Darnold not cleared for contact

shuler82

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This new Bit is a hoot. You pick Sam Darnold of all players to cross over for. Interesting approach. I feel like you are a wrestler that was a nice guy for years and now you are playing the role of villian. :)

Miss Elizabeth perhaps? 

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR was right.  So right.  And he was right about Sanchez too.  No, no......not about him being some great HOF quarterback, but better than we'd had prior and certainly better than we've had since.

Ask yourself what things might have been like if we never dabbled with Tebow, never drafted Geno, never got Mark hurt, and got a decent OC not named Sporano in here.  There is a very high likelihood that we make the playoffs a few more times, maybe get lucky like we did in '09 and '10 again.  There aren't that many quarterbacks born with postseason DNA and Sanchez was one of them.

SAR I

You're a horrible person.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's easily communicable if you are acting like an a-hole 

fans don't want to blame Sam for anything 

because if we actually judge 14 by his actions or his play so far,  instead of what we think/hope/pray he can be 

that's not fun at all 

I disagree with just about everything in your post including your lack of punctuation.

I will not hold Darnold at fault for getting sick.

I will also continue to judge him by his play.

1931140561_ScreenShot2019-09-30at11_54_31AM.png.689dde337db38acbc3ac731d3caf36bd.png

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

through the air (a cough or sneeze) mono is not all that contagious... it's not like measles or even the common cold 

though saliva it's VERY Contagious 

Look i don't care if he got it because of Bad luck and leprechauns

there's no excuse for a non football injury to the Franchise QB 

NONE  

I’ll be sure to bring that up with the viruses and bacteria at our semi-annual Doctor’s and Pathogens for the protection of franchises QBs retreat in Malibu this year. Must have been an oversight. The viruses are busy, what with flu season ramping up. Easy mistake. 

15 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I’ll be sure to bring that up with the viruses and bacteria at our semi-annual Doctor’s and Pathogens for the protection of franchises QBs retreat in Malibu this year. Must have been an oversight. The viruses are busy, what with flu season ramping up. Easy mistake. 

2000 NFL players a season manage to NOT GET MONO 

the only other QB who ever got it (and admitted to it )

was Chris Chandler and it essentially ruined his career (Steve McNair took the job and never looked back) 

I feel like the same Jets fans telling me it's not Sams fault he got sick were also the ones saying Geno Smith was a nice guy who  didn't deserve a poke to the jaw 

apologists loyalists whatever you want to be called I have only one question for you 

WHY? what has Sam or this franchise done in the last 50 years to earn your trust? 

not a rhetorical question 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

what has Sam or this franchise done in the last 50 years to earn your trust? 

It's mind boggling. Handful of Homer's on this site praise everything we do as if it was 100% the correct and smart move. Meanwhile year after year each season 95% of the moves fail. We are 50 years removed from our only SB. This team doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt ever. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

was Chris Chandler and it essentially ruined his career (Steve McNair took the job and never looked back) 

I feel like the same Jets fans telling me it's not Sams fault he got sick were also the ones saying Geno Smith was a nice guy who  didn't deserve a poke to the jaw 

apologists loyalists whatever you want to be called I have only one question for you 

WHY? what has Sam or this franchise done in the last 50 years to earn your trust? 

Your continued doubling and tripling down on this line of attack really suggests that you don't get to kiss as many pretty girls as a 22 year old with $30M in the bank, and that you're a little envious. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Your continued doubling and tripling down on this line of attack really suggests that you don't get to kiss as many pretty girls as a 22 year old with $30M in the bank, and that you're a little envious. 

the exact opposite my friend

I don't care if he's Walt Chamberlain as long as he doesn't miss a game 

Lawrence Taylor could literally smoke crack in the locker room he'd still be my choice for OLB. 

I don't care what they do off the field as long as it doesn't affect what happens on the field 

kids like Darnold come and go. He's like Sanchez's irresponsibility crossed with Chad's durability. 

and on a personal note, my libido shrinks yearly

the idea of talking with a phone addicted vocal fry 19 year old let alone doing anything with them (Sweaty, mono infested) sounds exhausting  

at this point i care so little about smashing genitals with the opposite sex i spend most of my free time on Jets football boards 

it's all about the games and it's really all about the wins 

Sam isn't getting better missing time with Mono 

but I will admit to one biological imperative: 

we all don't have as much time as we think to stomach endless rebuilds or seasons that end in September before Summer officially does 

Whether or not getting Mono is something Darnold should be accountable for is one debate.

But this idea that we should turn on him or give up on him is idiotic. He's the best QB prospect we've drafted since I've been alive and he showed that promise at the end of last season despite being on a generally talent poor team. The number 1, 2 and 3 objectives on this team should be to support and build around him to see if we can maximize his potential.

Wtf you can get Mono from hanging out with your friends kids.  It’s pretty common and not at all indicative of anything...  

I still don’t think people really realize that it’s more than just the rupture of the spleen (although that’s the primary danger), but also a problem for performance.  Basically it feels like one of the deepest fatigues you’ll ever experience and while you can play through it, you won’t be the same athlete.

its been a few weeks so he might be 100% fine, but don’t be completely surprised if he sucks and is benched.

• Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Dude. Getting mono doesn't make Darnold a carbon copy of Chris Chandler. And having a non-football injury also doesn't make Darnold the next Geno.  

We've seen Darnold play QB. He's 100% NFL capable and by all accounts a good locker room guy. How in the world a Jet fan, with all the issues our team has, could wonder about finding a new Qb is beyond me.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Never once have I called Sam a franchise QB. I was merely poking fun at your comical attempt at explaining how people should avoid communicable diseases. You leave the doctoring to us, and we'll leave the evaluation of offensive lineman pancakes to you. 

53 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the exact opposite my friend

I don't care if he's Walt Chamberlain as long as he doesn't miss a game 

Lawrence Taylor could literally smoke crack in the locker room he'd still be my choice for OLB. 

I don't care what they do off the field as long as it doesn't affect what happens on the field 

kids like Darnold come and go. He's like Sanchez's irresponsibility crossed with Chad's durability. 

and on a personal note, my libido shrinks yearly

the idea of talking with a phone addicted vocal fry 19 year old let alone doing anything with them (Sweaty, mono infested) sounds exhausting  

at this point i care so little about smashing genitals with the opposite sex i spend most of my free time on Jets football boards 

it's all about the games and it's really all about the wins 

Sam isn't getting better missing time with Mono 

but I will admit to one biological imperative: 

we all don't have as much time as we think to stomach endless rebuilds or seasons that end in September before Summer officially does 

wat