Jets Reportedly Targeting Dillard/Jonah Via Trade Down

SR24

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

It's ok little snowflake you can downvote all my posts I hope whatever emotional trauma you're going through today gets better. 

3 hours ago, SR24 said:

Is that before or after you downvote all my posts and see a therapist? 

This is definitely how I’d respond to being down voted. The only way, really.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, genot said:

Any rumor that the Jets want to trade down to draft those two is a smoke screen. If we're playing a 3-4 base, and we trade Lee, we need an outside linebacker. Much more than those tackles, both of whom have flaws in their game.

We need to replace our tiny linebacker that we just upgraded with a top ten player at the position...instead of bolstering the weak oline and protecting the first franchise qb we've had since Pennington. Ok 

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

We need to replace our tiny linebacker that we just upgraded with a top ten player at the position...instead of bolstering the weak oline and protecting the first franchise qb we've had since Pennington. Ok 

They wanted to sign Barr so they could use multiple high picks on the OL but now they’ve got a hole at olb still, and there will probably be a debate of whether to trade back if they have the chance.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't want either.

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Jonah williams is the type of player mccagnan would trade back and take, high floor player from great D1 program who is unlikely to bust.  He’s basically the offensive version of Leonard williams.

Point is, the knock on Jonah is arm length, and here he has way longer arms than the “other guy we’re scouting”

2 minutes ago, TheGoose said:

Point is, the knock on Jonah is arm length, and here he has way longer arms than the “other guy we’re scouting”

I understand that.  But i can easily see the jets targeting Jonah around 10 or so, playing him at LT and moving Beachum to RT.  

20 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

There's more than one round in the draft. You understand that don't you. Maybe not. Mosley is an ilb, replacing another inside linebacker. Who plays outside??

6 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

this is him essentially begging for offers

Jets General Manager Mike Maccagnan said at the Scouting Combine that the team “would absolutely” consider trading down from the No. 3 overall pick if the right offer came their way.

Maccagnan met the media at the league meetings in Arizona on Monday and he wanted to make sure that anyone who might have missed those comments heard his message. The G.M. wasn’t holding a for sale sign above his head while talking to reporters, but that was essentially the message.

We’re very open to potentially moving back from three,” Maccagnan said, via the New York Post. “I wouldn’t envision us moving up in the draft. I think you can rule that one out. If we end up staying at three and taking a player, we think there are some very good players at three. But we’d definitely be interested if another team came with an offer that we felt was worthy of moving out of the spot. We would definitely consider that. Not to say we’re committed to doing it, but we’d definitely be very intrigued by that.”

LOL  This is begging these days? Come on man.  

Anyhoo. Semantics.   My point was that this article literally said nothing new of substance. This was one comment is a month old. The rest is just people talking about nothing. 

13 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

But the value of trading the pick is what you can get for it not what you ask or what you traded to get it last year.  It does not matter that the jets gave up 3 #2s to move up 3 spots, if the giants are only willing to give up a 2nd and 3rd rounder, then that’s the MV.

you are assuming they feel compelled to trade, but they are in the catbird seat.  Teams must meet their value or they take an edge rusher

17 hours ago, SR24 said:

sources tell me the team will target offensive linemen in Round 1. The names specifically given to me were left tackle Andre Dillard of Washington State and Jonah Williams of Alabama. From the article

that's odd because many people think that Taylor is the best OT prospect in the draft.  If the Jets are looking to trade back for an OT, one would think that Taylor would also be a prime target.

16 hours ago, k-met57 said:

there have been about 15 different outlets that have reported that the jets are VERY VERY VERY interested in trading down....it borders on begging and the opposite of a poker face.

it does not "border on" begging.  

Gotta love this board.  Letting the league know that pick 3 is available is fine.  You and others  labeling it as "begging" is a gross exaggeration and founded on Mac hate.  And I'm one of the biggest "fire Mac" guys around here, but you are wrong on this one.

18 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

this is him essentially begging for offers

Jets General Manager Mike Maccagnan said at the Scouting Combine that the team “would absolutely” consider trading down from the No. 3 overall pick if the right offer came their way.

Maccagnan met the media at the league meetings in Arizona on Monday and he wanted to make sure that anyone who might have missed those comments heard his message. The G.M. wasn’t holding a for sale sign above his head while talking to reporters, but that was essentially the message.

“We’re very open to potentially moving back from three,” Maccagnan said, via the New York Post. “I wouldn’t envision us moving up in the draft. I think you can rule that one out. If we end up staying at three and taking a player, we think there are some very good players at three. But we’d definitely be interested if another team came with an offer that we felt was worthy of moving out of the spot. We would definitely consider that. Not to say we’re committed to doing it, but we’d definitely be very intrigued by that.”

begging?  :D  

"would absolutely consider" = begging?

"Very intrigued" = begging?

got it chief.  :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, Dcat said:

that's odd because many people think that Taylor is the best OT prospect in the draft.  If the Jets are looking to trade back for an OT, one would think that Taylor would also be a prime target.

Definitely the best run blocker out of the 3. Could still develop into an LT since his feet and movement for a guy his size is good. Taylor goes to Jax @ 7, imo.

29 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Definitely the best run blocker out of the 3. Could still develop into an LT since his feet and movement for a guy his size is good. Taylor goes to Jax @ 7, imo.

I like Taylor better than Jonah but he will be drafted higher 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

A lot of people here have been obsessed with Jonah since before day 1.  Ironic considering his draft stock has plummeted since scouts and GMs have had more time to watch his tape 

Trade Leo for a second round pick, draft Jonah in round 2 because he will be there, and take Quinnen Williams at 3rd overall

2 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Higher than 7? Or higher than Jonah? I can see the latter but not going before 7.

No idea how high Taylor goes but Jonah I can see going very late rd 1 or lasting well into round 2 his stock has sunk

Cam Robinson was bigger and better than Jonah coming out of Alabama and he was a second round pick

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No idea how high Taylor goes but Jonah I can see going very late rd 1 or lasting well into round 2 his stock has sunk

Cam Robinson was bigger and better than Jonah coming out of Alabama and he was a second round pick

Here is what I think the OT draft order will be:

Taylor: Rd 1 (picks 6-12)

Dillard: Rd 1 (picks 10 -25)

Ford: Rd 1 (picks 10-32)

Williams: Rd 1 (picks 12-32)

Little by mid rd 2

31 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Here is what I think the OT draft order will be:

Taylor: Rd 1 (picks 6-12)

Dillard: Rd 1 (picks 10 -25)

Ford: Rd 1 (picks 10-32)

Williams: Rd 1 (picks 12-32)

Little by mid rd 2

I think either Pats draft Jonah at end of rd 1 or he’s drafted in rd 2

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

If Mac wants Jonah so bad trade Leo for a high second round pick 

I wish but no way Leo can get a 2nd. This is mainly because of high salary in his option year and because he is a FA next year. A team with extra draft ammo and cap space may be willing to take a flyer on him or just wait until he is a FA.

It’ll be tough to move him and equally tough to resign him to a long term deal since his draft slot and way that the Jets praise him will surely inflate his contract. It’s a no win situation unless he miraculously plays better this year and continues to play better. I do not trust that to happen. 

22 hours ago, k-met57 said:

this doesnt make sense on a few levels.

1. Macc does not have a history of drafting OL early

2. Why would the jets be begging to trade down knowing that only drives trade down value down, if they really wanted to trade down you'd think the reports would be how strong the jets think the top 3-5 are

ill buy it when i see it. it wouldnt be a smart move to pass on a bunch of generational pass rushers for an average interior lineman.

Meh, I'm as harsh a critic as there is of Macc's, with good reason, but there's nothing wrong with letting everyone know the Jets are open for business. What would be dumber is to be this eager to trade down, but a deal didn't get done because teams figured we never trade down this high up and figure putting an offer together is a waste of their time.

Saying so this early gives other teams all the time in the world to make preparations to move up to #3 if picks 1-2 go this way or that, or to make other deals to give them the ammunition to move up to #3 later on (if the guy they want is there when we're on the clock). 

Wisdom of trading down aside, the decision isn't to make a pick or trade down in abstract terms; there has to be a trade down offer in front of you to make that call, and the more offers he gets the more choices. Maybe we get an offer to move down just a couple slots and end up drafting the same player we'd have taken at #3. The Colts did this with us just last year.

23 hours ago, k-met57 said:

2. Why would the jets be begging to trade down knowing that only drives trade down value down, if they really wanted to trade down you'd think the reports would be how strong the jets think the top 3-5 are

ill buy it when i see it. it wouldnt be a smart move to pass on a bunch of generational pass rushers for an average interior lineman.

doesnt have a history but doesnt mean he's against it.  He aggressively tried to trade up when tunsil was dropping that one year.  It's just whether a tackle fits the value, none have fit where  we've been picking in the first round. 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

A lot of people here have been obsessed with Jonah since before day 1.  Ironic considering his draft stock has plummeted since scouts and GMs have had more time to watch his tape 

Trade Leo for a second round pick, draft Jonah in round 2 because he will be there, and take Quinnen Williams at 3rd overall

I only saw jonah in the Clemson game and was not impressed

On 4/9/2019 at 1:36 PM, k-met57 said:

Macc also didn't have a history of drafting QB's early and that situation turned out fine. He hasn't been GM long enough to determine what he will or will not do in the draft. He also has a new coach, and a good portion of player selection is influenced by the head coach.

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

truth?

reality?

Word vomit? This is a perfect illustration of the manifest ******* insanity of this sh*t. It's a thread about air. Most teams are open to trade down from most spots most of the time and mostly get no takers. He's telling everybody the sky is blue in as many words as possible because he's required to because there's demand for it and by god this is that demand.

9 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I wish but no way Leo can get a 2nd. This is mainly because of high salary in his option year and because he is a FA next year. A team with extra draft ammo and cap space may be willing to take a flyer on him or just wait until he is a FA.

It’ll be tough to move him and equally tough to resign him to a long term deal since his draft slot and way that the Jets praise him will surely inflate his contract. It’s a no win situation unless he miraculously plays better this year and continues to play better. I do not trust that to happen. 

I can see a team with a bad defense like the chiefs being interested in Leo

On 4/9/2019 at 8:32 PM, genot said:

There's more than one round in the draft. You understand that don't you. Maybe not. Mosley is an ilb, replacing another inside linebacker. Who plays outside??

You said we need a linebacker more than ol. It's in your above post. I just disagree. You have a right to your opinion sir.  

Actually if the Jets are looking to help Darnold for a added weapon and blocking Hockenson  would be the best pick he improves Redzone target, downfield weapon safety valve and improves the Run Blocking so he automatically improves several things on offense. They keep saying this kid is the real deal a gold Jacket prospect.

Archived