Just started.. Tua vs joe...which will be a jet next year?

HighPitch

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Burrow can flat out play football. I know our team is terrible, but if he's on the board you have to seriously consider it.

No, but him rising in draft stock along with Fromm, the Oregon kid  Tua (bad today but still will be picked top 10), etc is good for the Jets. Trade for a haul, rebuild the entire Offense around Sam  and hire a coach that can rebuild and design a coherent offense to play in. 

• Upvote 2

Put Darnold on either of these teams right now and he throws for 500 yards and 6 TDs. Do you not realize that watching these two teams play is the equivalent of watching the pro bowl? How would the fragile undersized Tua look behind our “offensive line”?

Joe Burrow is 22... Sam Darnold is 22.

Luke Falk looked amazing in college... how did he do with this team? 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Burrow can flat out play football. I know our team is terrible, but if he's on the board you have to seriously consider it.

notice how he hung in there and threw a TD w/ Bama #58 bearing down on him and hitting him hard?

no pussy going backwards and throwing it up for grabs. stand in there. plant ur foot and deliver and take th ehit.

its football.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

16 minutes ago, Y3k said:

Put Darnold on either of these teams right now and he throws for 500 yards and 6 TDs. Do you not realize that watching these two teams play is the equivalent of watching the pro bowl? How would the fragile undersized Tua look behind our “offensive line”?

Joe Burrow is 22... Sam Darnold is 22.

Luke Falk looked amazing in college... how did he do with this team? 

Luke Falk played in the PAC-12. The PAC-12 sucks. You know who else played in the PAC-12? Darnold.

I'd take Burrow and ship Darnold out in a second if the opportunity arose.

I am less bullish on Tua. I don't think he'll be a great NFL QB. Burrow will be.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

notice how he hung in there and threw a TD w/ Bama #58 bearing down on him and hitting him hard?

no pussy going backwards and throwing it up for grabs. stand in there. plant ur foot and deliver and take th ehit.

its football.

Lol one play is all it takes? Let him play with the Jets OLine for several games and repeatedly get hit and see how his play is after that.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Luke Falk played in the PAC-12. The PAC-12 sucks. You know who else played in the PAC-12? Darnold.

I'd take Burrow and ship Darnold out in a second if the opportunity arose.

I am less bullish on Tua. I don't think he'll be a great NFL QB. Burrow will be.

You know who else played at LSU Jamarcus Russell. Look we can all play your idiotic game

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Yep

Let’s go ahead and burn another Top 5 pick on a QB, stick him in the same sh*tty situation yet expect a different result, then give up on him after a couple of bad games.

Sounds wonderful 

You could draft him and still put him in a better situation. This is my post from the draft forum because I'm not typing it out again.

I'm not advocating trading Darnold, just playing the what if game. We have no idea what JD thinks of Darnold and it's quite rare that a team has a chance to even draft a FQB. If he thinks Burrow is that guy and he's available it's not that far fetched that we pick him.

We can also build the oline at the same time with a trade of Adams. Take Burrow first, draft a lineman with the Adams pick and then select another at the top of the second. Make Scherff priority number one in FA and we instantly have a better line.

And Burrow as a prospect is better than Darnold. They're about the same size but Burrow doesn't have the turnover issues that have plagued Darnold. He's also mobile, plays against top competition, is accurate, and has a strong arm. What's not to like about Burrow?

• Sympathy 1