Darnold not cleared for contact

shuler82

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Jets had the best running attack under Rex Ryan with Mark Sanchez as their QB.

Thanks for proving my point. 

Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez had nothing to do with the Offensive Line being elite.  Literally zero.  

The defense was definitely Rex's doing (though he was certainly helped by having Mangini holdovers Revis, David Harris, etc.).  He took the league by storm with his scheme.  Then they figured out what he was doing and he didn't adjust.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Watching the first game and seeing repeated free runners come unblocked, my first thought was that it's on Sam, but it's been happening consistently no matter who is under center for the Jets. Makes me think the problem lies with Khalil and/or the coaches, because, as bad as the talent is, I don't recall the line being quite this bad a season ago.

It really looks like none of them know what the f*** they're doing out there.

They’re all playing like sh**. The right side with shell and winters is terrible. Khalil is getting tossed around. Beachum is way too inconsistent. Hard to execute a simple play if your guys can’t even get a hand on the man infront of them 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez had nothing to do with the Offensive Line being elite.  Literally zero.  

The defense was definitely Rex's doing (though he was certainly helped by having Mangini holdovers Revis, David Harris, etc.).  He took the league by storm with his scheme.  Then they figured out what he was doing and he didn't adjust.  

fatty GIF

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This.

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The one thing Rex brought to the table with the o-line is he told Schitty to run the piss out of the ball and that was their strength for the most part. So while he didn't make anyone elite, he made them do what they were elite at more frequently - kind of like he did with Revis in Man coverage. That wore defenses down too.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) He hasn't played a game this season where he didn't have a virus.  I'd say that's a good reason not to be negative about him until he gives us a real reason to be this season.  

2) I agree there's a chance he isn't our franchise guy.  A pretty good chance too.  But we're not drafting a new QB anytime soon, so he's the guy we're building around.  Of course we're going to be optimistic that he's "the guy" despite his issues last year.  Because if he's not, we start all over as a franchise.

3) Laughable that you've had it "up to here" with the Darnold fans here.  90 % of your posts are unnecessary jabs at Darnold and repeating the same stuff over and over about how we don't know if Sam is a franchise QB yet and how Lamar Jackson and Josh Rosen have passed him. 

We get it dude.  If you're tired of repeating these points over and over, you severely underestimate how tired we are of hearing them from you.  You're a broken record and I pretty much skip reading all of your Darnold-related posts at this point.  

Wow, this coming from the king of the “broken record” posts, himself. LMAO

1. Forget the incessant Macc stuff, I agreed with you there, but...

2. You were also one of the loudest people here mocking Gettleman and the Giants for taking Daniel Jones back in April. In two short weeks Jones has done what we hoped Darnold would do. Make the team around him look better, and actually win two games.

3. Or when you sound like a broken record to constantly mocking Jamal Adams, who’s actually been to the pro bowl and named 2nd team all nfl, but my questioning Darnold is out of line?

4. BTW I said Mayfield and Jackson have passed him, not Rosen,and they have. I also said Darnold hasn’t done anything to separate himself from Allen and Rosen, and he hasn’t. 

5. This kid missed 3 games last year, is about to miss at least a month this year, and people here want him to sit out the entire season because they’re worried about the OL. Give me a break.

6. I’ve never seen any player in NY Jets history get the pass this kid is getting. I’ll say this one last time. If Mayfield or Allen had ruined their teams season by contracting mono in a NJ bar (don’t give me that dirty spoon nonsense), you would be having a field day with them, and don’t say you wouldn’t.

7. I’m as upset with this season as any I can remember, and if you think I’m going to give Darnold or anyone else who holds this team back a pass, too bad. That isn’t going to happen, and yes, you won’t be the only broken record.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Wow, this coming from the king of the “broken record” posts, himself. LMAO

Forget the incessant Macc stuff, I agreed with you there, but...

You were also one of the loudest people here mocking Gettleman and the Giants for taking Daniel Jones back in April. In two short weeks Jones has done what we hoped Darnold would do. Make the team around him look better, and actually win two games.

Or when you sound like a broken record to constantly mocking Jamal Adams, who’s actually been to the pro bowl and named 2nd team all nfl, but my questioning Darnold is out of line?

BTW I said Mayfield and Jackson have passed him, not Rosen,and they have. I also said Darnold hasn’t done anything to separate himself from Allen and Rosen, and he hasn’t. 

This kid missed 3 games last year, is about to miss at least a month this year, and people here want him to sit out the entire season because they’re worried about the OL. Give me a break.

I’ve never seen any player in NY Jets history get the pass this kid is getting. I’ll say this one last time. If Mayfield or Allen had ruined their teams season by contracting mono in a NJ bar (don’t give me that dirty spoon nonsense), you would be having a field day with them, and don’t say you wouldn’t.

I’m as upset with this season as any I can remember, and if you think I’m going to give Darnold or anyone else who holds this team back a pass, too bad. That isn’t going to happen, and yes, you won’t be the only broken record.

There are 2 untouchables for the Delusional Homer Club.  Gase and darnold.  In their eyes neither can do no wrong.

And the excuses are endless: mono, oline, players around darnold cant get open, tough schedule etc etc etc.  It never ends.

Neither of these guys are rookies and neither deserve a pass.  Gase has already sh!t the bed in my eyes. Dont care who the qb is his playcalling is pathetic.

Now we can evaluate darnold when he comes back but that might be awhile now.  He needs to get back out there soon though cause he has to start producing.  We are not waiting four or five years to find out about this guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

3 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The worst part about the Darnold injury is that it gives Gase a built in excuse. I fully expect him to be back next year unless the team goes 2-14 or worse. 

Yeah, thats the worst part.

Exactly what I was thinking because every coach would be able to win with their third string QB just off the practice squad? 

Gase isnt going anywhere and no HC should be fired after one year.  No matter how much you wanted McCarthy, Ruhle or Kingsberry.  

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There are 2 untouchables for the Delusional Homer Club.  Gase and darnold.  In their eyes neither can do no wrong.

And the excuses are endless: mono, oline, players around darnold cant get open, tough schedule etc etc etc.  It never ends.

Neither of these guys are rookies and neither deserve a pass.  Gase has already sh!t the bed in my eyes. Dont care who the qb is his playcalling is pathetic.

Now we can evaluate darnold when he comes back but that might be awhile now.  He needs to get back out there soon though cause he has to start producing.  We are not waiting four or five years to find out about this guy.

Only a total fool makes fun of fans who rightfully understand that darnod is untouchable

Yes, mono isnt an excuse, youre so smart.  Why are you even arguing over a QB who isnt playing due to mono and then saying its an excuse.  Have you watched the 3 games we've played?  Heres a clue Sam wears # 14. 

The rest is total fantasy

In fact only a delusional old man, one who wanted Leinart, Manziel etc, who sand the prasies od Stedman would make this comment in the first place.  

20 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You’re a troll.

Getting a “pass” implies that he should be receiving criticism that he is not- for the what? Getting a disease?!! The **** is wrong with you? 

Sam Darnold has earned praise.

He was the top ranked QB in the NFL for 4 weeks to end the season. With a team that was significantly less talented than this one- which is saying something. 

Not to mention 3 other games last year with a QB rating of over 100. 

He had a spectacular offseason/pre season. Played at 80% vs Bills and put up the best performance of any QB vs they team. How did Brady do against them? 

If you want cum your pants over Jones go ahead- what exactly was so impressive about his 2 pick performance yesterday?

Have you not seen how effing dis functional this team is without Darnold? He’ll, it’s making me think he should be MVP if this team is competitive when he gets back. 

Your act is tired. Praise other young QBs, put down Darnold, repeat.

Sorry but I’m not in the mood to even read your nonsense today nico.

Go argue your “Sam is the bestest” bs with someone else.

I respect @Jetsfan80 enough to debate this topic with him, but you, not so much.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

SAR has a lot of money on the Jets making the playoffs.  He's willing to kill off our QB to try to make that happen.  

Make the ginger play!  It's not like he has a soul anyways!

If the Wilpons owned the Jets, Darnold would be starting this week.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, thats the worst part.

Exactly what I was thinking because every coach would be able to win with their third string QB just off the practice squad? 

Gase isnt going anywhere and no HC should be fired after one year.  No matter how much you wanted McCarthy, Ruhle or Kingsberry.  

I mean no one reasonable expects wins from this team, but it might be nice to do something about allowing unblocked free rushers as much as they are when that is a coachable issue. Might also be nice to not be running the league’s worst passing offense as an offensive coach. 

5 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Bring him back when he’s 100% healthy and not a second before that. It took us years to get him in not risking it in an already lost season 

Sam Darnold has a 4 year contract.  If we can't validate Sam as a legitimate franchise quarterback until Year #3, we have exactly 1 year left under his rookie deal to build a Super Bowl caliber roster before he gets a massive contract and we can't afford to surround him with the right talent.

Great QB's in the modern NFL get all the money and that means they don't get enough skill position players, OL men, or a D worth a crap around them.  We need THIS to be the year of proof so that we can go crazy spending money and attracting the right talent in Year #3 and Year #4 before the window slams shut.

So we can't IR him.  He's got to come back and play the last 8 or 10 games, whatever.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

life's short, why not root for the bills/giants or another team with a young QB you like?

Just now, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold has a 4 year contract.  If we can't validate Sam as a legitimate franchise quarterback until Year #3, we have exactly 1 year left under his rookie deal to build a Super Bowl caliber roster before he gets a massive contract and we can't afford to surround him with the right talent.

Great QB's in the modern NFL get all the money and that means they don't get enough skill position players, OL men, or a D worth a crap around them.  We need THIS to be the year of proof so that we can go crazy spending money and attracting the right talent in Year #3 and Year #4 before the window slams shut.

So we can't IR him.  He's got to come back and play the last 8 or 10 games, whatever.

SAR I

given that SAM has blown this year for us with mono i would hope he takes a team friendly deal for his next contract :-)

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR I

I agree but he’s gotta prove it when he’s 100%. He gets hit/lands the wrong way and it could become so much more serious. If he’s 100% and doesn’t perform then we’re ****ed but if we put him out there too soon and he doesn’t perform we’re ****ed too I’d rather him be 100% or damn near close to it.  

39 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

6. I’ve never seen any player in NY Jets history get the pass this kid is getting. I’ll say this one last time. If Mayfield or Allen had ruined their teams season by contracting mono in a NJ bar (don’t give me that dirty spoon nonsense), you would be having a field day with them, and don’t say you wouldn’t.

This is silly. The guy is younger than Dwayne Haskins and has played less than a full NFL season. What pass? You might want to rethink this one. 

And knocking someone for getting mono? Really? It’s just bad luck, fella 

The ‘Sam is at fault for getting mono’ crowd is pretty entertaining. From all reports since USC he’s been an upstanding kid, and I’m pretty sure  he has a girlfriend. Yet according to some he had to be out rawdawgin’ Staten Island chicks at sleezy NJ nightclubs... because that’s the only way you could possibly contract mono. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JetNation said:

On the plus side of things, it sounds as if Gase is going to start having players compete for playing time from this point onward, starting the best players on Sundays.

Gase said they are “competing” this week on the offensive line and they will put the best 5 guys out there on Sunday. #nyj

— Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) September 30, 2019

Previously, Gase handed out some jobs to tenured veterans such as Ryan Kalil, Brian Winters and Brandon Shell.  With a new approach, don’t be surprised if we see at least one major change on the O-line (Jonotthan Harrison over Kalil) with the possibility of Winters and Shell losing some reps to the likes of Tom Compton, Alex Lewis or rookie Chuma Edoga.  

This should have been the case. Placating vets is a sign of weakness. Playing time should never have been handed out irrespective of performance.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

The ‘Sam is at fault for getting mono’ crowd is pretty entertaining. From all reports since USC he’s been an upstanding kid, and I’m pretty sure  he has a girlfriend. Yet according to some he had to be out rawdawgin’ Staten Island chicks at sleezy NJ nightclubs... because that’s the only way you could possibly contract mono. 

Yep, Darnold isn’t a franchise QB because he got mono at 22 years old. What an irresponsible jerk.

It’s comical.