Best photos of new unis

nico002

12 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Am I missing something? I've been seeing a lot of posts recently with just one period. 

I deleted a snide remark I made impulsively.  Not worth the trouble or reaction.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Xtina said:

If you had to describe the new uniforms in one word , what would it be? 

Mine is -TENTATIVE 

like, they wanted to make a splash, and had a design, but then lost their nerve and backed off and erased half of it. It feels unfinished 

Actually think you’ve nailed it here. 

45 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

When I say minimalist I'm thinking of flatter, less busy design concepts.  Apple with Jonny Ive started transitioning to this around 2015.  Here's a comparison of what iOS looked like from iOS 5 to iOS 12.

It may seem subtle but notice the disappearance of shadows behind icons.  Notice how the complication has been reduced in an icon like the calendar.  The design became flatter (ex. no more Jets logo over the NY) and more straight to the point.  I think, to a degree, this is where the Jets went with the logo, the removal of stripes on the helmet and more specifically, the use of only one line rather than double lines in areas where they have a color sweep.

Even look at the depth and richness of the text that used to be used in iOS.  Much cleaner and to-the-point now.

2d9cc30ec5db14d73c1eeb3385043eee.jpg.5e6e606a3460fd114257b51046fc5bae.jpg

Reset-iOS-home-screen-layout.thumb.png.3ad1798ab595bba49820b836451b80c8.png

OLD - Just go across the shoulders here....White, Green, White, Green, White, Green, White (7), the front logo patch on the jersey, double stripes on the helmet.

NEW - Darnold below....on the shoulders Green, White, Green, White, Green (5), no front logo patch, no helmet stripes.

crop_exact_hi-res-f25e0a078b5ca9e9082a07d22e6efbb6_crop_exact.jpg.a7dcfbd8d6a2fcbaf9bc32b019ae3410.jpg

jjpxpeerjtruoczvxvxf.jpg.gif.fa877c425eb1b39a559c5f07dcba0462.gif

Maybe @SAR I can compare the evolution of late 1980's BMWs to today's design. :D

He has long since upgraded to a 1995 5 series.

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

He has long since upgraded to a 1995 5 series.

Ha!  I tend to drive cars for a long time as well so I can't criticize that, but I'm rockin' some rides that I love.  We need a Car thread to post pics in the Lounge!

3 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

We look like a Canadian football team. Now our jersey matches our teams talent level

crop_18355750647.jpg

839780436_new-york-jets-new-uniforms_pg_600(1).thumb.jpg.c0d9280671bb8eb2c4ebba0ba15e446f.jpg

Thanks for posting both pictures.  Shows clearly that our new uniforms look nothing like the ones you posted, other than both are green and white, though ours are a better green

Amazingly youre not the only one who feels the need to post pictures of some team wearing green uniforms and for no apparent reason claim we look like our new unis. 

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thanks for posting both pictures.  Shows clearly that our new uniforms look nothing like the ones you posted, other than both are green and white, though ours are a better green

Amazingly youre not the only one who feels the need to post pictures of some team wearing green uniforms and for no apparent reason claim we look like they do.  

These are the closest i have seen.  

0B25764B-FB45-40A1-8275-D850576023B2.jpeg

3F49C6D9-76C1-4ED3-93E9-7742694BABC8.jpeg

So I just did a "first gut feel" reaction test with my 13 year old son on the helmet, logo and uniforms 

He liked the helmet and logo 

He didn't like the uniforms specifically the shoulder swoosh thing 

My long time friends on the island all had the "meh" reaction 

I'm warming up to the color and finish of the helmet but the word jets on it still bugs me lol 

25 minutes ago, Larz said:

So I just did a "first gut feel" reaction test with my 13 year old son on the helmet, logo and uniforms 

He liked the helmet and logo 

He didn't like the uniforms specifically the shoulder swoosh thing 

My long time friends on the island all had the "meh" reaction 

I'm warming up to the color and finish of the helmet but the word jets on it still bugs me lol 

The shoulder swoosh is what ruined it for me. I really like the color of the helmets but don’t like the football graphic. Oh well. 

On 4/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, Jet Nut said:

Amazingly youre not the only one who feels the need to post pictures of some team wearing green uniforms and for no apparent reason claim we look like our new unis. 

Amazing isn't it. Some "fans" just live to mock this team.

On 4/5/2019 at 11:14 AM, Dcat said:

She's out shopping for the correct green colored wool as we type!  Looking forward to seeing the new hats Xtina!

Haha.  Since you bring it up, I actually have every shade of green, be it Kelly, emerald, shamrock, forest, garage (?). Yarn colors seem to lag behind color trends by a year or two.  The previous dark olive drab green (?) was very outmoded and hard to find yarn in that color. That emerald-y green is currently available in wool which means it has already been trendy for several years and the Jets, as per usual, got on the bus a step too late. I really hope they don’t look super dated in no time. 

And, I really thought there would be a third color so I waited to see it before making any moves. Blue never seemed possible (too Giants-y). Black is not a color (but mercifully easy to find). But neither is white a color, it’s an accent, which I think has been a problem all along. I was rooting for gold- actual metallic gold. That would have been cool. 

On 4/5/2019 at 1:04 PM, jetstream23 said:

When I say minimalist I'm thinking of flatter, less busy design concepts.  Apple with Jonny Ive started transitioning to this around 2015.  Here's a comparison of what iOS looked like from iOS 5 to iOS 12.

It may seem subtle but notice the disappearance of shadows behind icons.  Notice how the complication has been reduced in an icon like the calendar.  The design became flatter (ex. no more Jets logo over the NY) and more straight to the point.  I think, to a degree, this is where the Jets went with the logo, the removal of stripes on the helmet and more specifically, the use of only one line rather than double lines in areas where they have a color sweep.

Even look at the depth and richness of the text that used to be used in iOS.  Much cleaner and to-the-point now.

2d9cc30ec5db14d73c1eeb3385043eee.jpg.5e6e606a3460fd114257b51046fc5bae.jpg

Reset-iOS-home-screen-layout.thumb.png.3ad1798ab595bba49820b836451b80c8.png

OLD - Just go across the shoulders here....White, Green, White, Green, White, Green, White (7), the front logo patch on the jersey, double stripes on the helmet.

NEW - Darnold below....on the shoulders Green, White, Green, White, Green (5), no front logo patch, no helmet stripes.

crop_exact_hi-res-f25e0a078b5ca9e9082a07d22e6efbb6_crop_exact.jpg.a7dcfbd8d6a2fcbaf9bc32b019ae3410.jpg

jjpxpeerjtruoczvxvxf.jpg.gif.fa877c425eb1b39a559c5f07dcba0462.gif

Maybe @SAR I can compare the evolution of late 1980's BMWs to today's design. :D

Interesting observation. I think icon redesign was to take up less space/load faster. Not sure this translates to watching on high def TV’s, but maybe it helps on small devices (visually). 

Making this side by side comparison, the new ones look so much cleaner than the busy old ones. They already look so ridiculous I can’t ecen believe they were ever our uniforms! 

38 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Interesting observation. I think icon redesign was to take up less space/load faster. Not sure this translates to watching on high def TV’s, but maybe it helps on small devices (visually). 

Making this side by side comparison, the new ones look so much cleaner than the busy old ones. They already look so ridiculous I can’t ecen believe they were ever our uniforms! 

I do know some of the thinking that went on prior to the flatter iOS design, and it's very interesting.  In the earliest days of touchscreens Steve Jobs felt he had to educate the consumer on how to use the interface.  The iPhone was revolutionary.  We take it for granted now, more than a decade later, but the idea of typing on glass was mind-boggling to some people in those early days.  Going from tactile keyboard-based mobile phones like the Blackberry people were not yet used to touchscreens and Jobs thought it was important to give iOS icons a physical, button-like appearance with bevels, shadows, gradients, etc. so that people would know they could/should be pressed.  The shadows and depth of icons was done intentionally to give them the appearance of a physical button.  Similar to keys on a keyboard, he felt that by giving icons the appearance of an actual object would help encourage the correct use of them.  After several years consumers no longer needed a visual queue to tell them what could be pressed on the screen and Apple moved to the "less is more" design to simplify the user interface, recapture some space and bring the focus back to what things are, not necessarily how to use them.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

And BIG clip art football center stage on the helmet.

It went from a small part of the old logo to 2x the size and overlapping the team name. In some ways it's the focal point of the logo. It's like someone said I don't think this cheesy graphical football is getting enough attention on the logo, what can we do about it?

helmet.jpg

F6397-F11-9215-45-FA-BA19-2774-A5957332.

F21-BBBC3-0091-472-D-A217-076-BC1-B5-A32

Best photos of new uni's as requested.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

helmet.jpg

F6397-F11-9215-45-FA-BA19-2774-A5957332.

F21-BBBC3-0091-472-D-A217-076-BC1-B5-A32

Best photos of new uni's as requested.

SAR I

I love them. They're not OVER DESIGNED, that was a big fear of mine. The block JETS letters have always looked good on apparel. The redesigned football is an homage to 68/69. And the swooshes seem like a big change but will just be accepted as part of this new era of design in the NFL. 

I cant wait to see these on TV, I love the metallic green helmets, love the all whites, not a huge fan of the black uniform but they're not terrible. All in all these could have been much worse, as Nike kept tweaking our current uniforms & made them worse with the kangaroo patches. 

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I love them. They're not OVER DESIGNED, that was a big fear of mine. The block JETS letters have always looked good on apparel. The redesigned football is an homage to 68/69. And the swooshes seem like a big change but will just be accepted as part of this new era of design in the NFL. 

I cant wait to see these on TV, I love the metallic green helmets, love the all whites, not a huge fan of the black uniform but they're not terrible. All in all these could have been much worse, as Nike kept tweaking our current uniforms & made them worse with the kangaroo patches. 

C2240586-644-A-479-C-887-F-2-D3-D6-A0-BF

Same here.

I do wish that instead of Stealth Black they went with Skyscraper Grey now that I've seen it on a cap. Black is just played to me, but the players love it so it's fine by me. 

SAR I

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

C2240586-644-A-479-C-887-F-2-D3-D6-A0-BF

Same here.

I do wish that instead of Stealth Black they went with Skyscraper Grey now that I've seen it on a cap. Black is just played to me, but the players love it so it's fine by me. 

SAR I

Agree on they Grey, those would have been sweet and unique to the league with the grey/green.

But hey, I don't wear the uniform, so as long as they start selling sweatshirts & other apparel with that Grey they did on the hat, I'm in. Always loved the classic block JETS on a slight slant. First time Le'veon slashes through the defense in those black uniforms, I'll be fine with them.

Funny, the fans that claim, "I won't spend a dime on them!", probably never bought anything anyway,lol. They start winning you'll see hats, Tshirts, sweatshirts on youngsters in NY & NJ like nobodies business.

Archived