Amazon owner Jeff Bezos reportedly interested in owning NFL team

joewilly12

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Jason LaCanfora is a liar.  He makes sh*t up, says he has sources but his sources are the voices in his head.  It's shocking this dude still has a job.  Legit, look at his last dozen inside scoop tidbits, all couldnt be further from the truth.  He just flat out makes sh*t up that he thinks is attention grabbing.  Apparently it works. 

95E0DFE1-147F-4C66-A8D5-55E4AE886CAA.jpeg

Woody is not getting any younger, and his son is not that old for someone as old has Woody.  He nicknamed his son "Brick" in honor of Ferguson.  But if his mother is really old, the Jets could theoretically be sold as a way for the brothers to take their gain and walk away.  Otherwise they are burdened with governance between the two of them and managing Woody's estate-could be his wife, son, etc.  Messy. 

It is not a situation like the Patriots and Cowboys where there is seemingly a functional next generation to run the team, like the Rooneys do and the Maras used to do.

But, notwithstanding Bezos' business success, I would not necessarily look forward to his owning the Jets.   He is a very demanding businessman who squeezes the maximum out of anyone he deals with.  He can see his methods backfiring running a sports franchise.  

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

Woody is not getting any younger, and his son is not that old for someone as old has Woody.  He nicknamed his son "Brick" in honor of Ferguson.  But if his mother is really old, the Jets could theoretically be sold as a way for the brothers to take their gain and walk away.  Otherwise they are burdened with governance between the two of them and managing Woody's estate-could be his wife, son, etc.  Messy. 

It is not a situation like the Patriots and Cowboys where there is seemingly a functional next generation to run the team, like the Rooneys do and the Maras used to do.

But, notwithstanding Bezos' business success, I would not necessarily look forward to his owning the Jets.   He is a very demanding businessman who squeezes the maximum out of anyone he deals with.  He can see his methods backfiring running a sports franchise.  

So Jeff Bezos would demand success and spend whatever it took to reach it with the entire organization. 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The only way I see the Johnson's selling is if they were made an offer they couldn't refuse. And if you're throwing around that kind of money there are better franchises you could buy.

Like what?  The jets are one of the most profitable franchises in pro sports thanks to loyal jerkoves like us

And Bezos is smart unlike these millennial idiot NBA superstars who want to form “superteams” in podunk small markets where no one cares if they win.  Bezos wanted to be in NYC where sh-t matters and people pay attention 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So Jeff Bezos would demand success and spend whatever it took to reach it with the entire organization. 

I am all for that.  But from what I understand, that is not what you get with Jeff Bezos, in anything he does.  

"Blank check" is not in his vocabulary.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

Jeff Bezos was worth about 100 bil (give or take 10 bil) before his divorce from wife MacKensie 

which sounds like he would be the richest man of all time but adjusted for inflation Rockafeller and Carnagie had at least 300 Billion 

So he's about to lose half in the divorce (What have you done for me lately, EDDIE?)

This man was not born wealthy, his dad was a bike store owner in Washington state  

So to review he made a 100 billion and about to lose 50 billion - staggering roller coaster of a ride and it's not done  

because now he wants an NFL team 

it should be a no brainer for the league 

even at 50 billion he's 10x richer than the Johnsons and Kraft 

a simple google search shows many of your numbers are false.  for one, the 100B (give or take) is post the divorce.   second the divorce cost him about 25%  (but already factored into the 100b number).

and i am pretty sure the staggering rollercoaster has nothing to do with his "net worth".  losing 35B in the divorce means probably very little to him.  

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

and a 100 times smarter....

So you have to be smart to own a team now? 

What about Kraft, other than hiring Bellichick, makes him smart instead of just being lucky?  

Getting cheap tug jobs in florida where no one would recognize him?

23 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m going to marry Bezos. Divorce him. Take just a cool 20 billion off him. Buy the Jets. Hire Macc back. Fire him again. Fire Gase into the literal sun because I have the money. Hire Macc again to push the button that fires the rocket carrying Gase into the sun. Fire him again. Profit. 

Now this plan I'd donate money for to make happen!

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

6 in one 

half dozen in the other 

to be clear I do not believe Bezos (or MacKensie) will be buying the Jets anytime soon

if the Jags and Chargers don't move to London, the league could just expand to 34 

In the short term expansion is an easy cash injection. The owners take the initiation fee and add it to their money pile. 

they are going overseas... that's growth... Jeff Bezos has a space company as well it could make travel easier (for everyone) 

maybe it's not 12 hours London to LA in a few years 

after today everything The movie Back to the Future occurs in the past 

no one really saw "the internet" coming is all i'm saying 

This doesn't mean squat for the Jets ownership situation 

Yikes

image.png.0ec893750b1687991982adf9d9a8b31d.png

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

NFL rumors: Amazon owner Jeff Bezos reportedly interested in owning NFL team | Which franchises are candidates to be bought?

Updated 9:01 AM;Today 8:42 AM 
Jeff Bezos

AP

Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos is reportedly interested in owning an NFL franchise.

Jeff Bezos is already the owner of two of the biggest companies in the United States in Amazon and the Washington Post. Now, the multi-billionaire could be interested in purchasing a team in the biggest sports league in the country.

Bezos is interested in owning an NFL franchise, according to a report from CBS Sports’ Jason La Confora. He claims that Bezos, 55, has grown close to several of the league’s owners in recent years, and that he watched the most recent Super Bowl between the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams from league commissioner Roger Goodell’s suite at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Bezos, whose estimated net worth is approximately $110 billion as of October 2019 per Bloomberg, could easily afford an NFL team if he wants it. The Carolina Panthers, the most recent team in the league to be sold, went for a record $2.3 billion last year. That is pocket change for Bezos, who founded Amazon in 1994 and grew it into the largest online retailer in the world.

La Confora points to the Seattle Seahawks — which will be sold in the near future after the death of owner Paul Allen last year — and the Denver Broncos as potential targets for Bezos.

Alternatively, La Confora cites Bezos’ close relationship with Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder and his imminent move to the Washington, D.C., area as a potential indication of a partnership with Snyder. The Redskins owner has been seeking a new, state-of-the-art stadium to replace FedEx Field for years, a wish Bezos could fulfill by paying for it while including an Amazon sponsorship.

Bezos will immediately be put on any short list of candidates to purchase an NFL team that goes up for sale, according to La Confora.

Brian Fonseca may be reached at bfonseca@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @briannnnf. Find NJ.com on Facebook.

Pig. Break it up 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1