Quinnen Williams, 4th rounder and 14 mil per yer vs Josh Allen and Leonard Williams?

Josh Allen and Leonard Williams VS Quinnen Williams, 4th round pick and 14 mil extra cap space per year for 3 years?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather going forward?

• Josh Allen and Leonard Williams
    • Quinnen Williams, 4th round pick and 14 mil extra cap space per year for 3 years?

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Why?  They still had Anderson, Shepherd and Philips.

Who knows if Shepherd and Phillips would have been "discovered" as easily.....certainly possible, but not sure.  I think Leo would have been held onto and not traded.  The real question is whether Douglas would have franchise-tagged him like the Giants did?  Doubtful in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

At this point Allen and L Williams would be the answer.  But I’d give it another year to pronounce Quinnen Williams a bust.   I think he improves significantly this year

QW won't be a bust.....but I think there's a good chance he turns out to be exactly what Leo Williams has been for 5 years, above average but not great and not a different maker.  Josh Allen is looking like a difference maker a premium position on Defense.  The Jets could have had Josh Allen, no QW, and let Leo Williams walk for a comp pick and then signed a hold-the-fort DT in FA this year....think Snacks Harrison, Ndamkong Suh, etc.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

QW won't be a bust.....but I think there's a good chance he turns out to be exactly what Leo Williams has been for 5 years, above average but not great and not a different maker.  Josh Allen is looking like a difference maker a premium position on Defense.  The Jets could have had Josh Allen, no QW, and let Leo Williams walk for a comp pick and then signed a hold-the-fort DT in FA this year....think Snacks Harrison, Ndamkong Suh, etc.

Obviously Macs drafts were substandard and that’s why he is gone.

Theres a new guy running the show and making the picks.  At this point we can only hope he does a lot better.   Hopefully QW turns out better than you predict.   Time will tell.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Who knows if Shepherd and Phillips would have been "discovered" as easily.....certainly possible, but not sure.  I think Leo would have been held onto and not traded.  The real question is whether Douglas would have franchise-tagged him like the Giants did?  Doubtful in my opinion.

I think, unless he is an idiot, that Douglas makes the decision on WIliams for 2020 before he makes the trade.  Once he makes the decision, Quinnen Williams is an afterthought.  Maybe Quinnen figures mildly into whether he will offer Leonard, but that is it.  They were what, 1-7, when they made that deal?  Losing games in 2019 was meaningless.

55 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’s popular to trash Quinnen amongst Jets fans, however the kid is only 22 years old. I’m confident he will develop into the beast he was projected to be coming out of Alabama last year 

While I’ll hold out hope this is true.  He didn’t even flash though - he didn’t seem to have the explosiveness necessary to be a dominant impact players.

Yes, I imagine he can grow into a quality run-stuffer - clogging up the middle and causing problems for the running game.  I think that’s likely the best he’ll be. 

Josh Allen and still trade Leo would be the best option. 
BTW we got a 3rd and 5th for Leo. 

Of the two options you gave, it’s still too early. For now, I say Q, draft picks and $14 mil. Having $14 sunk into Leo after paying Mosley would handicap this team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’s popular to trash Quinnen amongst Jets fans, however the kid is only 22 years old. I’m confident he will develop into the beast he was projected to be coming out of Alabama last year 

Just curious, what did you see from him to make you confident this will happen?  Not saying it won't but, where is evidence?   Where there a few games where he dominated?   He was the 3rd pick in the draft and nothing I saw last year justified him going that high.  I hope he takes that next step this season as we need him to be that guy.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Just curious, what did you see from him to make you confident this will happen?  Not saying it won't but, where is evidence?   Where there a few games where he dominated?   He was the 3rd pick in the draft and nothing I saw last year justified him going that high.  I hope he takes that next step this season as we need him to be that guy.  

Watch some Bama game tapes when he was there. Mac tried trading down last draft to no avail. Q or Josh Allen were the obvious choices at #3.

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Obviously Macs drafts were substandard and that’s why he is gone.

Theres a new guy running the show and making the picks.  At this point we can only hope he does a lot better.   Hopefully QW turns out better than you predict.   Time will tell.

I do too. I think his upside is more than Leo's but right now he's looking similar.  Let's see a Year 2 breakout from the kid!  There's nothing I'd want more than to see him surprise us and become a force in the middle.  Especially after whiffs on Dewayne Robertson, Quinton Coples and Leo Williams....I kinda feel like the football gods owe us one! lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I do too. I think his upside is more than Leo's but right now he's looking similar.  Let's see a Year 2 breakout from the kid!  There's nothing I'd want more than to see him surprise us and become a force in the middle.  Especially after whiffs on Dewayne Robertson, Quinton Coples and Leo Williams....I kinda feel like the football gods owe us one! lol

This kid is going to make D-Rob look like Joe Klecko.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

51 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I saw some nice penetration from him on a few instances. A nice sack where he blew up the backfield. He’s still so young just a baby. He’s still growing into his body 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I saw some nice penetration from him on a few instances. A nice sack where he blew up the backfield. He’s still so young just a baby. He’s still growing into his body 

His only two full sacks this year came when he was unblocked. They were basically handed to him.

• Upvote 2

Josh Allen and still trade Leo would be the best option. 
BTW we got a 3rd and 5th for Leo. 

Of the two options you gave, it’s still too early. For now, I say Q, draft picks and $14 mil. Having $14 sunk into Leo after paying Mosley would handicap this team.
I thought we got a 3rd and 4th for leo trade because they kept him?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Watch some Bama game tapes when he was there. Mac tried trading down last draft to no avail. Q or Josh Allen were the obvious choices at #3.

I saw some of his games as well as college highlights and I could care less about his games at Bama. I am talking about him last year in the NFL.  We can always go back and look at college play but what he does on the Jets is what matters. Josh Allen was the logical choice as he filled a definite need but Mac couldn't swing a trade down and didn't have the balls to select Allen at 3.  Let see if Williams takes his game to the next level IN THE NFL.  What he did in college is irrelevant at this point. 

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Mac was the root cause of this, and what is even more sad is that he still had defenders on here until the glorious day he was fired.

QW is a bust.

It always amazes me the level of rage against Mac that causes to call a guy that hasn't  even played a full season as a pro to be called a bust. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I think Williams is going to be a really good player. He was injured early, lost playing time, came back ahead of whennhe should have. The key for next season is get stronger and stay on the field. I don't  think Allen would be as good as he was on this team

Why not?  You don't think Gregg Williams would have used him effectively?  I get it we want Williams to succeed but the idea that Allen wouldn't be as good on the Jets makes no sense at all. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Why not?  You don't think Gregg Williams would have used him effectively?  I get it we want Williams to succeed but the idea that Allen wouldn't be as good on the Jets makes no sense at all. 

Because on the Jets, there is nobody else on the team you need to account for. On Jacksonville  there is Jack, Ramsey,  and Campbell just off the top of my head. 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Because on the Jets, there is nobody else on the team you need to account for. On Jacksonville  there is Jack, Ramsey,  and Campbell just off the top of my head. 

Sorry but I don't agree.  I have confidence that Williams would move him around and keep the offense guessing.  Plus I think our Dline was capable of getting a decent push inside, we just had no one coming off the edge that could seal the deal.