG is thinking?

I think they keep Eli, give him a farewell tour , plus with Eli as qb they could even get number 1 overall next yr draft. At least top 3. Why would they want to do what Mac did 2 years ago?  Had plan to rebuild and do a soft tank, but backfired by signing McCown who had a surprisingly good yr. if we stuck with Pety and hackenberg, we get darnold at 3 plus keep our 3 2nd rounders 

Giants traded Odell so they have the ammo to move up in the draft. 

They can move up to 3 and we could get some nice picks. If they go ahead of us and move up to 2 to the 49ers than we get bosa. 

1. Murray, 2. Haskins, 3. Bosa.

Either way it's a win win for the jets

Edit to add: Gettelman is ruining the Giants. And I love it. 

They need to blow this thing up completely and even consider trading Saquon. There gonna run this poor kid into the ground next few years while they are awful. Might as well try to get a few draft picks out of him now to help the rebuild. Running backs do not last long, look at Todd Gurley after 4 years in the league looks like he’s done already

Archived