Big Ben out for season, Drew Brees to miss 6 weeks

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Elbow surgery will have Ben miss the entire year. This is likely his last dance. Maybe one more year. 

Drew Brees tore a ligament in his thumb and will miss 6 weeks 

Hey, at least we aren’t alone.

Did you miss the fact I had a thread already started for this and you had to start a new one?

• Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Let's see how many snowflakes I can trigger this time.....

Only one man can save the Steelers season.....

raf,750x1000,075,t,202c38:7ab2cf4283.u7.

(On a serious note....this might be his best chance...the Rooney's - creators of the Rooney rule- are about as progressive an ownership you're going to get in the NFL)

Mason Rudolph looked decent out there though.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I wonder if they regret trading away Joshua Dobbs to the Jaguars.  Never hurts to have an additional option in case Rudolph is trash.  

They’ll be needing to draft someone else sometime soon..whether it’s a high round pick or mid rounder. Definitely can’t expect Mason to light the world on fire. I thought he had a real strong arm coming out but needed a lot of work. Raw prospect with a great frame for a QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Mason Rudolph looked decent out there though.

He did, but Teddy B looked terrible.  I wasn't expecting the Steelers to be great this year to begin with (a wild card team was their ceiling IMO) now I cud see the Steelers going 6-10, 7-9 tops.  Even if the Saints lose 4 of the next 6 in Brees absence their season is still salvageable.

• Sympathy 1

I know this will drive people crazy. But if this injury blitz on Qbs continues and starters keep going down they could change the rules on hitting Qbs. No hitting on a Qb at all. In other words partial touch football. They changed the rules on kickoffs. They're for the most part no fun anymore. 

• WTF? 1

26 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Injuries are piling up all over the place. They need to figure these preseason things out

I mean, in the case of Brees, it was kind of a fluke accident.  

While I agree with you that the preseason has to go, you cant attribute his injury to that time..

• Upvote 1

Just now, chrisfaceoff said:

I mean, in the case of Brees, it was kind of a fluke accident.  

While I agree with you that the preseason has to go, you cant attribute his injury to that time..

Maybe but there are a ton more. The Eagles got roasted last night. The Pats have lost a few OL to injury.

They're all over the place

WE will be going to flag football in a few years. The NFL wants to keep their money flow going

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I know this will drive people crazy. But if this injury blitz on Qbs continues and starters keep going down they could change the rules on hitting Qbs. No hitting on a Qb at all. In other words partial touch football. They changed the rules on kickoffs. They're for the most part no fun anymore. 

No kissing either, in Sam’s case

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Let's see how many snowflakes I can trigger this time.....

Only one man can save the Steelers season.....

raf,750x1000,075,t,202c38:7ab2cf4283.u7.

(On a serious note....this might be his best chance...the Rooney's - creators of the Rooney rule- are about as progressive an ownership you're going to get in the NFL)

Kaep is never playing in the league again.

If he was though, hed need a full offseason and training camp.  Being out as long as he has, you could not bring a player like that in mid season.  Would be a waste.  Hed never be ready to play.

Mono sucks. But it could be worse. Heck the Jets got away with having one less week without their starter because of a week 4 bye. Brees will theoretically return after their bye which is 6 weeks from now.

And Thus Bridgewater gets a chance to make his case to be his successor.

• Upvote 2