Predict the Outcome: Jets vs. Dolphins

Game result?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result of Sunday's game be?

• Jets win by 1-3 points
    • Jets win by 4-7 points
    • Jets win by 8 or more points
    • Dolphins win by 1-3 points
    • Dolphins win by 4-7 points
    • Dolphins win by 8 or more points

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dolphins win a close fought ugly game by a game winning field goal on a 2 minute drive led by Fitzmagic.  Ultimate Jetsy game.  Gases losses to his old team and Fitz has one of his unconscious days vs an old team.

Too bad he couldn’t have an unconscious game vs his old team in 2015

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Jets 24-13

It really doesn't matter what the final score is though. Miami is tanking, and if the Jets can't beat them, we might as well be also.

The only thing to watch here is how Darnold plays in this game and the next 4 against equally bad teams. If he doesn't outplay Fitz 2x, Danny dimes and Dwayne Haskins in their NFL infancy, and Derek Carr, what's the point here?

Wins don't matter, we're numb to the losses at this point, so the only thing to see here is if Darnold turns his season around.

33 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Jets 24-13

It really doesn't matter what the final score is though. Miami is tanking, and if the Jets can't beat them, we might as well be also.

The only thing to watch here is how Darnold plays in this game and the next 4 against equally bad teams. If he doesn't outplay Fitz 2x, Danny dimes and Dwayne Haskins in their NFL infancy, and Derek Carr, what's the point here?

Wins don't matter, we're numb to the losses at this point, so the only thing to see here is if Darnold turns his season around.

He’s going to outplay Haskins and “Dimes”... but just so you’re aware he’s younger than both of them. 

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

He’s going to outplay Haskins and “Dimes”... but just so you’re aware he’s younger than both of them. 

Is this the new excuse now? Once you're in the league the age is irrelevant. If his age was an issue he should have went back to USC.

27 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Yes I'm aware. He's 9 days younger then Jones, and one month younger then Haskins. I think Sam should be able to overcome that, no?

The point is, Dwayne and Dimes are both rookies, Darnold is in his second year, he's established himself, and shown the player he is. Jones has started 6 games this year, and I don't think Haskins has 2 yet. Forget the fact that Jones has better numbers then Darnold in every category this year, that's an illusion.

Darnold should be able to beat a "turnover machine" like Jones no problem head to head, same with Haskins who has virtually no experience playing QB beyond the HS level, an aged, battered Fitzpatrick on a tanking team twice, and a journeyman like Carr should be no problem.

The varsity schedule is over now, it's time for Sam and the Jets to fatten up against the JV teams. 6-6, and we're all feeling better, thanks to Sam.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Dolphins win a close fought ugly game by a game winning field goal on a 2 minute drive led by Fitzmagic.  Ultimate Jetsy game.  Gases losses to his old team and Fitz has one of his unconscious days vs an old team.

Given how many ex teams he has he should be a rockstar if he can win every game against ex teams

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Miami is terrible in the secondary... no pass rushers.. There best 2 players on defense are now gone... 1 to IR and the other traded to Pitt... Jets blow them out and its not even a question.

Miami is playing well. They just came off two solid road performances vs Buffalo and Pittsburgh. 

Flores has a bunch of young/hungry players that are buying in and improving. The opposite seems to be going on in Florham Park with a bunch of players who are holdovers from another GMs regime. Miami is going to throw the exact same stuff New England did at Sam, and it won’t be easy.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Miami is playing well. They just came off two solid road performances vs Buffalo and Pittsburgh. 

Flores has a bunch of young/hungry players that are buying in and improving. The opposite seems to be going on in Florham Park with a bunch of players who are holdovers from another GMs regime. Miami is going to throw the exact same stuff New England did at Sam, and it won’t be easy.  

Yeah but Miami doesn't have the pass rushers or secondary that Jags or NE do.... so if they try it they will be burned on RA TD passes all day... 

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

"Playing well" is a bit of a stretch. 

Against Pittsburgh, they were up 14-0 and then got outscored 27-0 over the final 3 quarters of play. Pitt blew by them like they were standing still. 

They played pretty well against Buffalo, but got dominated in the final quarter of play. 

I'd say they are playing "better" and are certainly capable of beating the crappy team that we root for, but I can't see how they are playing "well"

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

"Playing well" is a bit of a stretch. 

Against Pittsburgh, they were up 14-0 and then got outscored 27-0 over the final 3 quarters of play. Pitt blew by them like they were standing still. 

They played pretty well against Buffalo, but got dominated in the final quarter of play. 

I'd say they are playing "better" and are certainly capable of beating the crappy team that we root for, but I can't see how they are playing "well"

You are correct. I meant to say they are playing hard. I can’t say the same for the Jets the last two weeks. 

• Upvote 1

Amazingly, the spread is still only Jets -3 (-110).  If the Dolphins are tanking (and it definitely feels like they are) then this could be the shoe-in of the week!

1920396961_ShoeInOfTheWeek.thumb.JPG.3cffe3a96f05b73a2f86fbf3dcc292e8.JPG

A tanking team could very easily still keep it within 3 points against us, or accidentally win outright. Not saying it’ll happen but I wouldn’t touch this one.

• Upvote 1