Offensive line play

Jet hustle

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Good, more of this. Stick Winters ass on the bench for Lewis too. And when Quinnen gets back, stick Leo on the bench soon. Enough of this sh*t already. Too many of these ****s are coasting out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be livid if we even spend $4 million a year to retain Leo at this point.

If you can get even a 6th for this clown, take it.

If not, let him walk straight out the door in the offseason.

• Sympathy 1

I’ll be livid if we even spend $4 million a year to retain Leo at this point.
If you can get even a 6th for this clown, take it.
If not, let him walk straight out the door in the offseason.

I think I’d rather role with Foley and Sheppard at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

2007 was actually far worse. That team had that lazy, fat, f*ck Adrian Clarke? To this day, I've never seen a worse OL play for the Jets. And mind you I remember Vlad Ducasse and Wayne Hunter.

Right on point. This team has questionable talent but 2007 was a good squad hampered by oline deficiencies.

9 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

It's not the talent. There are free runners everywhere. That's not getting beat, that's not knowing your assignments. These guys are lost. And the scheme is bad to boot. I used to coach OL.  These guys going unblocked on the edge? That's by design.  But you cant do that with nfl speed. This team needs to figure out what it wants its line to do, add a fullback for Bell, and get a real blocking TE.  otherwise it's a muddled mess til December. 

This is an excellent analysis.  Our lineman aren't great, but every week I watch teams with less talented players protect their QB better.  Why we didnt have a TE in there to help Beachem is beyond me.  There is something schematic that is causing the confusion with the players and resulting in the unit being worse then the individual pieces.

10 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Been watching the jets for 30 plus years.  This is the worst O line since i can remember.  Am i being over dramatic here?  Chime in.......

no. this group is bad.  they don't block well and aren't picking up their assignments.  beacham was a turnstile.  of course gase could've provided some help against garrett and put in plays that help the qb protect themselves but it didn't happen.

10 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

It's not the talent. There are free runners everywhere. That's not getting beat, that's not knowing your assignments. These guys are lost. And the scheme is bad to boot. I used to coach OL.  These guys going unblocked on the edge? That's by design.  But you cant do that with nfl speed. This team needs to figure out what it wants its line to do, add a fullback for Bell, and get a real blocking TE.  otherwise it's a muddled mess til December. 

Spot on. And some of that is on the QB if they have the right guys in there, which by now they should. If the line is getting beat inside the back needs to pick it up. If outside a TE of Back needs to pick it up. Soooo... how about some 2 TE sets and maybe 2 RB sets and have the QB move them around to cover the D blitzing. But u Need a QB that can read the Defenses and I’m not sure we have one at this time. 

Oh the pain!

49 minutes ago, BCJet said:

This is an excellent analysis.  Our lineman aren't great, but every week I watch teams with less talented players protect their QB better.  Why we didnt have a TE in there to help Beachem is beyond me.  There is something schematic that is causing the confusion with the players and resulting in the unit being worse then the individual pieces.

They call that anti-synergy!

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

Spot on. And some of that is on the QB if they have the right guys in there, which by now they should. If the line is getting beat inside the back needs to pick it up. If outside a TE of Back needs to pick it up. Soooo... how about some 2 TE sets and maybe 2 RB sets and have the QB move them around to cover the D blitzing. But u Need a QB that can read the Defenses and I’m not sure we have one at this time. 

Oh the pain!

Did you watch the Saints after Brees went down. Same OL mess and their OL is deemed one of the best. We need to keep upgrading but these guys are adequate if scheme and communications are addressed.

11 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Been watching the jets for 30 plus years.  This is the worst O line since i can remember.  Am i being over dramatic here?  Chime in.......

Five years of severely OL neglect by  Mac.. Thankfully we have a gm who values the OL, but it will take a few yrs to fix to a respectable level.. hopefully only 2