Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NYJ1

Demaryius Thomas

Recommended Posts

This season is one of the worst Jets fans have ever had to endure, but I think Demaryius Thomas is one of very few bright spots this season. I thought when the Jets acquired him, they were taking a chance on damaged goods? The truth is Thomas has 100% recovered from the torn achilles. He still has GREAT hands. He's still got some decent years in front of him. I am very happy he's a Jet and I really hope they resign him. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy can definitely still play good for him coming back from a second Achilles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

highest rated/ranked Jet WR per football outsiders...

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DT and Crowder are nice assets to have on the roster. Hope they stick around.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's played well. Good trade by Douglas.

But I doubt he comes back next season. He was brought here to fill the role for Enunwa after he got hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GREAT hands is one thing DT certainly does not have. Drops have been an issue throughout his career. But he’s a professional WR and has been a nice addition. We should be looking to keep him around as a 3/4 next year.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He's played well. Good trade by Douglas.

But I doubt he comes back next season. He was brought here to fill the role for Enunwa after he got hurt. 

Who will fill it next year? I doubt Enunwa. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BUM-KNEE said:

DT and Crowder are nice assets to have on the roster. Hope they stick around.

It feels like to me that despite how bad this season is overall they've found some additions to go into next season? Demaryius Thomas was once upon a time the man in Denver. I don't think he'll ever reach that status here, but he can still be a very important player in this offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He's played well. Good trade by Douglas.

But I doubt he comes back next season. He was brought here to fill the role for Enunwa after he got hurt. 

ENUNWA is not coming back. His days in NY are over. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had it with Quincy Enunwa. I think he's too brittle and that ultimately that makes him unreliable. I would rather go forward with DT. I can't imagine I'm alone feeling like this?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

It feels like to me that despite how bad this season is overall they've found some additions to go into next season? Demaryius Thomas was once upon a time the man in Denver. I don't think he'll ever reach that status here, but he can still be a very important player in this offense. 

Yeah there are bright spots if you look hard enough. LOL

I'm guessing Q won't be back next season, so at least we have equal or better replacements. If we could snag another good WR in the draft we might be ok next year. (As long as OL has been addressed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

31 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

ENUNWA is not coming back. His days in NY are over. 

I hated the Jets re-signing Quincy Enunwa last year. He's been less reliable than Donte Moncrief, who came in the league the same year as Quincy. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I thought he'd be a good reliable target for our young QB in a situational role. He's been a little better than I hoped. Certainly not useless washed up trash as some here were screaming.

I remember you were banging that drum. Props. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He's played well. Good trade by Douglas.

But I doubt he comes back next season. He was brought here to fill the role for Enunwa after he got hurt. 

I don't  think the Jets will re-up with Q if thebchouce is him or DT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't  be going nuts over this. He put up a nice stat line yesterday.  If he does this constantly,  then we can celebrate but the Giants D totally sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think the Jets will re-up with Q if thebchouce is him or DT.

They signed Q to a 4 year contract at the end of last season. Not sure what the CAP implications are if he were to be cut and he wasn't brought in by this regime but I always thought he meshed well with Darnold. He has a problem staying on the field though, that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thomas is the poster boy for bad posting

Trade was ridiculed endlessly.  We gave away a 6th to the Pats, a horrible waste.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

They signed Q to a 4 year contract at the end of last season. Not sure what the CAP implications are if he were to be cut and he wasn't brought in by this regime but I always thought he meshed well with Darnold. He has a problem staying on the field though, that's for sure.

Forgot about that. That is huge problem. I think the Jets should try to workout an injury settlement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DT will only help SD hopefully he sticks at least for another year it’s not like we have a solid WR group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's slow and ancient.  I am happy with the way that he's been able to bring stability to the WR room and give Darnold a large, reliable target, but he's not going to be here for long.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

He's slow and ancient.  I am happy with the way that he's been able to bring stability to the WR room and give Darnold a large, reliable target, but he's not going to be here for long.

Agreed.  He’s past his prime no doubt,  but he’s still a professional WR that knew Gase’s system or was at least familiar with it.  This WR group was poorly constructed and Douglas had limited at best options to try to improve it.  DT and even that Smith kid were decent acquisitions.  Still A LOT of room for improvement.  This draft should provide some answers to that WR group.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quincy is most likely done due to medical reasons. Hard to come back from that again. For his own good he should walk away.

DT is a decent 3/4 at this stage. If he wants to be reasonable and come back at a decent cap number I wouldn't be opposed to it. Of not, thanks and take care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say he has great hands, but he is actually an NFL receiver and has done some nice things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Forgot about that. That is huge problem. I think the Jets should try to workout an injury settlement 

If there's any way out for the Jets they are going to take that route. Quincy is injured way too often. When he went down this season, it wasn't said in any sort of official way, but I remembered thinking this is it for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  think the Jets will re-up with Q if thebchouce is him or DT.

17 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

If there's any way out for the Jets they are going to take that route. Quincy is injured way too often. When he went down this season, it wasn't said in any sort of official way, but I remembered thinking this is it for him.

 

It's probably not an either/or situation.  I doubt Quincy's health impacts what we do with DT.

If we do cut Quincy, it'll likely be after June 1, 2020.  Prior to that date we'd get a $5.4M dead cap hit and only save $2.4M for 2020.  After that date we only suffer a $1.8M dead cap hit and save $6M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hes been a pleasant surprise. if he can stay healthy he should stick next year. him anderson crowder herdon bell,, one of the killer wrs entering the draft is a real offense as long as they address the line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 8:02 AM, NYJ1 said:

ENUNWA is not coming back. His days in NY are over. 

Yup.  Enunwa is officially done

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 1:36 PM, CotcheryifyouCan said:

hes been a pleasant surprise. if he can stay healthy he should stick next year. him anderson crowder herdon bell,, one of the killer wrs entering the draft is a real offense as long as they address the line

I’d bring Thomas back on a one year deal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 5:05 AM, NYJ1 said:

I've had it with Quincy Enunwa. I think he's too brittle and that ultimately that makes him unreliable. I would rather go forward with DT. I can't imagine I'm alone feeling like this?

The two players Dumbass McCoffee decided to go all in were Mo and Q. His incompetence has no bounds

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DT is good for a drop or 2 per game. He always was. He can still get open and has some size and is a seasoned vet but he still is gonna drop a pass - hopefully not a highly important one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 8:28 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Best WR on the team yet some here complained about losing a 2021 6th round pick.  

Blame Macc for the garbage product on the field, not Joe Douglas for trying to do what he can to fix it.  

jamison crowder says hello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...