"Blockbuster" Trade you would support?

Assuming we'd have to give up "Market Value" in trade compensation, which of these would you support trading for?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you trade for?

• CB Jalen Ramsey
    • EDGE Jadeveon Clowney
    • WR Tyreke Hill
    • LT Trent Williams
    • CB Chris Harris
    • WR AJ Green

Assume you're Joe Douglas, and can make a trade for ONE of the players listed in the poll, all of which have requested trades this offseason OR have been rumored be on the trade block.  Assume that "fair market compensation" would be needed to make the deal happen, whatever that happens to be.  Which would you choose to make a move for?

• CB Jalen Ramsey
  • EDGE JaDeveon Clowney
  • WR Tyreek Hill
  • LT Trent Williams
  • CB Chris Harris
  • WR AJ Green

No Brainer........

Defense & Fumbles

• * Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team All-Pro
  •  
  • ary
  Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       48 48 9 99 1 35 44 1 0 0 0 0   193 169 24 6 1   32
2016 22 JAX cb/RCB 20 16 16 2 65 1 35 14 1 0 0 0 0   65 55 10 2 1   8
2017*+ 23 JAX LCB 20 16 16 4 34 0 18 17             63 52 11 2 0   14
2018* 24 JAX LCB/rcb 20 16 16 3 0 0 0 13             65 62 3 2 0   10
3 playoff games - full playoff gamelogs
  • Upvote 1

Clowney and Harris if “fair market comp” is used....meaning, I don’t want to part with a 1st or 2nd round pick which would likely be the minimum for guys like Ramsey, Trent Williams, etc. Not sure what Clowney would command but his contract demands are what make him a tough trade to get onboard with.

And, I don’t need something that reeks like Tyreek Hill when I have Dortch the Torch, right @BUM-KNEE ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Clowney and Harris if “fair market comp” is used....meaning, I don’t want to part with a 1st or 2nd round pick which would likely be the minimum for guys like Ramsey, Trent Williams, etc. Not sure what Clowney would command but his contract demands are what make him a tough trade to get onboard with.

And, I don’t need something that reeks like Tyreek Hill when I have Dortch the Torch, right @BUM-KNEE ?

?

• Haha 1

i don't mean to be a douche but i feel like if we got the arm breaker after everything, it would seriously make me think about supporting this team as long as he is here. as a parent i just cant see myself supporting him or the decisions makers that would bring him in.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Assume you're Joe Douglas, and can make a trade for ONE of the players listed in the poll, all of which have requested trades this offseason OR have been rumored be on the trade block.  Assume that "fair market compensation" would be needed to make the deal happen, whatever that happens to be.  Which would you choose to make a move for?

• CB Jalen Ramsey
  • EDGE JaDeveon Clowney
  • WR Tyreek Hill
  • LT Trent Williams
  • CB Chris Harris
  • WR AJ Green

reduce poll to 5

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-redskins-refuse-to-field-trade-offers-for-trent-williams-amid-contentious-holdout-030332847.html

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This would be my guess at "market compensation", but what the hell do I know:

• Ramsey:  1st round pick
  • Clowney:  2nd rounder + 5th/6th rounder
  • Hill:  2nd rounder + 5th/6th
  • Williams:  3rd rounder
  • Harris:  2nd rounder
  • Green:  2nd/3rd rounder 

Clowney.

Ramsey is amazing but I want that 1st for a WR next year.  The 1st round is going to yield some studs. Green, Harris, Willams are too old for those picks.  

• Upvote 2

Wheres the none option. Last thing the Jets should do is trade away draft assets for another defensive player. We are an OFFENSIVE minded team now, the days of 13-10 games are gone. Having said that I would consider trading Leo, but only straight up no draft compensation.

• Upvote 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

Wheres the none option. Last thing the Jets should do is trade away draft assets for another defensive player. We are an OFFENSIVE minded team now, the days of 13-10 games are gone. Having said that I would consider trading Leo, but only straight up no draft compensation.

Kinda hard to win games when the offense has to score 35+ points every Sunday 

13 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is the trade I really like.  

I'd offer a 2nd based on talent alone but given that he started this offseason holding out, he's going to command a big contract and he'll be 29 after this season I just couldn't justify giving up a 2. Give them a 3rd and a later pick if needed

39 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

If they could trade a defensive starter of excess (Leo, Williamson) for a defensive starter at a need (CB), that would be a great trade.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This would be my guess at "market compensation", but what the hell do I know:

• Ramsey:  1st round pick
  • Clowney:  2nd rounder + 5th/6th rounder
  • Hill:  2nd rounder + 5th/6th
  • Williams:  3rd rounder 
  • Harris:  2nd rounder
  • Green:  2nd/3rd rounder 

As dire as our CB situation is, a 1st round pick for what is potentially a one year rental for Ramsey would be risky and the definition of shopping while hungry. We'd be banking on him resigning a huge contract and still maintaining the same level of play. High risk/ high reward.

Clowney is another potentially one year rental, but a 2nd + a late round pick is a more palatable risk to take to finally land that elusive pass rusher we've been salivating for. And at only 26, we could maybe hope to get another 3 years of good play out of him while JD tries to find the next guy in the draft. My first choice that balances "flashy" with "frugal".

Having a strong OL when you have your "elite" QB is like having bite-proof body armor in a zombie apocalypse. Its importance cannot be understated enough. A 3rd for Williams is fair value when you consider that a 3rd round pick got us Brian Winters. Would be my second choice.

A 2nd rounder for another 1 year rental of a 30 year old CB (Harris)? Are we that desperate?... Maybe. Probably has a higher chance of resigning with us at decent value than Ramsey.

Despite the perception of our lack of a true #1 WR, I think we're okay at that position for now. Use those picks to find our big receiver in the draft, rather than on a 31 year old who will be breaking down (or retired) once Darnold hits his prime years.

And I'd rather us trade for actual stock in Blockbuster than to trade for that psycho Hill. Character concerns aside, you've gotta question how long before he's arrested or suspended indefinitely.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Clowney.

Ramsey is amazing but I want that 1st for a WR next year.  The 1st round is going to yield some studs. Green, Harris, Willams are too old for those picks.  

Problem with Clowney, though, is that he is playing on the tag this season.  Deadline to offer hime a long term deal for the team acquiring him has passed.  Giving up 2 picks for Clowney who will be a free agent is a bit much for me.  If we still had the ability to sign hm long term, I would look at it differently.

• Upvote 1