Darnold not cleared for contact

shuler82

8 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Who the eff is suggesting sitting him for the year? Holy sh*t we are 0-3 not 0-13. If Sam doesn’t play this week he’ll play the week after that. This isn’t that complicated.

I've read that numerous times the past few weeks, but how much of it was serious and how much was tongue-in-cheek, I can't say.

17 minutes ago, deucebag said:

The Jets organization blew this whole rebuild.  We now have an apparent franchise QB, but of our other 21 starters, maybe about 6 of them would actually start on another team.  What if the Jets end up with the #1 pick and Tua sitting there waiting to be drafted - do you trade that pick for a haul or draft Tua and trade Darnold to a team that is a franchise QB away from a Super Bowl - like Chicago or Dallas?

I think you know the answer to this one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Wow, this coming from the king of the “broken record” posts, himself. LMAO

1. Forget the incessant Macc stuff, I agreed with you there, but...

2. You were also one of the loudest people here mocking Gettleman and the Giants for taking Daniel Jones back in April. In two short weeks Jones has done what we hoped Darnold would do. Make the team around him look better, and actually win two games.

3. Or when you sound like a broken record to constantly mocking Jamal Adams, who’s actually been to the pro bowl and named 2nd team all nfl, but my questioning Darnold is out of line?

4. BTW I said Mayfield and Jackson have passed him, not Rosen,and they have. I also said Darnold hasn’t done anything to separate himself from Allen and Rosen, and he hasn’t. 

5. This kid missed 3 games last year, is about to miss at least a month this year, and people here want him to sit out the entire season because they’re worried about the OL. Give me a break.

6. I’ve never seen any player in NY Jets history get the pass this kid is getting. I’ll say this one last time. If Mayfield or Allen had ruined their teams season by contracting mono in a NJ bar (don’t give me that dirty spoon nonsense), you would be having a field day with them, and don’t say you wouldn’t.

7. I’m as upset with this season as any I can remember, and if you think I’m going to give Darnold or anyone else who holds this team back a pass, too bad. That isn’t going to happen, and yes, you won’t be the only broken record.

At least when it came to Macc, there was 5 years' worth of evidence that said he sucked.  With Darnold you're basing your opinion on him on 1 season + 1 game.

I suspect we're going to see some rough games coming up for Daniel Jones.  He was inaccurate in college, not totally dissimilar from Josh Allen, so its hard to believe he's corrected that and will be a can't miss guy from here on out.  Let's give that one time.  

The rest of the stuff you posted is much of the same you've stated for like a year.  Keep posting it, it really makes your posts worth reading the more you repeat yourself.  We get it.  Darnold has proven nothing.  I don't disagree.  He also hasn't done enough on the negative end to suggest he's an inferior prospect to the other guys in his class or the next one.  This is a marathon, not a sprint.  

• Upvote 1

I’m just glad the change of uniforms worked out so well. So glad it marked a changing of the guard. A move away from the old SOJ’s mentality..

That it is not at all going to be remembered, or linked with perhaps the most putrid season in Jets history. 

I wonder what the lowest number of points scored is in a single season, in the modern NFL era?

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Max Contract quarterbacks don't win Super Bowls.  Has to happen on the rookie deal.  2019 highest paid quarterbacks are:

1. Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $35 million
2. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $34 million
3. Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $33.5 million
4. Eagles QB Carson Wentz: $32 million
5. Falcons QB Matt Ryan: $30 million
6. Vikings QB Kirk Cousins: $28 million
7. 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5 million
8. Lions QB Matthew Stafford: $27 million
9. Raiders QB Derek Carr: $25 million
10. Saints QB Drew Brees: $25 million

Of the Top 10, only 3 made the playoffs last year and only 1 won a playoff game.  And as of right now, only 4 are tracking to sniff the playoffs this year.

SAR I

hmmm.....as of now the guys I bolded are all playing for winning teams tracking towards the playoffs this year.

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We are 0-3 and Darnold has played one game while suffering from a communicable disease. You are one of my favorites but, “Come on man!” 

5 Sun, Oct 6 1:00 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $148 
6 Sun, Oct 13
vsDallasDallas
4:25 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $85 
7 Mon, Oct 21 8:15 PM
espn-red@2x.png
Tickets as low as $46 
8 Sun, Oct 27 1:00 PM
CBS
Tickets as low as $25 

IDK Bro, any given Sunday is one thing, but even before the season started most felt it would be an incredible feat to go 2-2 in the next four.  All four teams have great pass rushes and CBs who can cover.  Knowing what we now know (Enuwa out, awful O, awful CBs and no pass rush)  how can you say an 0-7 start is not likely?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At least when it came to Macc, there was 5 years' worth of evidence that said he sucked.  With Darnold you're basing your opinion on him on 1 season + 1 game.

I suspect we're going to see some rough games coming up for Daniel Jones.  He was inaccurate in college, not totally dissimilar from Josh Allen, so its hard to believe he's corrected that and will be a can't miss guy from here on out.  Let's give that one time.  

The rest of the stuff you posted is much of the same you've stated for like a year.  Keep posting it, it really makes your posts worth reading the more you repeat yourself.  We get it.  Darnold has proven nothing.  I don't disagree.  He also hasn't done enough on the negative end to suggest he's an inferior prospect to the other guys in his class or the next one.  This is a marathon, not a sprint.  

Ok, that's fair. Maybe I'm over reacting because I had such a good feeling about this season. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think we were going to make the playoffs, but I thought Darnold was going to probably take that second year step forward that the good QBs do and we could win between 7-9 games. After todays news I'm even more frustrated with this disaster of a season then I was, and I thought I'd reached my limit already.

You mentioned it being only 1+ season, but the best way I can describe my frustration with Darnold is this. Go back to last year, lets say May 1, a couple of days after the draft. If you asked fans of the Browns, Ravens and the Giants if they would trade their #1 picks for Darnold, I'd say the answer would be Browns 50%, Ravens 90% and Giants about 60%.

Do it today, and I don't think the answer would be over 10% for any of them. That's concerning to me.

Maybe it comes off here that I'm trolling, but I'm not. I want to see this team win very badly. I have maybe 20-ish seasons left in me if God is good. I don't have the time or patience for many more "rebuilds". I want to get to see one extended run of good football. Forgive me if I'm not as patient with potential FQBs as you younger guys are.   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Generally, I’d agree, but he’s got the mono and there’s not much they can do about that. If he can grow by taking a bunch of snaps in no-contact situations for a month and then come back for the last four weeks, and in doing so guarantee the team a top-3 pick, that’s not the worst thing 

But I wanted us to win the division this year.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Ok, that's fair. Maybe I'm over reacting because I had such a good feeling about this season. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think we were going to make the playoffs, but I thought Darnold was going to probably take that second year step forward that the good QBs do and we could win between 7-9 games. After todays news I'm even more frustrated with this disaster of a season then I was, and I thought I'd reached my limit already.

The best way I can describe my frustration with Darnold is this. Go back to last year, lets say May 1, a couple of days after the draft. If you asked fans of the Browns, Ravens and the Giants if they would trade their #1 picks for Darnold, I'd say the answer would be Browns 50%, Ravens 90% and Giants about 60%.

Do it today, and I don't think the answer would be over 10% for any of them. That's concerning to me.

Maybe it comes off here that I'm trolling, but I'm not. I want to see this team win very badly. I have maybe 20-25 seasons left in me if God is good. I don't have the time or patience for many more "rebuilds". I want to get to see one extended run of good football. Forgive me if I'm not as patient with potential FQBs as you younger guys are.   

Patience is all we've got.  If Darnold isn't the guy we're back to square one.  So might as well hope he is and just see what happens.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, deucebag said:
CBS
Tickets as low as $148 
6 Sun, Oct 13
vsDallasDallas
CBS
Tickets as low as $85 
espn-red@2x.png
Tickets as low as $46 
CBS
Tickets as low as $25 

IDK Bro, any given Sunday is one thing, but even before the season started most felt it would be an incredible feat to go 2-2 in the next four.  All four teams have great pass rushes and CBs who can cover.  Knowing what we now know (Enuwa out, awful O, awful CBs and no pass rush)  how can you say an 0-7 start is not likely?

The Jets are not a good enough team to go on the road and beat a good team. They are  NOT beating Jacksonville and Philly on the road. Dallas is without their LT for a while, so that's the game they need to win, but Dallas will likely lose again to GB next week so they'll be looking to get healthy vs the Jets.

1-6 is best case scenario.

53 minutes ago, deucebag said:

The Jets organization blew this whole rebuild.  We now have an apparent franchise QB, but of our other 21 starters, maybe about 6 of them would actually start on another team.  What if the Jets end up with the #1 pick and Tua sitting there waiting to be drafted - do you trade that pick for a haul or draft Tua and trade Darnold to a team that is a franchise QB away from a Super Bowl - like Chicago or Dallas?

Trade the pick for a haul.  Double-down on Sam.  He's a good kid.  Complete focus on football.  MILFY mom.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, deucebag said:
CBS
Tickets as low as $148 
6 Sun, Oct 13
vsDallasDallas
CBS
Tickets as low as $85 
espn-red@2x.png
Tickets as low as $46 
CBS
Tickets as low as $25 

Likely yes. Anything to do with Sam Darnold? Child please! 

5 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Odds that Gase adjusts his playcalling instead of blaming his players? 

you can't have it both ways.  you can't say players like kalil, winters, beachum aren't doing their jobs or aren't any good and then chastise the coach for blaming the players (if that's what he did).  i do think the players can be effective and the main issue is they haven't played together very long but i'm not ruling out that the players are wrong for the scheme or just aren't good enough.

47 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Damn, there goes the perfect season. Keep him out until he's healthy as they aren't playing for anything, oh wait, their pride.

Sam needs to get 16 weeks worth of experience in the last 10 weeks so that next year we can compete for a Super Bowl.

We must prove the Sam theorem.  That's the goal for 2019 if he can't return Sunday and beat the Eagles.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

The Jets are not a good enough team to go on the road and beat a good team. They are  NOT beating Jacksonville and Philly on the road. Dallas is without their LT for a while, so that's the game they need to win, but Dallas will likely lose again to GB next week so they'll be looking to get healthy vs the Jets.

1-6 is best case scenario.

The Jets are 1-12 in our last 13. 

But we're better than that.

SAR I

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I will fight you ! 

Fight all you want, but Mark Sanchez is better than and accomplished more than half the guys in the Jets Ring Of Honor.  That cannot be disputed.

If Darnold is out for weeks or the year we need an experienced NFL quarterback.  Mark Sanchez is atop the list of those available.  It would definitely energize the crowd, get us excited again.

SAR I

• Haha 1