The non-controversial, not-the-place-to-snowflake, Jets are doing their due diligence on Kaepernick thread

T0mShane

Just now, GreenFish said:

Man some still get really emotional about this situation. It's been 3 years. 

I don't think the Jets are a good spot for him. Backup to Lamar would make sense. Titans and Bucs would be interesting spots as well. 

He nuked the bridge to Baltimore. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

What do you mean? What did he do to Baltimore?

During the kneeling thing, I tried to hear what the players had to say. It’s really about policing in low income neighborhoods. I wasn’t a fan of the socks. Beyond that, all anyone can do is vote and donate to causes they believing. So I may have missed some stuff. 

7 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Do you know how you show a willingness to a want to play? Play by the NFL's sanctioned workout criteria, even though there are things that you may not like about it.

Listen, you dislike Jamal Adams in part because of his showboating. This looks very much like showboating. It does not show sincerity of any want to conform.

I don’t think he wants to conform to the NFL culture, he seems more interested in changing it, and TBQH it is in desperate need of changing Kaep, or no Kaep.

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The Jets should sign Colin Kaepernick  .     Sam Darnold could learn so much from a veteran QBs like him.     Not to mention improve their reputation around the league with the players.

and the Raiders should sign you to wipe Gruden's ass but we cant all get what we want 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

What do you mean? What did he do to Baltimore?

During the kneeling thing, I tried to hear what the players had to say. It’s really about policing in low income neighborhoods. I wasn’t a fan of the socks. Beyond that, all anyone can do is vote and donate to causes they believing. So I may have missed some stuff. 

2 summers ago, was set to sign with the Ravens. Given Flacco was on the way out, could have been a great chance to prove himself. His SJW girlfriend posted on social media that Steve Bisciotti treated Ray lewis like a slave. So he attacked the owner and the franchise's most popular player. Ozzie Newsome withdrew the offer. 

ESPN-9/5/17

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20597810/ray-lewis-said-baltimore-ravens-sign-colin-kaepernick-girlfriend-racist-tweet

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Ray Lewis said the Baltimore Ravens chose not to sign Colin Kaepernick after the quarterback's girlfriend posted a "racist" tweet featuring the former All-Pro linebacker and owner Steve Bisciotti.

"We were going to close the deal to sign him," Lewis said on Showtime's "Inside the NFL" on Tuesday night. "Steve Bisciotti said, 'I want to hear Colin Kaepernick speak to let me know that he wants to play football.'"

"And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day."

The Aug. 2 tweet by Nessa Diab compared a picture of Lewis hugging Bisciotti to a scene from "Django Unchained," in which Samuel L. Jackson as a loyal house slave held Leonardo DiCaprio's cruel plantation owner character.

"His girl [Diab] goes out and put out this racist gesture and doesn't know we are in the back office about to try to get this guy signed," Lewis said. "Steve Bisciotti has said it himself: 'How can you crucify Ray Lewis when Ray Lewis is the one calling for Colin Kaepernick?'"

Lewis was asked whether the Ravens would have signed Kaepernick if not for the tweet.

"Then he's flying him to Baltimore," Lewis said. "I am sitting with all three of them and we are all having a conversation about bringing Colin Kaepernick in."

On Wednesday, Ravens coach John Harbaugh didn't directly address Lewis' assertion.

"I'm not exactly sure what all was said. But I can tell you this: I'm way past that," Harbaugh said before practice. "I haven't even thought about that for weeks. Our focus is Cincinnati."

Asked if this is an unwanted distraction, Harbaugh said, "We have two healthy quarterbacks and we're ready to roll."

Kaepernick drew national attention last season when he knelt during the national anthem before games as a protest of social injustice, which he said he will no longer do in 2017.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh brought up the possibility of pursuing Kaepernick at the opening of training camp, when quarterback Joe Flacco informed the team of his back injury. Team president Dick Cass later indicated that the Ravens had direct contact with Kaepernick, who informed Baltimore that he still desired to play.

Ravens officials acknowledged they had consulted with fans and former and current players, as well as sponsors, about Kaepernick.

"Pray for us," Bisciotti said of the team when weighing its decision.

Kaepernick's girlfriend then posted the picture of Bisciotti and Lewis three days later.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bugg said:

2 summers ago, was set to sign with the Ravens. Given Flacco was on the way out, could have been a great chance to prove himself. His SJW girlfriend posted on social media that Steve Bisciotti treated Ray lewis like a slave. So he attacked the owner and the franchise's most popular player. Ozzie Newsome withdrew the offer. 

I don't doubt this happened. but...

What does it say that you can be a marginal kicker, beat your wife, get a fine and continue to play in the NFL but be a above average QB and just kneel down to protest innocent people being shot and not get a job.

As far as being a SJW, we need more of them because, in case you haven't been out in a while the racists are winning or at least not losing very quickly.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

33 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I don't doubt this happened. but...

What does it say that you can be a marginal kicker, beat your wife, get a fine and continue to play in the NFL but be a above average QB and just kneel down to protest innocent people being shot and not get a job.

As far as being a SJW, we need more of them because, in case you haven't been out in a while the racists are winning or at least not losing very quickly.

I'll simply and respectfully agree to disagree about the politics of this. I don't think we'll convince each other; no point.

Won't defend anyone who beats up women.

But basically he put 2 African-Americans involved with a team who was willing to and about to sign him in a very bad spot with their boss after they stood up for him. What kind of person does that? Or is his game to be a Nike marketing icon and being a genuine NFL player is only a sideshow to that? 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

I am 100% in support of the Jets bringing in Collin Kaepernick for the Ravens game.

Put on his pig socks and let him get the sh-t beat out of him instead of Sam Darnold. 

Then we cut him.

SAR I

This is the first time I have agreed with you all year. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

So sick of hearing about this assclown.

I mean who the f**k is C***n K*******k anyway?  Some world leader? Someone who is helping cure cancer? Someone who is actually taking a walk through the ghetto and projects, seeing what really goes on (not what the media tells us to think goes on) and then standing on a cause? No, he is an also ran football player who was never that good to begin with, looking to keep himself relevant. He has a band of psychophants following him around which makes those losers feel important.

Give me a break already with this absolute nonsense. Moron Goodell has a lot more important things to worry about such as guys swinging helmets at each others heads, the games becoming unwatchable because of too much &/or incompetent officiating, and the impending work stoppage that will surely happen after next season.

Do I agree that he dropped the ball with his opportunity to address the problem that caused him to take a knee? Absolutely. Honestly, he probably didnt expect the degree of backlash that he received. I think do a degree he underestimated how things are actually working. However, most of what I hear folks say surrounding Kaep is nothing more than world view construct and not reality. It's not like he controls the media, the articles, journalist or reporters.

The highlighted above at a glance are valid questions. It's not like Colin is out in the hood. I'll ignore the curing cancer bit. The bottomline is this. Colin isnt in the hood, but he seemed to show concern and compassion for things that was going on in these neighborhood's which is pervasive and systematic. Here is where the problem comes in. 

Folks who either arent Colin or have no adequate or deep connection to these type of neighborhood's generally based their view on these areas based on what they've been taught...their understanding of these areas and the people who live there from a distance. This is where people's world social-view come into play. 

There was a comment that @Jet_Engine1 made in the first Kaep thread, that on the surface would make sense if you're dealing with world views and not one's reality, which could be different from yours. He mentioned the dangers of being a police officer, which generally is an absolute fact. But then he went on to say something that shows the difference in world view and where the lack of understanding reality comes into play. He said "They deal with a populace that has a large percent that is trained to hate them". It's clear that he couldnt be talking about the overall populace, because if that was the fact than folks wouldnt have gotten so upset over Colin's socks, since they would be trained to hate them. However, on a deeper level, what Engine never mentioned was the reason behind such training. That would force one to deal with both sides of the reality, not just one. But in order to justify the continuous treatment of a group, you can never view that group as equals or human. That's been a useful tool for centuries. Back to this in a moment. 

See, in that same thread @DRJETS made a statement saying "Don’t be surprised, there are still people who value this country more than anything". And I believe that to also be fact, but like Engine's statement, neither are a reflection of those who grew up in these neighborhood's given that their reality and history isnt the same as those who's reality would make such statements. 

The problem isnt the reality of Engine or DrJets, the problem is accepting their reality while ignoring others, and instead accept a world view of these folks that these folks arent narrating. What do I mean? Engine made this statement "But the discussion will NEVER be serious unless BOTH sides take accountability for their actions, it cant be a one way street. And the Police (Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, or whatever) WILL treat a 19 year old black kid with dreads and saggy pants driving an unregistered car a certain way as long as that specific demographic is far and away the most prevalent, statistically and real-world, Violent Criminal in the City." The problem with this statement is this. It's impossible to know if the kid driving the car even has his pants sagging since he's sitting down in a car driving. This proves my point about "folks world view". What Engine is showing is that what police anticipate when they see a kid in a car are saggy pants probably driving an unregistered car. And though neither of those acts (saggy pants, unregistered vehicle) are even violent, noticed how he concluded with "This is how police will treat this person based on him fitting a statistic as being the most violent criminal in the city" though in reality, it's probably a 19 year old kid driving a car maybe with some saggy pants. This very statement presented by Engine explains why folks like myself and others have been approached with such high end aggression in our own neighborhood's by police, who in their minds are anticipating the most violent criminal in the city...when all I did was head home after work, for example...not even with saggy pants. And I dont even have to mention the history of this nation to see how ridiculous it would be for some 19 year old kid who's a descendant of the captivity to be considered the most "violent person" in any city in the US, given it's history. That world view is revisionist, at best...which again shows that though he starts off as "both sides having to take accountability for their actions", it usually ends with the 19 year old being the most violent person in the city, yet the assumed most violent person in the city always seems to get his ass handed to him the the police. The narrative never changes, just the generation.

See, I grew up in these type of ghetto's and seen how things really get down. Not just some world view or philosophy in order to justify actions, but the reality from the other side. Are there criminals in neighborhood's like mine? Yes. Violent? yes. Police should deal with them accordingly. However, there's alot of sh*t that goes down in these neighborhood's that aren't based on antagonizing officers and there are no cameras around to catch it, but only the word of some 19 year old black inner-city kid with dreads vs the Cops that did some sh*t they werent supposed to do. When folks speak out about that, The folks who proclaim to love their country and their countrymen dont come looking to get to the bottom of things for their countrymen. What we get are puppets on strings such as Sharpton or Jackson looking to sell some more race tickets in order to further encourage the division which is why the US is in the situation that it is. 

The bottomline, what folks need to consider outside of their world view, is that though there are alot of people who value their country more than anything, there are a ton of people who simply and unfortunately have to tolerate that country. And the only reason why they're an American is because that's where their captivity placed them. That's the real. So when folks talk about a large percentage of folks trained to hate their overseers, it's not personal. It's not the "person", it's the history of the system that is being constantly ignored, and when folks bring light to it folks get pissed that folks dont love their oppression (while we're taught to empathize with others oppression, which is fine, yet that same society couldnt care less about ours which is current and ongoing), and they use their world views about a people that they usually have no experience with on a human level, or if there were any sort of contact it was either watching football for entertainment or probably being an officer locking up some criminals with saggy pants, and then that view is somehow generally spread upon an entire group of people. So when one from this group is falsely injured, "spin city" then occurs. Example: The news will never say "police shoots unarmed American" , but instead you'll hear "police shoots unarmed black kid or african american". It's all word magic. How? Folks who dont associate as being african american wont associate themselves with the victim. It reinforces the division. Furthermore, if you only view them as some 19 year hold saggy pants wearing kid with dread in an unregistered car who are the most violent people in your city, it reinforces that division and removes the empathy. Once that happens, there is no talking to folks who arent listening, especially when there's oppression happening but their too busy looking at those oppressed as a group as the criminal.

What I've grown to learn is that the world isn't a dictionary, but a thesaurus, and the more you can muddy the water with words the more you can confuse. The world is ran on manufactured world view or perspective, and the views of the dominating class will always prevail because we live in an evolution-based society, and the philosophy is "only the strongest survive". In a society like this, I dont expect folks overseeing to empathize, because they see these humans the way a human would see a roach or an ant. It's not that we hate roaches and ants, they're just pest to humans and we have no qualms about stepping on one and killing it. Wont lose any sleep at all. This is the indoctrination in a nutshell. 

I know that this isn't worth arguing over given that this is all prophecy anyway (I know philosophy of evolution is ridiculous. The oppression proves it), but I write this for those who come from similar neighborhood's, having similar backgrounds or connections to those backgrounds, know that the trouble and the issues that plague these areas isn't just some unfortunate underprivileged happenstance. There are a few here that clearly understand and see the difference, which further shows that racism and racial hatred isnt even real, just an idea just like "black" is an idea. With that said, folks generally should not expect anyone that have these sorts of world views to empathize. To a degree its not their fault, because they've gone through the culture training that we've all gone through who were raised in the States, we're just on different sides. The world has been taught not to value our life, and we received the same training, which is why many of my brothers and sisters dont value their own life (gang life etc). This is taught though your society. Everyone is being oppressed through the manufacturing folks world view, as well as manufacturing culture ("black" people) in order to promote division in order to keep our eyes off of The Adversary. 

I will say that if genuine, I do appreciate Colin for trying to provide a voice for folks who the country either ignores or makes their plight into a racial thing by making compromised race baiters the leaders over these neighborhood's in order to always keep it as a black/white thing and NEVER a fellow countrymen thing. That fact right there is why folks of different realities view the country differently, because it is different. The realities are not the same. At the same time, folks with the wisdom and the ability to understand need not to get caught up in the reactions of folks expressing their world view. They're simply expressing their learnt understanding, and not your reality based on what you're experiencing. Instead, start working on yourself in order to unlearn alot of the garbage that we've learned, such as every "ism", but start learning how things are being played. Especially us who are the descendants of the diaspora. You want things to change? stop calling yourself black or even african american, negro, colored or any other byword I havent mentioned and find out where you're from. And when you find out, hold tight to it and follow the directions. Bunny Wailer and Bob Marley told you for 40 something years, but I understand. We've learned not to respect ourselves, so why would we take our own words as some sort of authority? 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Whatever. LOL. Just acccuse me of being a Nazi  @Villain The Foe,  its quicker and less wordy 

BTW, here's a nice article about an EMS call I ran on a few years ago. I grew up about 15 blocks from where this happened. This is the reality of these inner city communities, and what the cops deal with. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/19698132/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/fla-housing-project-rape-just-another-crime/

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

I'll simply and respectfully agree to disagree about the politics of this. I don't think we'll convince each other; no point.

Won't defend anyone who beats up women.

But basically he put 2 African-Americans involved with a team who was willing to and about to sign him in a very bad spot with their boss after they stood up for him. What kind of person does that? Or is his game to be a Nike marketing icon and being a genuine NFL player is only a sideshow to that? 

Yep, what you said is true, and nuanced. I appreciate that.

"what kind of person does that?" a human being. a human being in a situation where he stood up for something, bigger than himself, and has paid a price for it. What kind of person ignores the reasons behind his situation: he stood up (hah), kneeled down to draw attention to police killing unarmed black citizen, which should, I believe, accord him some slack. That, and his above average abilty.

But many, many, many players have done worse and are still playing or never faced any consequences, Ray Lewis, especially. And, beyond Baltimore, in this "meritocracy" he's a guy with more talent and a better resume than many NFL QBs. But he's been banned--I believe outside of the collective bargaining agreement--for believing and displaying his belief that shooting unarmed citizens is not something we should ignore, and by ignoring it, condone.

As far as his true desires, I think he realizes he's never going to play again and probably doesn't really want to. But, these political things take a life of their own and, let's face it, he's not a regular person like me. So, I can't answer the last two questions. And I don't feel sorry for him. I feel sorry that the NFL was so upset over people protesting police brutality or why people seem to believe it's ok, if it's a black person, to brutalize people that way. I'm sad people need to feel that way about whole segments of the population. But I suppose bullying is a natural instinct for some.

• Post of the Week 1

Keapernik isn't doing himself any favors. If I had a job interview for a job I actually wanted I would show up where they tell me on time and I would not wear anything that anyone might find offensive. The conclusion I draw is that he is not truely interested in playing in the NFL and is only looking for attention. He was an okay player when he was playing but he had chances to come back and makes the wrong move every time. You can say he is a hero but a hero is not what NFL teams are looking for, they do not want the attention good or bad that they believe Kaepernick brings.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Do I agree that he dropped the ball with his opportunity to address the problem that caused him to take a knee? Absolutely. Honestly, he probably didnt expect the degree of backlash that he received. I think do a degree he underestimated how things are actually working. However, most of what I hear folks say surrounding Kaep is nothing more than world view construct and not reality. It's not like he controls the media, the articles, journalist or reporters.

The highlighted above at a glance are valid questions. It's not like Colin is out in the hood. I'll ignore the curing cancer bit. The bottomline is this. Colin isnt in the hood, but he seemed to show concern and compassion for things that was going on in these neighborhood's which is pervasive and systematic. Here is where the problem comes in. 

Folks who either arent Colin or have no adequate or deep connection to these type of neighborhood's generally based their view on these areas based on what they've been taught...their understanding of these areas and the people who live there from a distance. This is where people's world social-view come into play. 

There was a comment that @Jet_Engine1 made in the first Kaep thread, that on the surface would make sense if you're dealing with world views and not one's reality, which could be different from yours. He mentioned the dangers of being a police officer, which generally is an absolute fact. But then he went on to say something that shows the difference in world view and where the lack of understanding reality comes into play. He said "They deal with a populace that has a large percent that is trained to hate them". It's clear that he couldnt be talking about the overall populace, because if that was the fact than folks wouldnt have gotten so upset over Colin's socks, since they would be trained to hate them. However, on a deeper level, what Engine never mentioned was the reason behind such training. That would force one to deal with both sides of the reality, not just one. But in order to justify the continuous treatment of a group, you can never view that group as equals or human. That's been a useful tool for centuries. Back to this in a moment. 

See, in that same thread @DRJETS made a statement saying "Don’t be surprised, there are still people who value this country more than anything". And I believe that to also be fact, but like Engine's statement, neither are a reflection of those who grew up in these neighborhood's given that their reality and history isnt the same as those who's reality would make such statements. 

The problem isnt the reality of Engine or DrJets, the problem is accepting their reality while ignoring others, and instead accept a world view of these folks that these folks arent narrating. What do I mean? Engine made this statement "But the discussion will NEVER be serious unless BOTH sides take accountability for their actions, it cant be a one way street. And the Police (Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, or whatever) WILL treat a 19 year old black kid with dreads and saggy pants driving an unregistered car a certain way as long as that specific demographic is far and away the most prevalent, statistically and real-world, Violent Criminal in the City." The problem with this statement is this. It's impossible to know if the kid driving the car even has his pants sagging since he's sitting down in a car driving. This proves my point about "folks world view". What Engine is showing is that what police anticipate when they see a kid in a car are saggy pants probably driving an unregistered car. And though neither of those acts (saggy pants, unregistered vehicle) are even violent, noticed how he concluded with "This is how police will treat this person based on him fitting a statistic as being the most violent criminal in the city" though in reality, it's probably a 19 year old kid driving a car maybe with some saggy pants. This very statement presented by Engine explains why folks like myself and others have been approached with such high end aggression in our own neighborhood's by police, who in their minds are anticipating the most violent criminal in the city...when all I did was head home after work, for example...not even with saggy pants. And I dont even have to mention the history of this nation to see how ridiculous it would be for some 19 year old kid who's a descendant of the captivity to be considered the most "violent person" in any city in the US, given it's history. That world view is revisionist, at best...which again shows that though he starts off as "both sides having to take accountability for their actions", it usually ends with the 19 year old being the most violent person in the city, yet the assumed most violent person in the city always seems to get his ass handed to him the the police. The narrative never changes, just the generation.

See, I grew up in these type of ghetto's and seen how things really get down. Not just some world view or philosophy in order to justify actions, but the reality from the other side. Are there criminals in neighborhood's like mine? Yes. Violent? yes. Police should deal with them accordingly. However, there's alot of sh*t that goes down in these neighborhood's that aren't based on antagonizing officers and there are no cameras around to catch it, but only the word of some 19 year old black inner-city kid with dreads vs the Cops that did some sh*t they werent supposed to do. When folks speak out about that, The folks who proclaim to love their country and their countrymen dont come looking to get to the bottom of things for their countrymen. What we get are puppets on strings such as Sharpton or Jackson looking to sell some more race tickets in order to further encourage the division which is why the US is in the situation that it is. 

The bottomline, what folks need to consider outside of their world view, is that though there are alot of people who value their country more than anything, there are a ton of people who simply and unfortunately have to tolerate that country. And the only reason why they're an American is because that's where their captivity placed them. That's the real. So when folks talk about a large percentage of folks trained to hate their overseers, it's not personal. It's not the "person", it's the history of the system that is being constantly ignored, and when folks bring light to it folks get pissed that folks dont love their oppression (while we're taught to empathize with others oppression, which is fine, yet that same society couldnt care less about ours which is current and ongoing), and they use their world views about a people that they usually have no experience with on a human level, or if there were any sort of contact it was either watching football for entertainment or probably being an officer locking up some criminals with saggy pants, and then that view is somehow generally spread upon an entire group of people. So when one from this group is falsely injured, "spin city" then occurs. Example: The news will never say "police shoots unarmed American" , but instead you'll hear "police shoots unarmed black kid or african american". It's all word magic. How? Folks who dont associate as being african american wont associate themselves with the victim. It reinforces the division. Furthermore, if you only view them as some 19 year hold saggy pants wearing kid with dread in an unregistered car who are the most violent people in your city, it reinforces that division and removes the empathy. Once that happens, there is no talking to folks who arent listening, especially when there's oppression happening but their too busy looking at those oppressed as a group as the criminal.

What I've grown to learn is that the world isn't a dictionary, but a thesaurus, and the more you can muddy the water with words the more you can confuse. The world is ran on manufactured world view or perspective, and the views of the dominating class will always prevail because we live in an evolution-based society, and the philosophy is "only the strongest survive". In a society like this, I dont expect folks overseeing to empathize, because they see these humans the way a human would see a roach or an ant. It's not that we hate roaches and ants, they're just pest to humans and we have no qualms about stepping on one and killing it. Wont lose any sleep at all. This is the indoctrination in a nutshell. 

I know that this isn't worth arguing over given that this is all prophecy anyway (I know philosophy of evolution is ridiculous. The oppression proves it), but I write this for those who come from similar neighborhood's, having similar backgrounds or connections to those backgrounds, know that the trouble and the issues that plague these areas isn't just some unfortunate underprivileged happenstance. There are a few here that clearly understand and see the difference, which further shows that racism and racial hatred isnt even real, just an idea just like "black" is an idea. With that said, folks generally should not expect anyone that have these sorts of world views to empathize. To a degree its not their fault, because they've gone through the culture training that we've all gone through who were raised in the States, we're just on different sides. The world has been taught not to value our life, and we received the same training, which is why many of my brothers and sisters dont value their own life (gang life etc). This is taught though your society. Everyone is being oppressed through the manufacturing folks world view, as well as manufacturing culture ("black" people) in order to promote division in order to keep our eyes off of The Adversary. 

I will say that if genuine, I do appreciate Colin for trying to provide a voice for folks who the country either ignores or makes their plight into a racial thing by making compromised race baiters the leaders over these neighborhood's in order to always keep it as a black/white thing and NEVER a fellow countrymen thing. That fact right there is why folks of different realities view the country differently, because it is different. The realities are not the same. At the same time, folks with the wisdom and the ability to understand need not to get caught up in the reactions of folks expressing their world view. They're simply expressing their learnt understanding, and not your reality based on what you're experiencing. Instead, start working on yourself in order to unlearn alot of the garbage that we've learned, such as every "ism", but start learning how things are being played. Especially us who are the descendants of the diaspora. You want things to change? stop calling yourself black or even african american, negro, colored or any other byword I havent mentioned and find out where you're from. And when you find out, hold tight to it and follow the directions. Bunny Wailer and Bob Marley told you for 40 something years, but I understand. We've learned not to respect ourselves, so why would we take our own words as some sort of authority? 

Villian the foe you got it all wrong.  Because I felt so proud of this country and what it stands, automatically you assumed basically that I was white from different part of the "neighborhood."  First, you should know that by reading my posts, English is my second language.  I came into this great country to NYC when I was a pre-teen during the late (turbulent) 80's.  At the beginning I lived in one of the toughest parts of the Bronx, in fact a block from our apartment was one of the first ever mobile precinct implemented at the time in the Fordham section.  My family of 5 were living in a one-bedroom apartment.  My family then moved to Crotona and finally to the Mount Hope section before I left for the Army.  As you may know the racial makeup of this area was 100% minorities.  I was discriminated but it only made me stronger because of the way I was raised, if one door closes another will open.  By being in this country with all the opportunities and Freedom rather than my homeland with lack of opportunities and where corruption rule the day, the game was already won.  My father only got to finish third grade in our homeland and then he had to leave school to go to work at the age of 8.  My father came into this country in his late 30's and after so much hard work and effort, he became a business owner.  Also, my hard work paid off, after starting my own family, my wife and I rented an apartment in the Bronx by Grand Concourse and today we own a home in one of the richest zip code in the country in Westchester County.  My story is the stories of Millions and Millions of immigrants black, yellow, white, brown, etc.   You work hard in this country regardless of race, creed and it will pay off.  My family will forever be grateful to this great country the greatest humanity had ever seen.   It seen that everything to you is about race.  You really think that cops wake up in the morning to go to work to harass minorities because of their skins color or their clothes they have on.  NYPD has Millions interaction each year and mostly nothing happened and sometime they have to react in second.  Stop and Frisk was implemented by city leaders, not by police, cigarretes taxes was implemented by city leaders and so on.  If you want the police to be mostly 100% reactive like pre-low 90's than proactive then your grievances should go to city council to reverse these law/policies which they are doing and come January first, things will be so much different in the city, you are going to love it with the Criminal Justice Reform.  On the other hand, I'm grateful that I was able to leave the city.   

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, CTM said:

I think that's naive. One of my best friends, a real smart dude but a lifetime moonbat complete with a phd in social science and employed as a professor, who has never so much as watched even a minute of NFL (or any sport), just brought this up yesterday. Apparently he's an NFL expert now and it's obvious to him, someone teaching kids, that Kaep is as good or better than just about any NFL QB and is not playing soley due to racist hegemonic structures. Therefore this needs his and his peers attention.  How right or wrong he is can be debated but I think most people who follow the sport will agree it's a more nuanced situation.

Anywho, he and many like him follow Kaep on twitter and twitter followers = $$$. Staying relveant and in the news cycle is good for Kaep's wallet. I don't know if Kaep actually wants to play or not, wouldn't even speculate, but I do know that this workout is unequvicolly good for business whether he gets a contract or not

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

9 hours ago, Bugg said:

Self-sabotage. 

7 hours ago, Barton said:

Kap has shown his true colors. He's not serious about getting back into the NFL. He cant even be a professional on the day of his workout.

He is very invested in his narrative at this point. I don’t mean money. It’s part of his identity now. He is subconsciously preserving that identity by resisting that which threatens it, even though to an outside observer it appears to be self-destructive.

4 hours ago, DRJETS said:

Villian the foe you got it all wrong.  Because I felt so proud of this country and what it stands, automatically you assumed basically that I was white from different part of the "neighborhood."  

You read yet didnt comprehend. 

Not once did I say or assumed that you were white. I used your own words however to confirm that your realities/experiences in the US wasnt the same as those that Colin was mentioning. Just because you moved here and grew up next next door doesnt mean you share similar generational experiences there.  

Which means you are in no position to speak on behalf of anyone, but yourself. You are however able to speak on behalf of any other groups situation for as long as you are knowledgeable of it. It's great that you and your family found the States to be a place to feel so passionate for, Colin wasnt talking about folks with that experience, which is what I explained. Many immigrated to the States seeking opportunity and leaving issues in their land. That's now how me and mine arrived. 

And that real fact won't be be pushed aside and dismissed to me because of others experiences, especially when shenanigans to destroy these folks are still ongoing. 

If you want to gain a better understanding from the mouth of a person who understands what he and his people are experiencing, PM me.  

What you'll receive wont be something that could have been gained just by growing up next door. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Kudos to everyone for producing a really smart and interesting thread on this so far. 

I would second that emotion but right after you posted this the thread commenced its descent into political talk, "SJW" accusing and all the rest.  I stopped at Page 3, the thread had become unreadable  by then.  So yeah, for the first two pages this thread was smart and interesting.

39 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Not once did I say or assumed that you were white. I used your own words however to confirm that your realities/experiences in the US wasnt the same as those that Colin was mentioning. Just because you moved here and grew up next next door doesnt mean you share similar generational experiences there.  

Which means you are in no position to speak on behalf of anyone, but yourself. It's great that you and your family found the States to be a place to feel so passionate for, Colin wasnt talking about folks with that experience, which is what I explained. Many immigrated to the States seeking opportunity and leaving issues in their land. That's now how me and mine arrived. 

And that real fact won't be be pushed aside and dismissed to me because of others experiences, especially when shenanigans to destroy these folks are still ongoing. 

If you want to gain a better understanding from the mouth of a person who understands what he and his people are experiencing, PM me.  

What you'll receive wont be something that could have been gained just by growing up next door. 

It was a great post and the best of this thread. Until the f*cking anti-evolution stuff man wtf.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Which means you are in no position to speak on behalf of anyone, but yourself. It's great that you and your family found the States to be a place to feel so passionate for, Colin wasnt talking about folks with that experience, which is what I explained. Many immigrated to the States seeking opportunity and leaving issues in their land. That's now how me and mine arrived. 

I'm sorry this is incredibly condescending. Rather than address the points someone is making, why do some question their "qualifications" to make it? By the criteria you list above, what makes Kaepernick qualified to speak for these communities? He grew up with an upper-middle-class white family in the Minnesota suburbs and was salutatorian of his H.S. class and got a full ride to college and was drafted into two professional sports leagues. That's privileged A.F. and bears no resemblance to the experience of communities for which he purports to speak. 

I don't think this invalidates his point, but that seems to be what you and many argue with this "without personal experience directly related to the topic at hand, your opinion is wrong or even bigoted" hogwash. Address the merit of the opinion, don't attack/disqualify the person. To do otherwise is incredibly lazy.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Which means you are in no position to speak on behalf of anyone, but yourself. You are however able to speak on behalf of any other groups situation for as long as you are knowledgeable of it. It's great that you and your family found the States to be a place to feel so passionate for, Colin wasnt talking about folks with that experience, which is what I explained. Many immigrated to the States seeking opportunity and leaving issues in their land. That's now how me and mine arrived. 

6 percent of the population commits 50 percent of the murders. 62 percent of African American children grow up in a single parent household. Don't really need to grow up in the hood to see this is a problem. God FORBID someone should take a sexy sexy knee about this. 

• Upvote 1