Guess how many Career INTs the NFL’s best safety has after almost 3 years

Philc1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Sunday was basically a summary of Adam's career. Some really good plays vs the run, and some hard hits. But the plays that change the game. that truly make you a difference maker, he whiffed. Drops another int, and has a clear shot on a sack, and misses that as well. Another top 10 pick that we are getting 3-4th round value out of.

Did you forget the back to back personal foul penalties?  

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

They would have 3 extra 2nd rounders, PLUS #6 overall.  WE don't know exactly how the board would have fallen, but there would have been a ton of players to pick from, plus with all the QBs, the likelihood they could execute a trade down.  I guess they could have taken Minkah Fitzpatrick if safety were so ******* important.

You're  forgetting one thing. Mac would have selected theb2nd round players. Still feel bad about trading up for Darnold?

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Somehow Coffee Boy always managed to get THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT, who was always a DB or DL guy. 

I was listening to Benigno and Roberts and was reminded that Maccagnan ALSO gave the Jets Gase, which makes sense because the sack of sh*t made EVERY move to protect his worthless hide.  The irony being that the guy Maccagnan recommended to Chris Johnson quickly stabbed him in the back and he lost his job, the very thing Maccagnan worried about if McCarthy got the HC job, since MCCarthy wanted some Roster control, he knew what a disaster the Jets were before asking for the job BECAUSE he wanted to tutor Darnold, and Maccagnan feared that with Roster control McCarthy could easily show what a beyond nightmare job Maccagnan had done.

I don't care about people saying "the game passed McCarthy by".  The guy went to the playoffs 9 times but most importantly he retooled Aaron Rodgers throwing motion from the ground up, McCarthy actually IS a real "QB Whisperer".  I have no delusions thinking McCarthy could win many more games than Gase will, not with the Landfill of a Roster left by Maccagnan, but I know Darnold would have been way better off, and that's what is hands down the most important thing this year.

Jets, but most importantly Darnold, would have definitely been better off with McCarthy...but whenever there is a choice to make count on the Jets to pick the WRONG option 100% of the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Too much dam critiquing on 1 player ( name any) instead of the team , all 22.  One player can't do it all, they're losing as a team. They're losing because of poor coaching.

The logic of getting rid of players just to justify that something has to be done is baffling.  If Woody decided to move the team to another State, heck maybe that would solve a lot of problems - losing the media and the hokey followers.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

As i said in another thread, minkha has 5 in half the games and he essentially got a 1st round pick for the phins.  Adams is not getting more than a 1st for the jets.

If JD turned down a first and a third for this stiff OMFG

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

So is this the new whine for the people that can't  complain about Leo's sack total?

Yes.  That is how you win in this league. You sack the QB and you generate turnovers.

See the pats, and see the pats even when they did not have a #1 defensive they still always generated turnovers.

You do not win by stopping the run or by almost getting to the QB or even 'pressuring' the QB.

• Upvote 1

Jamal is on my sh*t list this week but I gotta say, most people think the almost sack was a total blown play.  I beg to differ.  If you look at the video with no bias, he was lucky he even touched him.  Its a bang bang play, going full speed against the RB and trying to get around him plus a heck of a step by Minshew.   This wasn't a for sure sack that he whiffed on by any means.  

https://www.jaguars.com/video/can-t-miss-play-minshew-magic-qb-evades-the-rush-for-70-yard-td-strike-to-conley

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes.  That is how you win in this league. You sack the QB and you generate turnovers.

See the pats, and see the pats even when they did not have a #1 defensive they still always generated turnovers.

You do not win by stopping the run or by almost getting to the QB or even 'pressuring' the QB.

Dude, lighten up

2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Do you guys remember Marcus Williams? He had 6 ints one year did that make him a good player? Don't think so.

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

Tru had 4 INT's last year in 10 games which was double the amount Gilmore had in 16 games.. 

Good news guys..  Tru is better than Gilmore!

Say what you want about the Jets, but every year we lead the league in guys whose stats don't tell the whole story

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Love Adams. Think he is a great player.   BUT teams are not built around a Safety.    Not one GM will tell you they are going to build their franchise around a Safety. 

A LT?  YES

A Pass Rusher? YES

A QB? DUH of course

That's it. Now I am not saying trade Adams.  I am not saying shop him around.   But if a team calls, you listen.   I have said other places and I'll say it here.  If some team calls and offer something absurd.  2 First round picks, 2 Second Round picks.   Who doesn't take that for Adams.   Every GM in the NFL would trade Adams.

and I 'll be very honest if the Cowboys offered a 1st round pick,CB Byron Jones and their backup Center Joe Looney,and a 5th rounder.   Adams would be gone. 

30 minutes ago, heymangold said:

a great blitzer, run stopper AND pretty good in coverage. it's more then just interceptions.

you know the most interceptions REVIS had in a year? 6.  that's not a lot.

you know how much tyrann mathieu's salary is?  $14 million

Opposing QB's avoided Revis at all costs, driving down his INT count.  Mathieu is a Safety that plays more like a Corner, hence why his salary is so high.  Same as a guy like Keith Byard.  They're Safeties who can play like Corners.  

Opposing QB's aren't scared of throwing at the great Jamal Adams.  I've seen him a step slow in coverage countless times, particularly on throws over the middle when he's in a standard Cover 2 formation.

There's a reason Adams freelances around the LOS all the time.  He's a below average player in coverage.  It's nice he gets TFL's and the occasional blitz that gets to the QB.  But most of the time that just puts a strain on the rest of the secondary.  And it cost us against the Jaguars when he basically allowed 2 TD's on his own.  Hence a big reason why we've been a well below average defense before and after Jamal arrived.  

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Opposing QB's avoided Revis at all costs, driving down his INT count.  Mathieu is a Safety that plays more like a Corner, hence why his salary is so high.  Same as a guy like Keith Byard.  They're Safeties who can play like Corners.  

Opposing QB's aren't scared of throwing at the great Jamal Adams.  I've seen him a step slow in coverage countless times, particularly on throws over the middle when he's in a standard Cover 2 formation.

There's a reason Adams freelances around the LOS all the time.  He's a below average player in coverage.  It's nice he gets TFL's and the occasional blitz that gets to the QB.  But most of the time that just puts a strain on the rest of the secondary.  And it cost us against the Jaguars when he basically allowed 2 TD's on his own.  Hence a big reason why we've been a well below average defense before and after Jamal arrived.  

Adams is not great in coverage.   He's actually not even good.