Demaryius Thomas

NYJ1

This season is one of the worst Jets fans have ever had to endure, but I think Demaryius Thomas is one of very few bright spots this season. I thought when the Jets acquired him, they were taking a chance on damaged goods? The truth is Thomas has 100% recovered from the torn achilles. He still has GREAT hands. He's still got some decent years in front of him. I am very happy he's a Jet and I really hope they resign him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, BUM-KNEE said:

DT and Crowder are nice assets to have on the roster. Hope they stick around.

It feels like to me that despite how bad this season is overall they've found some additions to go into next season? Demaryius Thomas was once upon a time the man in Denver. I don't think he'll ever reach that status here, but he can still be a very important player in this offense. 

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He's played well. Good trade by Douglas.

But I doubt he comes back next season. He was brought here to fill the role for Enunwa after he got hurt. 

ENUNWA is not coming back. His days in NY are over. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

It feels like to me that despite how bad this season is overall they've found some additions to go into next season? Demaryius Thomas was once upon a time the man in Denver. I don't think he'll ever reach that status here, but he can still be a very important player in this offense. 

Yeah there are bright spots if you look hard enough. LOL

I'm guessing Q won't be back next season, so at least we have equal or better replacements. If we could snag another good WR in the draft we might be ok next year. (As long as OL has been addressed)

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think the Jets will re-up with Q if thebchouce is him or DT.

They signed Q to a 4 year contract at the end of last season. Not sure what the CAP implications are if he were to be cut and he wasn't brought in by this regime but I always thought he meshed well with Darnold. He has a problem staying on the field though, that's for sure.

9 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

They signed Q to a 4 year contract at the end of last season. Not sure what the CAP implications are if he were to be cut and he wasn't brought in by this regime but I always thought he meshed well with Darnold. He has a problem staying on the field though, that's for sure.

Forgot about that. That is huge problem. I think the Jets should try to workout an injury settlement 

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

He's slow and ancient.  I am happy with the way that he's been able to bring stability to the WR room and give Darnold a large, reliable target, but he's not going to be here for long.

Agreed.  He’s past his prime no doubt,  but he’s still a professional WR that knew Gase’s system or was at least familiar with it.  This WR group was poorly constructed and Douglas had limited at best options to try to improve it.  DT and even that Smith kid were decent acquisitions.  Still A LOT of room for improvement.  This draft should provide some answers to that WR group.  

Quincy is most likely done due to medical reasons. Hard to come back from that again. For his own good he should walk away.

DT is a decent 3/4 at this stage. If he wants to be reasonable and come back at a decent cap number I wouldn't be opposed to it. Of not, thanks and take care.

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Forgot about that. That is huge problem. I think the Jets should try to workout an injury settlement 

If there's any way out for the Jets they are going to take that route. Quincy is injured way too often. When he went down this season, it wasn't said in any sort of official way, but I remembered thinking this is it for him.

58 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think the Jets will re-up with Q if thebchouce is him or DT.

17 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

If there's any way out for the Jets they are going to take that route. Quincy is injured way too often. When he went down this season, it wasn't said in any sort of official way, but I remembered thinking this is it for him.

It's probably not an either/or situation.  I doubt Quincy's health impacts what we do with DT.

If we do cut Quincy, it'll likely be after June 1, 2020.  Prior to that date we'd get a $5.4M dead cap hit and only save $2.4M for 2020.  After that date we only suffer a $1.8M dead cap hit and save $6M.

On 11/11/2019 at 1:36 PM, CotcheryifyouCan said:

hes been a pleasant surprise. if he can stay healthy he should stick next year. him anderson crowder herdon bell,, one of the killer wrs entering the draft is a real offense as long as they address the line

I’d bring Thomas back on a one year deal

• Sympathy 1

On 11/11/2019 at 5:05 AM, NYJ1 said:

I've had it with Quincy Enunwa. I think he's too brittle and that ultimately that makes him unreliable. I would rather go forward with DT. I can't imagine I'm alone feeling like this?

The two players Dumbass McCoffee decided to go all in were Mo and Q. His incompetence has no bounds

• Upvote 3