Would you trade Jamal Adams for Quenton Nelson?

Would you trade Jamal Adams for Quenton Nelson, assuming similar contract $$, timeframe, etc.?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Jamal Adams for Quenton Nelson, assuming similar contract $$, timeframe, etc.?

• Yes, I would trade S Jamal Adams for OG Quenton Nelson
    • No, I would NOT trade S Jamal Adams for OG Quenton Nelson

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

No. I would only trade Adams if there were a suitor that was offering the equivalent of TWO 1st round draft choices. More than likely a 1st rounder AND a player at the pinnacle of his game. I would NEVER trade him for anything less than that.

giphy.gif

I would make this trade in a heartbeat, but as usual the Adams backers overvalue him. Wake up call, the Colts would never make this trade!

I can't believe how many yes votes there are.  Not me.  Not trading him for one star guard.  Not doing a one-for-one.  No f-ing way.  If the jets trade Adams it will not be for one player, one pick....  it will be for a boatload or he will be extended.  My choice would be to go for the boatload.  But not just one great OG the same age.  

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets pick 11

There are 3 teams (in this range) who need QB Las Vegas (Oak) @12, IND@13 and TB@14 

I'm usually dead against trade downs but assuming Burrow, Herbert and perhaps even Tua off the board, Jordan Love could be on the board at 11 and multiple teams reportedly love the dude.  LV is his floor at 12. 

Jets could pry an extra 3rd or 4th to move 2 or 3 spots and take Josh Jones the player they wanted anyway.  

Get greedy Joe Douglas... get greedy.

I can never tell which side of the fence Adams fans are on as far as compensation. One minute they don’t want to trade Adams for picks because “picks are unproven” yet at the same time they’re against trading him for arguably the best G in football? 

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

the twitter votes dont seem to match the ratio of posts and threads on whether to keep Adams.  Do the masses on twitter not love jamal the way JN does?

Yeah most of them don't want him traded but there were a few that said you have to make this tread. Unofficial but it feels like 75% say keep him and 25% say make that trade. A few laughed and said no way the Colts would do that which is true.

19 hours ago, bitonti said:

this question should be would you trade Quentin Nelson for Sam Darnold and 3 second round picks 

because that's what actually happened 

You have that backwards.  We traded Quenton Nelson AND 3 second round picks for Sam Darnold.  Which I would do again in a heartbeat and would not undo if I could.  Would the Colts reverse that if they could, now that Luck is home pruning his roses or whatever he's doing?  That's a decent question.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

You have that backwards.  We traded Quenton Nelson AND 3 second round picks for Sam Darnold.  Which I would do again in a heartbeat and would not undo if I could.  Would the Colts reverse that if they could, now that Luck is home pruning his roses or whatever he's doing?  That's a decent question.  

brissett qbr 52.1

sam qbr 41.5

I'm a big O-line guy. I believe with a dominant O-line you can cover up a ton of weaknesses on the Offense and if you don;t have that many weaknesses on the offense you can even cover up a weak defense (by scoring a ton of points). I love Jamal. I don't watch many Colts games. If Nelson lives up to the billing and is easily one of the best young OGs in the NFL and stays on the filed like Jamal does (injury wise). Yes, I make that move and go all in on putting together a dominant O-line via FA and the draft. 

The Jets have enough pieces on offense and defense, where, if they had a dominant O-line and lost Adams, they would be a much better team and would win a lot more games. 

However, like I said, I love Jamal and if the Jets have another plan to address the O-line, I am more than fine with Jamal being a Jet long term.    

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So you would swap QBs with Indy then?

I'd consider it. We paid a kings ransom for Sam. And he's been poor so far. SO, so far, I am not pleased with the selection and want better QB play.

But, to the point, Quentin Nelson will help us win more games than mr interception every 20 games...

• Haha 1

People seem to forget that the underlying purpose of trading your "best" player is to fill multiple positions. How would one for one help us advance? Yes I know we need a great guard. But I'm not going to trade one top player for another. That's not advancement imo.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

People seem to forget that the underlying purpose of trading your "best" player is to fill multiple positions. How would one for one help us advance? Yes I know we need a great guard. But I'm not going to trade one top player for another. That's not advancement imo.

The best guard in the league is more important than the best at the line SS that is why.  Also some of the things Adams does he won;t be doing if we improve personnel on defense as well.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

These polls are moronic. 

lets debate something about Jamal that hasn't been done yet, oh I got it how about I make a poll about trading him for player " x y z" 

Then make your own damn poll and stop commenting on this one. Seriously, I hate all these posters who comment 'this thread is dumb'. Well don;t click on it and take the time and effort to comment. Nobody needs your input.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Then make your own damn poll and stop commenting on this one. Seriously, I hate all these posters who comment 'this thread is dumb'. Well don;t click on it and take the time and effort to comment. Nobody needs your input.

awwww..... we sensitive today... 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The best guard in the league is more important than the best at the line SS that is why.  Also some of the things Adams does he won;t be doing if we improve personnel on defense as well.

I think the same thing can be said about the OG position though. Which is why a 'non-premium' position is compared to a 'non-premium' position. 

For example, if you put a JAG OG next to an All Pro C and OT his mistakes and deficiencies will be covered up in a major way. You can't say the same about an OT who often times finds himself on an island blocking against an edge rusher. 

34 minutes ago, Stark said:

These polls are moronic. 

lets debate something about Jamal that hasn't been done yet, oh I got it how about I make a poll about trading him for player " x y z" 

Is this poll taking away from all the other amazing football action going on right now?