Duke Johnson Requests Trade... Jets among list of Potential Landing Spots

GREENBEAN

Any interest in trading for Duke? He would be a high quality second RB behind Bell. What would the trade compensation be? I would think Cleveland would want a pick for this years draft after losing their 1st innthd Odell grade.

I’d be interested but I wouldn’t trade any capital from this years draft. That’s for sure.

Next years 5th or 6th?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829035-browns-rumors-duke-johnson-requests-trade-jets-texans-eagles-interested

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Just draft Trayveon Williams this year.  Same player, except Trayveon will be 4 years younger an on a rookie deal for 4 years.  

I'd prefer Montgomery, but I am with you with drafting a rb on a rookie deal than trading for a vet.

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Just draft Trayveon Williams this year.  Same player, except Trayveon will be 4 years younger an on a rookie deal for 4 years.  

Love Trayveon Williams. I think he's better than Johnson and will go higher than most expect. 

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The only thing dumber then bringing in one free agent rb would be also trading for one.

RBs are a dime a dozen.  Draft them.

One that has 235 receptions and over 2100 yards in 4 years? Obviously there’s RBs that have done better Bell, Kamara etc but not a lot. He’d be a prefect compliment to Bell and give Darnold another short threat. 

39 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Any interest in trading for Duke? He would be a high quality second RB behind Bell. What would the trade compensation be? I would think Cleveland would want a pick for this years draft after losing their 1st innthd Odell grade.

I’d be interested but I wouldn’t trade any capital from this years draft. That’s for sure.

Next years 5th or 6th?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829035-browns-rumors-duke-johnson-requests-trade-jets-texans-eagles-interested

Good lord nouw many cleveland cast offs do we need? Crowell was enough, 

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

yeah unless you want to win, cause if you want to win that he really never helps.

So any player on a bad team you'd stay away from? That makes no sense. He'd immediately lessen the blow of when Bell was out of the game bc he lines up all over the field just like Bell. And if it cost a 6th this year it's well worth it. There is not 1 player that you'd get in that round that would have as much impact on the team for the next 2-3 years than him. That's a fact. 

Just now, choon328 said:

So any player on a bad team you'd stay away from? That makes no sense. He'd immediately lessen the blow of when Bell was out of the game bc he lines up all over the field just like Bell. And if it cost a 6th this year it's well worth it. There is not 1 player that you'd get in that round that would have as much impact on the team for the next 2-3 years than him. That's a fact. 

You never know what kind of gem can be found in the later rounds. With that being said, i'd still grab Duke for a 6th. If we can get away with a future draft pick for the trade than jump on it.

Just now, MindOverMatter said:

You never know what kind of gem can be found in the later rounds. With that being said, i'd still grab Duke for a 6th. If we can get away with a future draft pick for the trade than jump on it.

About 4% of 6th round picks ever become starters. If you can get good players for any draft pick beyond the 4th round it'll have way more of an impact on your team than drafting someone in those rounds. 

They’d be dumb to trade him before the deadline with the Hunt suspension.

And the Jets would be equally as dumb to give up anything more than a 6th round pick for a guy who isn’t going to see more than 5 or 6 touches a game as long as Bell is healthy.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Bingo. 2nd RB should come cheaper than a trade and vet contract. Our resources are needed in too many other spots.

One that has 235 receptions and over 2100 yards in 4 years? Obviously there’s RBs that have done better Bell, Kamara etc but not a lot. He’d be a prefect compliment to Bell and give Darnold another short threat. 

People around here act like a guy who sat out a year of football has never pulled a groin and missed 4 weeks.

41 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Duke Johnson would be an upgrade here to the RB corps behind Bell on the depth chart. 

I think what some are saying here is why trade a draft pick for Johnson when we could draft a comparable player, maybe even better with the same draft pick we would have to give up. That way you get a younger guy on a cheap contract for the next four years. 

If it's a straight up trade for Lee than you pull the trigger.

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

I think what some are saying here is why trade a draft pick for Johnson when we could draft a comparable player, maybe even better with the same draft pick we would have to give up. That way you get a younger guy on a cheap contract for the next four years. 

If it's a straight up trade for Lee than you pull the trigger.

We could also wind up with another Trenton Cannon..Duke Johnson is an instant upgrade here. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We could also wind up with another Trenton Cannon..Duke Johnson is an instant upgrade here. 

Fair enough.....especially with Mac pulling the trigger.

Archived