Jamal Adams Was Right With His Tweet: The New York Jets Owe Him Everything

joewilly12

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Someone went to journalism school to end up doing this. 

Nice story he wrote (sarc).

All that was written might be worth a hill of beans IF the Jets didn’t have MASSIVE holes ALL OVER THEIR ROSTER.  But the fact that they do means this article is pure trash.

They can’t afford to pay a Safety what he is demanding.  I’d say that if it were Troy Polamalu, and Troy Polamalu....Adams is NOT.

Also, if he were to score this huge payday with the Jets and they continue to be a LOSING ORGANIZATION which of course is highly probable being that they will have too much money tied into the wrong positions (Safety and ILB), and maybe 1 1/2 guys on an 11 man Offense (You need 11 guys on Offense, don’t you? Memo: to NYJ)...and also because they’re the Jets...how long before Adams starts whining about how he wants to Win, nothing is his fault and he’s the only Dawg?  And now you’re STUCK with that.

They can be a losing team without paying a Safety a King’s Ransom.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, they were joking.  Don't fret you and 4 other uprooters believed this

But the second outside linebacker Jordan Jenkins heard Adams mentioned, he started grumbling instead.

“That little f——r stole my d—n sack," Jenkins half-joked.

Adams, for what it’s worth, took the ribbing in stride.

“I have great teammates that can make (the opposing quarterback) step up in the pocket,” Adams said. “If they do miss the sack, I think I’m just going to get it myself. So a lot of those guys are mad at me right now, but it’s all love, man.”

D—-n ?

is that supposed to be darn?

Sorry dude, he's not the best safety in the NFL...
Best safety on the Jets?  Sure.

The question is: Is this team better paying a safety $15 million a year?  I don't think he makes enough of an impact to do that.  This is on Mac (yet again) picking a safety when we needed a QB. 
Are you for real ... There were fans here (and still are) that wanted to give a WR3 11 mill per (some were ok with 13) ... Adams is easily worth every penny he gets.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Trade Adams for 1st and 3rd round picks and then draft OL and WR. This clears cap space and replaces Robbie after the Jets let him walk. Adams can replaced with one of the 3rd rounders or a cheap FA.

Giving RA a load of guaranteed dollars is not a wise move. He's been on his best behavior but once the contract is signed we'll see the guy who tells a Police officer that he's going to do something nasty to the his wife. It takes a special kind of dirtbag to do that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Trade Adams for 1st and 3rd round picks and then draft OL and WR. This clears cap space and replaces Robbie after the Jets let him walk. Adams can replaced with one of the 3rd rounders or a cheap FA.
Giving RA a load of guaranteed dollars is not a wise move. He's been on his best behavior but once the contract is signed we'll see the guy who tells a Police officer that he's going to do something nasty to the his wife. It takes a special kind of dirtbag to do that.
No .. you do not trade a known prowler for a crapshoot ...which is what the draft is.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Little evidence if your blind or just bull shltting everyone.  Just watched Williams talking about how the leader of the team is Jamal Adams.  

Have heard Gase say the same thing

Heard Douglas say the same thing

Then read you once again spewing some nonsense about little evidence as fact.  

They may be telling the truth or they may be massaging the ego of a pain in the ass on the roster until they dump him.

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

No .. you do not trade a known prowler for a crapshoot ...which is what the draft is.

To build a roster you don't devote valuable cap space to non-impact positions like SS or DT.

Adams value will never be higher than right now. Hopefully the Jets will be offered a 1st and 3rd before or on draft day. Yes, the draft picks received in return for the trade are not guaranteed but I'll trust that JD can select talented players at impact and foundational positions.

13 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

To build a roster you don't devote valuable cap space to non-impact positions like SS or DT.

Adams value will never be higher than right now. Hopefully the Jets will be offered a 1st and 3rd before or on draft day. Yes, the draft picks received in return for the trade are not guaranteed but I'll trust that JD can select talented players at impact and foundational positions.

Instead we throw $10 million on 100 yr old backup QB's and $100 million on washed up CB's. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Instead we throw $10 million on 100 yr old backup QB's and $100 million on washed up CB's. 

The guys who did that are gone - except for the owner. Devoting a significant amount of cap dollars to a SS would be more of the same mistakes.

Hopefully JD can keep the Johnson brothers from interfering with the roster rebuild.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

They may be telling the truth or they may be massaging the ego of a pain in the ass on the roster until they dump him.

This is pure fantasy just to continue the anti Adams hate story moving along.  Oh and now he’s a pain in ass too.  What else?

HC, GM and players all massaging an ego?  LOL, you can’t believe this 

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

really.  How does ANYONE sees this guy as a "leader"?

He has demonstrated exactly ZERO signs of leadership here.  

Somehow this board thinks big mouth = "leadership". 

It is really very funny.  Fans are so desperate to have a leader on this team that they will shape Jamal into anything they want even if it is complete nonsense.

Still waiting for someone to quantify how Jamal's "leadership" positively impacts the team.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This is pure fantasy just to continue the anti Adams hate story moving along.  Oh and now he’s a pain in ass too.  What else?

HC, GM and players all massaging an ego?  LOL, you can’t believe this 

I've actually supported Jamal. Yet, at the same time I remember the whole fiasco after the mention of trade talks with Dallas. I'm allowed to speculate wildly like everyone else here. I didn't quote some anonymous source and pass it off as fact.

First sentence:

On 2/15/2020 at 10:39 AM, joewilly12 said:

Jamal Adams is right. No one owes him anything least of all the New York Jets. 

Second sentence:

On 2/15/2020 at 10:39 AM, joewilly12 said:

In fact, this offseason, the Jets might just owe him a huge payday. 

https://i.imgflip.com/1n8eqh.jpg

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who is the team leader if not Jamal Adams. 

What other player is as good as him on this team. 

1) "Leader" isn't always "Best Player".  And anyways, CJ Mosley >> Jamal Adams.

2) I'm making the assumption he is the team leader here, because he and all you fanboys say he is.  It's up to you to state how his leadership positively impacts the team.  Go.