Polite is a bust

9 hours ago, batmans a scientist said:

As absurd as this thread is. It should be noted, the expectations shouldn't be that high.

I looked up all 3rd round Front 7 picks since 2000. Of the 139 who played a game in their rookie season,

- 16 had 3 sacks or more.

- 7 had 5 sacks or more. The most was 8 for Ngakoue in 2016. 

I'm wonering what everone's expectation is for him in his rookie season 

BUT....he had 2nd round talent!!!

:Pain:

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What does this mean?  I won't go back to numbering my paragraphs, but he went to Florida, not Florida State.  He gained weight and was injured?  That is a nice theory.  Is he playing at the high weight or the low weight?  It doesn't much matter because either is too low for defensive line and if he's not at the heavier weight he is way small even for OLB/EDGE.  He played in college at the same size as Frankie Luvu.  That is his competition. 

It means he listed as edge in some places and LB in others and 258.  

And yes, my bad, Fl.

8 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

With his record, scout is the highest job he is ever going to get. Especially when it came out that he didn't feel the need to confer with his HC about draft selections or free agent signings. How stupid is that?

Because the guy IS stupid.  He is stupid.  There is no debating it anymore.  And I don’t want to rehash his panicked trade up 3 slots that cost 3 #2’s which could have and actually should have resulted in Josh Allen as the Jet QB.  He gets no credit for basically the ONLY move his few supporters give him credit for.

It was panicked because his back was to the wall, come home with a Franchise QB or keep walking.  Didn’t trust himself to draft one, so he tried to throw the entire Jet vault on Kirk “4-26 vs Winning Teams” Cousins.

Moron.  I’m probably wrong but I swear sometimes I think the only reason he ever worked in any capacity in the NFL is he had a hook somewhere.  He definitely had one later with Casserly.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Because the guy IS stupid.  He is stupid.  There is no debating it anymore.  And I don’t want to rehash his panicked trade up 3 slots that cost 3 #2’s which could have and actually should have resulted in Josh Allen as the Jet QB.  He gets no credit for basically the ONLY move his few supporters give him credit for.

It was panicked because his back was to the wall, come home with a Franchise QB or keep walking.  Didn’t trust himself to draft one, so he tried to throw the entire Jet vault on Kirk “4-26 vs Winning Teams” Cousins.

Moron.  I’m probably wrong but I swear sometimes I think the only reason he ever worked in any capacity in the NFL is he had a hook somewhere.  He definitely had one later with Casserly.

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion but this seems a little over the top.

Im not saying the guy was a great GM but you do realize the team most of us are high on (and expecting possible playoffs from ) was constructed totally by Mac with the exception of Kalil.   I personally think Darnold aside his last draft class is going to be his best.  

I wonder if the Jets have a great year could Mac win his second executive of the year award “ posthumously”?

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He missed 10 games as a rookie

Missed a start in year 2

16 games in year 3

6 starts in year 4

12 in year 5.

He missed a playoff game

As dominating as he could be he was always nicked  for the Jets

What is your point?  The other poster was planning Herm for changing him to DE for his injuries.  He missed most of his rookie year pre Herm then played DE for the rest of his career and didn't miss many games outside of one season.

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

In your face, @nyjunc

Huh?  How does that help your asinine statement?

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I loved Abraham, had his jersey.  

But damn, he missed time when he was here.  But hey, want to bet he comes back with a half assed, twisted reply and then claims he destroyed me once again because I have no facts or a convincing fact based argument?

Then you double down on your stupidity with this nonsense.  Actually read the posts before you spout off.  

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

What is your point?  The other poster was planning Herm for changing him to DE for his injuries.  He missed most of his rookie year pre Herm then played DE for the rest of his career and didn't miss many games outside of one season.

Huh?  How does that help your asinine statement?

Then you double down on your stupidity with this nonsense.  Actually read the posts before you spout off.  

Double down on my stupidity?

Point was clear as day to anyone who reads it.  He was always nicked as a Jet.  You want to spin off to the rest of his career now?  LOL,

Besides you missing the point and doing your usual spin to a new argument, my point is he was always nicked.  You were wrong, proven wrong.  Now youre saying Herm wanted to move him because of injuries?  WTF are you talking about? WTF sense does that make?  What does that have to do with being nicked up?

NOw back to the name calling.  You need to STFU Nancy.  Every time theres a post you imagine youve been called a name, accuse people of calling you names, get pissed that you imagine you were called names and then call me stupid?  When you set the standard for a poster as there is on the board. 

1 hour ago, batmans a scientist said:

So.. your call is for him to best one of the best 3rd round or later pass rushers as a rookie since sacks became a statistic. That seems a bit optimistic

I was going to say the over/under on sacks for him is 2.  And that will all be based on how many snaps he gets as DPR...

1 hour ago, batmans a scientist said:

So.. your call is for him to best one of the best 3rd round or later pass rushers as a rookie since sacks became a statistic. That seems a bit optimistic

i saw him play in college, i thought he may have been the best pure speed rusher in the draft. the combine and proday stuff doesnt bother me, i think he is a young guy who probably got some bad advice and made some bad decisions.

marcus davenport had 4.5 sacks coming out bubble **** U, Chubb had 12...i like the split the difference there.

5 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion but this seems a little over the top.

Im not saying the guy was a great GM but you do realize the team most of us are high on (and expecting possible playoffs from ) was constructed totally by Mac with the exception of Kalil.   I personally think Darnold aside his last draft class is going to be his best.  

I wonder if the Jets have a great year could Mac win his second executive of the year award “ posthumously”?

Darnold’s coming greatness will deodorize many of Maccagnan’s mistakes.  And if not for Gettleman the Jets would still be in what was their never ending QB purgatory.

Quantified his drafting graded near or the bottom of all GMs.  I heard a podcast where this kid Michael Nania applied analytics in comparing Maccagnan’s drafting to Idzik.  Idzik was better.  His FA acquisitions and virtually all big contracts doled out were whiffs.

He constantly invested top assets toward the Dline that got no pressure for 4 years.  Neglected the most important unit of all the Oline for 4 years and could have gotten his lucky prize rookie QB seriously hurt.

I’m tired of this topic, maybe we revisit it if Casserly gets him another job somewhere. 

5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Darnold’s coming greatness will deodorize many of Maccagnan’s mistakes.  And if not for Gettleman the Jets would still be in what was their never ending QB purgatory.

Quantified his drafting graded near or the bottom of all GMs.  I heard a podcast where this kid Michael Nania applied analytics in comparing Maccagnan’s drafting to Idzik.  Idzik was better.  His FA acquisitions and virtually all big contracts doled out were whiffs.

He constantly invested top assets toward the Dline that got no pressure for 4 years.  Neglected the most important unit of all the Oline for 4 years and could have gotten his lucky prize rookie QB seriously hurt.

I’m tired of this topic, maybe we revisit it if Casserly gets him another job somewhere. 

And yet despite all his sins, we have the best team since Ryan coached here 10 yrs ago.

And I’m tired of everybody acting like Macagnan getting Darnold was an incredible stroke of luck.  The Giants telegraphed their intentions.  Sitting at 3 he got Mayfield or Darnold. I think Mac figured the Browns would take Darnold and leave him with Mayfield. That would have been ok too.   Darnold falling to us was the only surprise.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

And yet despite all his sins, we have the best team since Ryan coached here 10 yrs ago.

And I’m tired of everybody acting like Macagnan getting Darnold was an incredible stroke of luck.  The Giants telegraphed their intentions.  Sitting at 3 he got Mayfield or Darnold. I think Mac figured the Browns would take Darnold and leave him with Mayfield. That would have been ok too.   Darnold falling to us was the only surprise.

I’ve heard Mac knew Gettleman was going Barkley come hell or high water at the time of the trade up so he knew he was getting Darnold or Baker. A couple of Radiohead’s have confirmed that. 

Luck that Browns went Baker but zero luck finally getting a FQB.  

24 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

The best and most incredible stroke of good fortune finally fell into the Jets laps with Darnold, who I think at worst will be a Top 3 QB.  Romo thinks Numero Uno, but I don’t know with Mahomes around, but Top 3 is good enough for me.

All Kirk “4-26 vs Winning Teams” Cousins had to do was afix his signature to the contract a panicked Maccagnan threw at him, and the Jets would be at Best a .500 team until Cousins contract ran and out a ton of loot....and the never ending QB search would begin again.

Look at the W-L record under Maccagnan.  With just an average schedule the first year you’re talking 4 consecutive years of double digit losses.

Again, this isn’t worth arguing about.  The guy was pure garbage, Houston was about to FIRE him and his pal Casserly sold an out to lunch owner on this moron.

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2019 at 8:20 AM, Jet Nut said:

Double down on my stupidity?

Point was clear as day to anyone who reads it.  He was always nicked as a Jet.  You want to spin off to the rest of his career now?  LOL,

Besides you missing the point and doing your usual spin to a new argument, my point is he was always nicked.  You were wrong, proven wrong.  Now youre saying Herm wanted to move him because of injuries?  WTF are you talking about? WTF sense does that make?  What does that have to do with being nicked up?

NOw back to the name calling.  You need to STFU Nancy.  Every time theres a post you imagine youve been called a name, accuse people of calling you names, get pissed that you imagine you were called names and then call me stupid?  When you set the standard for a poster as there is on the board. 

You cannot be real?  This has to be some joke on me that I'm just not getting.  No one could be this stupid.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

You cannot be real?  This has to be some joke on me that I'm just not getting.  No one could be this stupid.

Now I'm stupid?

WHy are you such a whining piss ant when you THINK you're being called something and now two straight replies with you calling me names.  Am i this stupid?  What makes you think youre smart enough to figure that or anything else out?

Youre not getting something, anything, wow thats a stretch no one could see coming.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Now I'm stupid?

WHy are you such a whining piss ant when you THINK you're being called something and now two straight replies with you calling me names.  Am i this stupid?  What makes you think youre smart enough to figure that or anything else out?

Youre not getting something, anything, wow thats a stretch no one could see coming.

So do either of you think you're following our remarkably lax rules right now? 

If you can't have a discussion without calling each other stupid, don't engage each other. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, slats said:

If you can't have a discussion without calling each other stupid, don't engage each other. 

Hes called me stupid in his last two posts.  I havent called him anything.

I have held back and have shown restraint.

Im sick of his whining that people call him names only to have him call me stupid.  I didnt call him stupid.

I dont deserve to be reprimanded for this.  I totally get and know when I've gone across that line, this isnt one of those times.

You copied and pasted this, I dont see where Im calling him names, just telling him what you told us, stop with the stupid line

Now I'm stupid?

I'll put him on ignore, be done with him and his crying all time.  

On 8/9/2019 at 5:29 PM, slats said:

99% of the time I don't insult but how much can I take before I am allowed to say something back?  There no other explanation of you read what he wrote based on the discussion I was involved with.

• Thumb Down 1

On 8/6/2019 at 10:56 PM, T0mShane said:

Was such a freak as a stand-up OLB off the edge. Then Herm came in with the 4-3 and made him a defensive end where he got nicked up constantly. 

Abraham's rep is kind of a myth generally and definitely with regard to the position thing. He had groin injuries playing end in 2003 and 2006, as he had as a rookie linebacker in 2000. After the last one he got surgery from the guy who basically invented the equivalent of tommy john for core injuries and only missed two games the next seven years, his age 29-35 seasons, until he got a concussion and retired in 2014. In 2004 he caromed a knee off Dewayne Robertson and ended up missing the Steelers game, and the drawn out will he or won't he with Herm saying it was Abraham's decision and changing the injury report even though he knew he wasn't playing is where most of this comes from. I don't think the big picture suggests his being prone to nagging injuries, let alone to the point of requiring explanation, or that his position would be a particularly good one even if it did.

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2019 at 6:16 PM, Peace Frog said:

I’ve heard Mac knew Gettleman was going Barkley come hell or high water at the time of the trade up so he knew he was getting Darnold or Baker. A couple of Radiohead’s have confirmed that. 

Luck that Browns went Baker but zero luck finally getting a FQB.  

Of course he did. Some people think he drank all that coffee to stay awake for Blue Bloods. He was on the phones constantly trying to find where teams were going in the draft. Getting info about the Giants intentions, was probably easier for Mac.

On 8/8/2019 at 12:41 PM, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I am more than okay with this scenario. Macc has my blessings, wish him nothing but the best. 

On 8/9/2019 at 5:29 PM, slats said:

Funny thing is, neither one of these bickering posters would dare speak to each other in person like this, so why do they feel the need to do it here? This is a forum of public opinion. Nobody is brilliant, nobody is stupid, it's just opinions. SMH

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Abraham's rep is kind of a myth generally and definitely with regard to the position thing. He had groin injuries playing end in 2003 and 2006, as he had as a rookie linebacker in 2000. After the last one he got surgery from the guy who basically invented the equivalent of tommy john for core injuries and only missed two games the next seven years, his age 29-35 seasons, until he got a concussion and retired in 2014. In 2004 he caromed a knee off Dewayne Robertson and ended up missing the Steelers game, and the drawn out will he or won't he with Herm saying it was Abraham's decision and changing the injury report even though he knew he wasn't playing is where most of this comes from. I don't think the big picture suggests his being prone to nagging injuries, let alone to the point of requiring explanation, or that his position would be a particularly good one even if it did.

Yes, but he broke my heart because I thought he’d be our Derrick Thomas so I created that narrative to retroactively suit my brittle emotional needs, friend.

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Why can't we all get along?    

Its so much more fun to cry like a baby that youre being called names, when youre not.

And then call people stupid. 

Why?  Because he cant take anymore, who could?

LOL

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Why can't we all get along?    

Him and his buddy do nothing but attack me, the second I attack back they cry and a mod chimes in.  They never chime in the 150 insults before that for some reason.

I get it, they get upset because they cannot attack my info so they attack a stranger who they don't know but I should be able to respond one in a while with a mod taking to me when 99% of the insults come from them toward me.

• Thumb Down 1