So how do we all feel about Gase after today?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You were wrong about Darnold and wrong about Gase and so you've ruined the next decade of Jets dominance for yourself.

Good job.  Just brilliant.  The price you pay for getting caught up in silly forum prediction contests vs. pure fandom.

SAR I

You should read my posts if you're going to try to summarize my opinion.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

.....there's something about the SOJF Victim's Brigade that I just don't get:

What is their endgame?

Meaning, there will come a day that the Jets are rebuilt and win the division consistently and go out and win a Super Bowl.  And they are painting themselves in a corner where if that all happens a) without the HC they predicted, and b) without the QB they preferred, and c) under an owner they don't like.......then it all will suck.

So there IS no point to their fandom.  They just root to be "right", for their own predictions to be validated, for this game of Cowherd Bayless Francesa they play in their minds to square up.  So their endgame is nothing but misery.  If the Jets won the Super Bowl this year they would jump off a bridge.  Isn't that stupid?  What an amazing waste of time.

SAR I

You seem to care alot about how others express fandom.  

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but my "endgame" is the same as any other fan.  An unrelenting loyalty, and desire to see my favorite team win games, make the playoffs and win a Super Bowl title (or ten). 

That's why the poor decisions we make, poor coaches we may hire, poor players we may draft, poor decisions we may make, and most of all the rampant losing we have done for so very many of my forty years of fandom plain old sucks, and doesn't deserve sugar coating.  Calling a bad coach/player/decision bad doesn't reduce a fans hope that the coach/player/decision will come around, or better, that that coach/player will be replaced by a better coach/player, or a better decision will be made next time.  Hope springs eternal, but franchise management is a business, like any other.  It can be rationally and objectively analyzed, and failures understood.

Be assured SAR, you don't have to worry about how other fans will feel the day we're rebuilt, and win divisions consistently, nor concern yourself with claiming who gets to enjoy a win or who doesn't.  If and when that Super Bowl winning era comes, you can be assured it will be amazing, spectacular, wondrous, no matter what you say or think.  No corners, no bridge jumping, no "be right" or not concerns, no suck.

Till then, I (for one) will keep calling it as I see it during the week, and rooting hard for wins on gameday.    Same as always.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, A Jet from Oz said:

Pretty much everything we've said on this forum about Gase since the season began - bad play caller, playing it too safe, no throws downfield, runs an offense that won't work in the modern NFL - was defeated today.

He called a great game, showed some 'balls' instead of being too conservative (which IMO changed the flow of the game), and Darnold looked like a different QB out there today.... even when compared with his last 4 games last season.

So how do we all feel about Adam Gase? Have we found our answer at OC/HC, or will we want his head on a platter by end of season?

The real lesson here is.... 95% of play calling is dependent on your QB. Do you really think Brian Schottenheimer would have looked as bad as he did if he had Sammy instead of Mark Sanchez?

Its one game.  His record is 1-4.  lets see if this team plays competitively going forward.  Lets seem a team that is well coached, prepared and can execute the GP.  Then ask the Q....   I have a concern about his resume,,,so until he changes that by winning then I 'll remain skeptical about him as the LT answer as a HC. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2019 at 10:18 PM, SAR I said:

If you hated on Gase last week and wanted him fired last week, you don't get to enjoy today's victory.  Sucks to win, I know.  But SOJF's are going to have to get used to it as uncomfortable for them as it may be.

SAR I

Sorry SAR I, but you don't get to enjoy tonight's loss.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm not.  Like a true Jets fan, this is upsetting.

SAR I

Maybe next home game try cheering a little louder. I saw Fireman Ed was doing his part but the rest of the STH’s were practically silent after Brady’s opening TD drive. I blame them and them alone. But in particular, you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll sum it up for ya’all. The Jets even had the refs on their side last night and couldn’t even muster up a ******* field goal.
I don't believe the refs were in the jets side. The pats didn't really get any penalties until after the game was over. Did they just start getting sloppy after they put up 20 points?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maybe next home game try cheering a little louder. I saw Fireman Ed was doing his part but the rest of the STH’s were practically silent after Brady’s opening TD drive. I blame them and them alone. But in particular, you. 

There wouldn't have been 10,000 Patriots fans in the stadium last night if you and your whining make-believe Jets fan friends bothered to show up.  If not, turn up the volume on your 2004 plasma TV and try Pop Tarts instead of pretzels, they're a lot quieter.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

I don't believe the refs were in the jets side. The pats didn't really get any penalties until after the game was over. Did they just start getting sloppy after they put up 20 points?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Usually the cheats get all the calls. I think they didn’t want too many more people changing the channel

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There wouldn't have been 10,000 Patriots fans in the stadium last night if you and your whining make-believe Jets fan friends bothered to show up.  If not, turn up the volume on your 2004 plasma TV and try Pop Tarts instead of pretzels, they're a lot quieter.

SAR I

When the TV watchers pay their cable bill, tbeir responsibility to the team Is complete.  

• Upvote 1

This isn’t anything new. No matter how many refute it. I’ve been invited to midget games and it is similar. It is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im not a gase fan but last night was not his fault.  The qb gave us no chance to win.  He was terrible.

Sam was terrible, but given the blitzers running unimpeded to the QB and the lack of adjustments in blocking or play calling to neutralize the blitzers, you are saying that none of that was Gase's fault?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Sam was terrible, but given the blitzers running unimpeded to the QB and the lack of adjustments in blocking or play calling to neutralize the blitzers, you are saying that none of that was Gase's fault?

The team was having difficulty picking up the blitz when they went with the empty backfield. Gase can make the case that they shouldn't have had a problem. But they were. Yet Gase kept calling the no back look. Really wasn't a good night for Gase either.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

The team was having difficulty picking up the blitz when they went with the empty backfield. Gase can make the case that they shouldn't have had a problem. But they were. Yet Gase kept calling the no back look. Really wasn't a good night for Gase either.

That's like saying the captain of the Titanic had an off night.....

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

That's like saying the captain of the Titanic had an off night.....

Actually I get the joke but I don't think it makes sense lol.Gase right now hasn't proven he is good at anything, anywhere he has been. If they created a new Titanic the captain would be someone better than Gase. He wouldn't even get that job.

Edward John Smith (27 January 1850 – 15 April 1912) was a British naval officer. He served as master of numerous White Star Line vessels. He was the captain of the RMS Titanic, and perished when the ship sank on its maiden voyage.

Edward Smith had success before the Titanic. Really can't say the same about Gase.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

This isn’t anything new. No matter how many refute it. I’ve been invited to midget games and it is similar. It is what it is.

For the record, I’m not actually criticizing STH’s. I’m just redirecting SAR I’s nonsense back to him. 

For the record, I’m not actually criticizing STH’s. I’m just redirecting SAR I’s nonsense back to him. 

I’m not either(since I’m one). Just in general, I’ve had plenty of guests that felt the TG had more action than the crowd.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Up yours you elitist prick.funny goat GIF

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Actually there would not have been 10,000 Pats Fans there if your exalted Season Ticket Holder Real Fans showed up instead of selling their tix on StubHub you elitist scumbag. My props to the Season Ticket guys who did show up and were there for the team and not the so-called guys who are Season Tickets holders like this fake fan @SAR I