Conklin to the Browns

Truth is the Jets are 3 years away regardless of what happens this free agency.

JD has 5 years left on his contract. I think he knows he simply has to start drafting. Taking premium positions high like OT, edge and CB. There are literally 0 of those 8 positions in the current roster. 

We have to let the awful contracts expire, Enunwa, Bell, Trumaine, and even Henry Anderson.  Amazing how awful this roster is constructed, terrible drafts at unimportant positions and overpaying declining stars. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The Browns just pulled off what we were hoping to in FA within 5 hours..  Conklin and the opportunity to add OL with the #10 pick, or get a defensive playmaker if Simmons or Okaduh fall.

@Philc1 so much for "nobody wants to play for the midget QB', huh? 

hahaha

and it only took you that long to add some sort of Baker is a dreamboat spin to it.   The Browns offered him $20 mil in 2020  with the rest of the contract to be renegotiated after the new TV deals.  Its not as easy as $14 mil a year. It's $20 mil this year. I doubt it has to do with Conklin wanting to play with Baker. 

its one player.  my #1 hope for FA but it's one player. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes. And right up to that point  we heard how positive things were trending, and how optimistic they were.

You completely lost me on this one. If anything, it was pointed out about how bad Polite was doing from the get go.....there's a reason he was running with the third stringers.

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

hahaha

and it only took you that long to add some sort of Baker is a dreamboat spin to it.   The Browns offered him $20 mil in 2020  with the rest of the contract to be renegotiated after the new TV deals.  Its not as easy as $14 mil a year. It's $20 mil this year. I doubt it has to do with Conklin wanting to play with Baker. 

Agreed

• Upvote 1

Browns have signed one of the better TE, Conklin at RT, and now Keenum at backup QB. Damn 3 important FA signings on O and we haven't signed any yet. 

Oh, Well, In JD we trust. Maybe he is sitting out the high pricey FAs and waiting for the 2nd tier. It would be nice to at least end up with OL Gaslow and CB Bradbury. That would at least give us 2 starters one at G and one at CB. Then we worry about LT with maybe a FA older one for a year or so like Peters, Beachem, etc. and have to draft a LT and C in the 1st 3 rounds. Pass rusher and WR who knows. Maybe a WR that is 2nd tier in FA like Dorsett and can we possibly get OLB Fowler as the big FA pickup along with a Edge draft pick.

16 minutes ago, David Harris said:

JD has 5 years left on his contract. I think he knows he simply has to start drafting. Taking premium positions high like OT, edge and CB. There are literally 0 of those 8 positions in the current roster. 

We have to let the awful contracts expire, Enunwa, Bell, Trumaine, and even Henry Anderson.  Amazing how awful this roster is constructed, terrible drafts at unimportant positions and overpaying declining stars. 

A team  is 3 years away in the nfl? Lol 

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

hahaha

Spin this however you want to Greenie. Today could not have gone worse for us.

All I know is within 5 hours we've seen Thuney tagged, Conklin signed by the Browns, and Hopkins go to Arizona for a veteran RB with a bad contract, and his name wasn't Leveon Bell.

At this point Sam Darnold must be really ecstatic about how things are going around here..

• Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, David Harris said:

We’ve been “3 years away” the past 10 years

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

After six years of Idzik and Macc - YES. It'll take two years to be legitimate and the 3rd year we can think about going deep into the playoffs.

Such a jets apologist line we heard during the entire horrible Mac tenure now getting repeated under Gase/Douglas

8 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Browns have signed one of the better TE, Conklin at RT, and now Keenum at backup QB. Damn 3 important FA signings on O and we haven't signed any yet. 

Oh, Well, In JD we trust. Maybe he is sitting out the high pricey FAs and waiting for the 2nd tier. It would be nice to at least end up with OL Gaslow and CB Bradbury. That would at least give us 2 starters one at G and one at CB. Then we worry about LT with maybe a FA older one for a year or so like Peters, Beachem, etc. and have to draft a LT and C in the 1st 3 rounds. Pass rusher and WR who knows. Maybe a WR that is 2nd tier in FA like Dorsett and can we possibly get OLB Fowler as the big FA pickup along with a Edge draft pick.

Facts. The Browns bring in a QB that they know can run their coaches system, they sign Hooper which now provides that system with the two TE's that it requires, they added a respectable Olinemen and a respectable price in free agency and they have a top 10 pick. 

Besides kicking up dust, lets see what JD can do. The Jets need alot of help, so even if JD made 3 similar moves in free agency, the Jets overall are still far away from things being respectable. Long road ahead of us. The fact is, this draft is probably the most important since the Jets drafted Namath. Why? We really do believe that Sam has enough potential that we can win with him, but that requires hitting in the draft. This is Sam's 3rd season and the Jets have done absolutely NOTHING to assist this guy. 

The Jets are squandering this kid's potential. 

9 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m also talking about the Jets organization. 

So when they had Polite running with the third stringers all of training camp you thought they, as an organization were still high on him? Or was it when they fined him almost daily? 

29 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Spin this however you want to Greenie. Today could not have gone worse for us.

All I know is within 5 hours we've seen Thuney tagged, Conklin signed by the Browns, and Hopkins go to Arizona for a veteran RB with a bad contract, and his name wasn't Leveon Bell.

At this point Sam Darnold must be really ecstatic about how things are going around here..

By the time the Jets are worth a sh*t, Sam will be Cousining his way to the Chargers as fast as he possibly can. LOL. 

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Well I guess Josh Gordon showed that teams desperate will hold their nose and pull the trigger. 

Antonio Brown had interest from 2-3 teams after the sh*t he did during last season, OBJ would easily be accepted by any team, even the Giants again.  

• Upvote 1