Bad start for gase, SOJ (merged)

The max firing was the sign of an incompetent run organization. Firing at this point is not leadership it causes confusion and chaos when once again people are Laughing at the jets. 

Reports are this is a gase powerplay. Reports are coming out he complained about paying to much for players that are now on his team which is not true and now they will lose respect for him. Also reports of him already clashing with Williams. Gase better get this under control before the wheels come offs 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Stop.  Let's not have this SOJ pity party.  It's not what's going on here.

Chris Johnson got rid of an executive that he didn't feel was a good fit and he did so at the right time.  Losing a GM in May means nothing.

As for the head coach, this doesn't affect him either as he is going to bring someone in that he actually gets along with and, in the short term, he doesn't need to worry about scouts or contracts.

As for players, that's on Gase.  Doesn't matter who brought them to the team or not.  He's the coach, he has a roster, so coach 'em up and let's go win some games.

SAR I

No he didnt. The firing should have occurred in January.

Now we need to find a GM willing to get a coach pushed in him. 

This is a joke. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

wut?  Not a good fit?  You mean he had a god like revelation?  Give me a good reason why you would not fire the gm at the same time as the coach you just fired.    Not a good fit.... after you have let him draft and go through FA.

Pure and utter nonsense.... not a good fit.

The owner is a bumbling newbie.

CJ said he needed to fully engulf himself through all levels of meeting over the last year and that is why he gave Mac the benefit of the doubt and did his due diligence. That seems on the level to me. Should he have known this earlier, maybe, but he needed the evaluation time and it's not like he has been the owner of a football team for a decade or longer. I don't see a problem here. Mac cost himself with poor overall drafting and too many large FA failed signings CB Revis, DL Wilkerson, CB Johnson, etc. which just those 2 adds up to hundreds of millions. If any of us made those mistakes at our jobs we'd be gone.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Chris Johnson got rid of an executive that he didn't feel was a good fit and he did so at the right time.  Losing a GM in May means nothing.

As for the head coach, this doesn't affect him either as he is going to bring someone in that he actually gets along with and, in the short term, he doesn't need to worry about scouts or contracts.

As for players, that's on Gase.  Doesn't matter who brought them to the team or not.  He's the coach, he has a roster, so coach 'em up and let's go win some games.

SAR I

How many of our draft pics are signed.  I only heard Wesco. Who works those contract out? Who implements a brand new system for our offense? Who monitors other teams rosters in anticipation of cuts or trades for rights to those would be cuts?

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, SR24 said:

The only bad thing about this is the leak that came out today with Gase not wanting Bell+Mosley. Which I don’t believe, just hope Bell doesn’t get wrapped up in it 

And if gase didn’t want them it really makes me question gase 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Simple answer, he didn’t pick Gase,,CJ did.

Ok.  But its the same question then.  Why hire gase when you see his vision is totally different then your gm?

Also, why would take take the job knowing his gm was going in a different direction then he wanted to go?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So if Gase doesn't like Le'veon Bell and they argue all season long it was all fine and dandy with you that the GM (who was on the way out) put all those resources into a player that the HC doesn't want?

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ok.  But its the same question then.  Why hire gase when you see his vision is totally different then your gm?

Also, why would take take the job knowing his gm was going in a different direction then he wanted to go?

Another simple answer. Because it’s obvious that CJ doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Ownership...oye

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

No he didnt. The firing should have occurred in January.

Now we need to find a GM willing to get a coach pushed in him. 

This is a joke. 

imo i don't see how mac could have been fired in january.  that's the end of the scouting and it would've messed up whatever was going on with the draft and free agency.  about the earliest this year was the day after the draft so if anything it's maybe 2 or 3 weeks later than it should've been.

• Upvote 2

“I think that there was pretty good synergy [between Gase and Maccagnan], but it was not everything I was hoping for. I made the decision that I want to find a better fit for this building. It’s more than a talent evaluation guy. I want a great strategic thinker, a great manager, a communicator, someone who can collaborate well with the building. I’m convinced we’re going to find that person. The more I looked, the more I realized that I wanted to move on."- Christopher Johnson

I read this comment from CJ and immediately think that Gase told him something like: "Look at what you guys have been doing for 20+ years, defense, defense, defense, ground and pound, wildcat, burning money on FA offensive pieces.... You have a QB now, you brought me on board... What's Maccagnan's strategy? What's his vision for this roster and how will it be any different now that you have an offensive coach running things for the first time in 23 years?"

Maccagnan had a shot to show a strategy, to show he could collaborate, to show he had a vision... clearly the same old wasn't going to cut it with CJ this time and they decided to go all in with Gase's mentality and if that means invest in the offense then count me in.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How does mac hire gase if they are this far apart on philosophy?

This is all they talked about during the interview process.  How did mac not realize him and gase didnt have the same vision?

Just a guess but I don’t think Mac hired Gase. I think he sat in on the meetings and took notes for CJ, but ownership choose the coach 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

wut?  Not a good fit?  You mean he had a god like revelation?  Give me a good reason why you would not fire the gm at the same time as the coach you just fired.    Not a good fit.... after you have let him draft and go through FA.

Pure and utter nonsense.... not a good fit.

The owner is a bumbling newbie.

Because in February he believed Maccagnan was worth retaining and in May he felt otherwise, that's why.  People go south in companies all the time.  I've seen people go from corporate Rock Star status to unemployed in less than a week.  Say the wrong thing in a meeting, get caught bad mouthing the CEO, it happens all the time.

Mr. Johnson did the brave thing today.  He got rid of someone he didn't want working for him knowing full well the sh-t storm that would ensue from the SOJ brigade in the media and some pathetic, weakling fans.

SAR I

• Upvote 3