Draft Trade Rumors

choon328

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, choon328 said:

I figured we could put any rumors regarding draft pick trades here to keep it neat if everyone else thinks that's a good idea.

Trading back with Washington is as far back as i'd be willing to drop. It would sting not picking one of the top defensive studs but @ 15 you could still get an Edge, OT, CB, WR...all these positions potentially could help the team more than one of the DT's or Josh Allen.

Get the feeling that Jets are staying put @ 3 and taking Allen or Williams.

Consider this. The Rams traded with the Titans to go from 15 to 1. This is what the trade parameters were:

Titans trade:

#1 Overall

4th round pick

6th round pick

Rams trade

2016 #15 overall

2016 2nd round pick (43)

2016 2nd round pick (45)

2016 3rd round pick (76)

2017 1st round pick

2017 3rd round pick

I would assume this would be a starting off point for a Jets/Redskins trade. It would have to be something like:

Redskins Trade

2019 1st Round Pick (15)

2019 2nd round pick (46)

2019 3rd round pick (76)

2019 3rd round pick (96)

2020 1st round pick

Jets Trade 

2019 1st round pick (3)

2019 6th round pick (196)

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Consider this. The Rams traded with the Titans to go from 15 to 1. This is what the trade parameters were:

Titans trade:

#1 Overall

4th round pick

6th round pick

Rams trade

2016 #15 overall

2016 2nd round pick (43)

2016 2nd round pick (45)

2016 3rd round pick (76)

2017 1st round pick

2017 3rd round pick

I would assume this would be a starting off point for a Jets/Redskins trade. It would have to be something like:

Redskins Trade

2019 1st Round Pick (15)

2019 2nd round pick (46)

2019 3rd round pick (76)

2019 3rd round pick (96)

2020 1st round pick

Jets Trade 

2019 1st round pick (3)

Lol i wish

you cant compare apples and oranges. This draft is way different talent wise

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Lol i wish

Both trades are going up for a QB. Regardless of how you feel about the QB's this year if the Redskins make this move it's bc they think one of the QB's is their franchise QB. They have to pay a premium to do that just like the Rams did.

I would try to get a team in top 10 involved with Redskins a 3 way deal  , Jets stay top 10  , other teams gets Redskins pick and they move to 3.  I think best place 5-8 would be great.  Since we still have cap space and signed alot of top freeagents I want a franchise type player.   I feel there are 4-5 pro bowl type players in draft , Bosa Qw,Josh Allen,Devin White Ed Oliver .

23 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Titans trade:

#1 Overall

4th round pick

6th round pick

Rams trade

2016 #15 overall

2016 2nd round pick (43)

2016 2nd round pick (45)

2016 3rd round pick (76)

2017 1st round pick

2017 3rd round pick

Redskins Trade

2019 1st Round Pick (15)

2019 2nd round pick (46)

2019 3rd round pick (76)

2019 3rd round pick (96)

2020 1st round pick

Jets Trade 

2019 1st round pick (3)

Macc would gain some respect with a trade like this. 

22 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Titans trade:

#1 Overall

4th round pick

6th round pick

Rams trade

2016 #15 overall

2016 2nd round pick (43)

2016 2nd round pick (45)

2016 3rd round pick (76)

2017 1st round pick

2017 3rd round pick

Redskins Trade

2019 1st Round Pick (15)

2019 2nd round pick (46)

2019 3rd round pick (76)

2019 3rd round pick (96)

2020 1st round pick

Jets Trade 

2019 1st round pick (3)

There's no way the Jets pass an offer like this up. This trade gives us 4 3rd round picks which would allow Mac to move into the 2nd for a C or any other position that drops, or just stay put and finally sprinkle talent all over this deprived roster. 

It would also be fun to root for the Redskins to suck, there's a good chance they can be a top 15 pick next year.

Draft picks in future years would be hard for Mac to accept, because he knows that unless he makes the team much better this year, he will not be using those picks next year. 

So he may think he is better off with the best player he can get this year.  

Because Mac is effectively a lame duck, his interests are not aligned with the rest of Jets. 

41 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Lol i wish

It's rather pointless to compare talent between drafts.  WAS isn't paying based on what they think Murray or Haskins is worth.  They are paying based on how high they think they need to go to get the guy they want and what the selling team is willing to take for it.  Whether Murray is better/worse than RGIII isn't the point. 

Certainly the Jets don't give a crap how the talent compares.  If WAS wants him, and they think OAK is a real threat to take him, they have to pay a team ahead of OAK enough to trade.  Going from 3 to 15 is a long drop that the Jets don't have to do so it's really up to WAS to make it worthwhile, not the other way around. 

Having said all that, I think it unlikely, but I would be quite happy with that exchange of picks.

Good place to put this rumor: 

Jets have received a trade Offer from the Houston Texans that would bring Jadeveon Clowney and the 23rd pick to New York, for the #3rd pick. Another scenario involves Darron Lee in the deal and they would offer a 2nd round pick as well. 

2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Jets have received a trade Offer from the Houston Texans that would bring Jadeveon Clowney and the 23rd pick to New York, for the #3rd pick. Another scenario involves Darron Lee in the deal and they would offer a 2nd round pick as well. 

Maybe we can just flip Darron Lee for a 2nd?  That might not be so bad.

12 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Where is this coming from

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Maybe we can just flip Darron Lee for a 2nd?  That might not be so bad.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If we got a 2nd rounder for Lee I'll dance naked in my living room.  (Blinds may or may not be drawn for the mental health of the neighbours.)

Well see...now you just went and found a way to make it bad.

Archived