Time to Focus on Minshaw & the Jags

Gotta put that debacle that occured last night behind us n look to next weeks game against the Jags. First n foremost how is Sam gonna comeback from his meltdown. Is he gonna have the yips again or can he put a solid game together against n average defense. Gase has to get his head out of his ass n start getting creative. Plus Herndon may play. This defense got picked apart by Brady. Can def see Minshaw giving the Jets problems along with Chark n Westbrook. He can sling it as well as run it. Fournette is a beast. We all know he'll be hard to contain & can go off.  Im certainly not confident about this game. 50/50 can go either way. How do you guys feel?

• Upvote 1

the spread is 4.5 points and that's after a horrible defeat on national TV.  

so this means in a neutral field it's probably a 1-2 point spread game, basically a 50/50.  we come out with an early lead we can neutralize the home field advantage.

We also need the big south florida fan base to head over to jacksonville and help our team out.  

jacksonville's next three games are division rivals and also a overseas game.  after the beating on national TV i am hoping that the jacksonville jaguars look ahead and don't focus 100% on this "easy" win.  

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Gotta put that debacle that occurred last night behind us n look to next weeks game against the Jags. First n foremost how is Sam gonna comeback from his meltdown. Is he gonna have the yips again or can he put a solid game together against n average defense. Gase has to get his head out of his ass n start getting creative. Plus Herndon may play. This defense got picked apart by Brady. Can def see Minshaw giving the Jets problems along with Chark n Westbrook. He can sling it as well as run it. Fournette is a beast. We all know he'll be hard to contain & can go off.  I'm certainly not confident about this game. 50/50 can go either way. How do you guys feel?

Average defense? What NFL are you watching

26 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

the spread is 4.5 points and that's after a horrible defeat on national TV.  

so this means in a neutral field it's probably a 1-2 point spread game, basically a 50/50.  we come out with an early lead we can neutralize the home field advantage.

We also need the big south florida fan base to head over to jacksonville and help our team out.  

jacksonville's next three games are division rivals and also a overseas game.  after the beating on national TV i am hoping that the jacksonville jaguars look ahead and don't focus 100% on this "easy" win.  

This won't happen. You do remember who their coach is, right? And his hatred of the Jets? Going for 2 pts late in the game last year when they were up double digits? No shot this happens.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

Jags are gonna copy what the Pats did to Darnold - send more than we can block and go man. Jets priority should be practicing how to beat that defense. 

i believe this was Sam and Gases plan all along.  as you know, we didn't need the pats game to make the playoffs.  so they played bad and now all teams are going to do this blitz rush.  

but sam has a plan all along to beat this and it will show up in Jacksonville :-)

It depends on the Oline and Gase’s game plan. The Jags passrush is good enough to disrupt Darnold if they do the same sh*t they did against the Pats. If they run at the OLBs, do quick passes and screens the Jets defense can hold the Jags to a low enough score for the Jets to win. 20 - 17

Leonard Fournette is the key to the Jags offense. He averages over 6 yards a carry in the 4th quarter, stop him and make Minshew pass. 

I just have a hard time seeing this offense move the ball against Jacksonville, especially in Jacksonville. 

I could see our defense playing well (can't be any worse then they were in the first half on Monday night) and keeping it close, but I have a really hard time seeing us winning. 

Surprisingly., I feel pretty confident. I DID NOT feel very confident about the Pats game. I did not expect it to turn out the way it did but I was not very confident.

Defensively I think Greg Williams will be a lot more comfortable being aggressive against Minshew and will force him to make plays. Per usual I have concerns with our outside CBs- Trumaine can't hang with most starting WRs in the league and Roberts is average at best. But they do play a lot better in an aggressive defense where they arent stuck on an island for a long time. Against the run I think our D-line has looked solid the past few games despite Zeke getting hot in the second half of the Dallas game. But Leo, QW, Phillips, Fatukasi, McLendon- these guys are really stout against the run in the middle. The key will be for our LBs to set the edge against Fournette on the outside (I assume Mosley will be out) but thats where Maye and Adams have really helped out as of late. I actually think the Jets can measure up well defensively against the Jags. 

Offensively it will be tough. A lot of the same questions will arise. Can the O-line protect Sam? The Jags have a great pass rush and they saw what happened in NE and I can't imagine them not trying to replicate that by blitzing him on a regular basis. At least until he starts to beat the blitz. So- can Gase scheme knowing full well that is what's coming? 

This game will hinge on how Gase can prepare and scheme for the pressure that this defense will put on Sam and how Sam and the O-line can execute under said pressure. As simple as that. That includes 3rd down conversions to prolong drives. It includes minimizing turnovers. It includes the O-line communication protection and Sam communication defensive alignments- all of that.      

17 hours ago, FlightBoyz said:

Gotta put that debacle that occured last night behind us n look to next weeks game against the Jags. First n foremost how is Sam gonna comeback from his meltdown. Is he gonna have the yips again or can he put a solid game together against n average defense. Gase has to get his head out of his ass n start getting creative. Plus Herndon may play. This defense got picked apart by Brady. Can def see Minshaw giving the Jets problems along with Chark n Westbrook. He can sling it as well as run it. Fournette is a beast. We all know he'll be hard to contain & can go off.  Im certainly not confident about this game. 50/50 can go either way. How do you guys feel?

Yes, you are right. In the world of ups and downs and sever adversity we all go through we all always have to regroup and get up feeling today is a new day. If we stay in this mentally lets see if a few matchups are in our favor. Fournette is real good, but we stop the run pretty well as we are ranked 10 stopping the rush and 14th overall. If we can limit the Jags in running then we need to generate some heat on Minshaw though it is tough with QBs who run. Then on O we need to handle if they are sending blitzes as a 1st priority, which normally can be slowed down by draws and screens. Not sure why we have not used either of those basic plays to curb pass rushing like last week, but lets say we should at least learn over the course of a week and adjust there. I think Sam will recover this week and really he can't do worse than what we just saw.

I see Gardner Minshew and wonder why the Jets had to trade 3 second round picks and pass on the greatest guard in the last 20 years when there are QB starters in the 6th round (and not just Brady apparently) 

Minshew is like Joe Willy part II btw it's not hard to see his strengths

if you have a decent scouting dept etc

just like the Jets could have drafted Jimmy G and instead took Jace Amaro for more Geno Weaponz

they need to draft QBs and have them fight for the job not coronate QBs give them the job due to draft capital and wonder why they are soft mono kissers 

it's the NFL every position should be a competition 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I see Gardner Minshew and wonder why the Jets had to trade 3 second round picks and pass on the greatest guard in the last 20 years when there are QB starters in the 6th round (and not just Brady apparently) 

Minshew is like Joe Willy part II btw it's not hard to see his strengths

if you have a decent scouting dept etc

just like the Jets could have drafted Jimmy G and instead took Jace Amaro for more Geno Weaponz

they need to draft QBs and have them fight for the job not coronate QBs give them the job due to draft capital and wonder why they are soft mono kissers 

it's the NFL every position should be a competition 

also now has a stubbed toe

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

also now has a stubbed toe

the New York Jets literally drafted a player who never played a game in snow to be the franchise in the AFC east

a division where you are going to play AT buffalo and At Foxboro

...and then they did it again with Sam Darnold