My very exciting quarantine three-round mock complete with screen caps

T0mShane

28 minutes ago, peebag said:

Draft day can't come soon enough.

Don't you want to see the very exciting last 4 rounds (with screenshots)?

33 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I didn't find this very exciting.

Exciting, but not very exciting?

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You ain’t the boss of me! 

He said please!

I'm a big Adams fan, I don't try to hide that.  But when you start attaching potential names to a trade involving him, it really gets harder to deny the potential value of trading him. 

If Dallas actually came with an offer similar to that, I think you have to do it.

• Upvote 2

I was thinking you might have been able to put together an educated and likely draft scenario for the Jets until you mentioned the Jamal Adams. All I can say is... You're out of your mind. NO way Jamal gets traded. The mere suggestion is a ding dong.

I was mostly with you until the end of Round 3.   Having addressed OLine 2x and WR 2x in the first 4 picks, it was time to go defense.  I like Akers but would hold off on RB until later with either McFarland or Gibson.  I understand the backup QB need as well.

At that 79 spot you're about to see a run on Edge rushers and CBs.  Again, after hitting offense with 4 straight picks at positions of need I think you go Edge and CB late in the 3rd before coming back for RB, QB, and maybe another longshot OT like Alex Taylor in the late rounds.

EDIT:  Mims and Pittman would force me to order all the boner pants available on Amazon.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Look, MAN. It’s going to go one way or the other. They’re either going to extend him this month or they’re going to trade him. 

Stopped reading right there. 

They do not "have to" "trade him" "this month".

Who told you that lie, anyway?

He's under contract this year. Team option next year and can Franchise Tag him in 2022 if they want to (with a salary cap WELL OVER $200M by then. 

Wake me up when #33 pulls a selfish #24 and HOLDS OUT due to Pro Bowl and First-team All-Pro STATUS. 

Jamal Adams is not being traded, people. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I know I rip on Adams too much, but I feel like you can find or draft a capable replacement for him fairly easily. Even if you don’t get the splash plays, you can still find a guy who can make tackles and occasionally check an average TE. Reshad Jones and Tony Jefferson are still on the street, and there seems to be a pack of fairly athletic SS’s available throughout the draft. 

I agree with you about the QB situation. I can’t see Douglas and Gase leaving themselves exposed again this year if Darnold goes down. I don’t love Hurts as a future starter, but I think he can be an ideal backup and a promising developmental guy who can carry you for a few weeks. It’d also be nice to have an athletic QB on the roster to help simulate what teams are doing now with mobile QBs. Hurts checks a lot of boxes. 

Oh I agree - I just think if you trade him you probably draft his replacement in the third round or so and didn’t see a safety in the mock. But perhaps it’s a street guy as you alluded to.

It’s funny because I was half joking about the QB thing early but the more I thought about it the more I do think it’s a need. The backups last year were gross, the roster had a winning record with Darnold, and he’s never played a full season. Hurts is a nice mix of a lot of things. Don’t think it actually happens but I’d be happy if it does.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think Wanogho has major health issues, no?

I can’t tell. Sounds like it was maybe just a knee problem that wasn’t a big deal, fluid or something. But bitonti does think it was a problem. We’ll find out in about ten days. I don’t think any teams are taking a 300 pound man with serious knee problems on day two.

• Upvote 1

Solid draft, I like it except for the Ohio State guard (Jackson) and I would hate to spend a 3rd rounder on a QB even though I think Hurts has potential. You could sign a kid like Jake Luton as an un-drafted free agent and save the pick. 

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

I was thinking you might have been able to put together an educated and likely draft scenario for the Jets until you mentioned the Jamal Adams. All I can say is... You're out of your mind. NO way Jamal gets traded. The mere suggestion is a ding dong.

55 % of JN said they'd trade Jamal for a 1 & 3, yet Shane is a villain for having the audacity to suggest we should actually do it.  

Mock drafts are about what you WANT to happen, not what WILL happen.  No one knows what will happen.  Last year the 1st round had 6 trades in it.  No one could have predicted all those trades and who would make them.  No one has a clue.  

18 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You traded a 2x all-pro, all rookie team, 2 time pro bowler all in his first 3 years Safety, for a stonehand receiver and a backup QB.

Did you quote me or something? Looks like one of my post's lol I kid I kid awesome to see us Jet fans on the same page as Joe Douglas (told Dallas NO). 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

This could be the dumbest thing I've ever read on JN.  Not the part about Adams, but the idea that Shane was going to put together an educated and likely draft scenario

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Gregg Williams.

Exactly. Ding. Ding. Ding. 

Gregg Williams (after only 1 season) already considers Jamal Adams one of his favorite players that he's (ever coached). 

Jamal Adams is special. He's worth more than draft picks alone he's worth a locker room culture who absolutely loves him and his leadership ability on the football field can not be matched. 

Trade away Jamal Adams and you completely throw away the heart and soul of our entire defense (and team) just for more "picks". 

Trade away Jamal Adams and there immediately becomes a locker room divide between offense/defense and Gregg Williams ready to strangle Joe Douglas. 

He's a future HOF player. 

And one day we might run into Patrick Mahomes postseason play. We'd be begging we had a Jamal Adams to both get after him and rally our defensive troops (followers) together.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I know I rip on Adams too much, but I feel like you can find or draft a capable replacement for him fairly easily. Even if you don’t get the splash plays, you can still find a guy who can make tackles and occasionally check an average TE. Reshad Jones and Tony Jefferson are still on the street, and there seems to be a pack of fairly athletic SS’s available throughout the draft. 

Ya think ?

17and 82 for Adams is fine. Using those picks on Mims and a back-up QB is where it falls down. 

17 is an awkward spot if the four tackles/Jeudy/Lamb are gone. If we could trade back a little, say to Minnesota at 22 and pick up their 89 and 132, our odds of breaking even, or more on the trade increase dramatically.

Now you've turned Adams into potentially a wide receiver (Jefferson at 22), a centre (Hennessy at 82), a guard (Simpson at 89) and a corner (Robertson at 132).

People don't want to give up on Adams because he is a proven player, and picks are a gamble. But if you get three or four rolls of the dice, it becomes harder to see how the trade would not pay off. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

17and 82 for Adams is fine. Using those picks on Mims and a back-up QB is where it falls down. 

17 is an awkward spot if the four tackles/Jeudy/Lamb are gone. If we could trade back a little, say to Minnesota at 22 and pick up their 89 and 132, our odds of breaking even, or more on the trade increase dramatically.

Now you've turned Adams into potentially a wide receiver (Jefferson at 22), a centre (Hennessy at 82), a guard (Simpson at 89) and a corner (Robertson at 132).

People don't want to give up on Adams because he is a proven player, and picks are a gamble. But if you get three or four rolls of the dice, it becomes harder to see how the trade would not pay off. 

Love this plan.  Turn Adams into picks and then turn those picks into more picks.  We'd win the draft.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I was mostly with you until the end of Round 3.   Having addressed OLine 2x and WR 2x in the first 4 picks, it was time to go defense.  I like Akers but would hold off on RB until later with either McFarland or Gibson.  I understand the backup QB need as well.

At that 79 spot you're about to see a run on Edge rushers and CBs.  Again, after hitting offense with 4 straight picks at positions of need I think you go Edge and CB late in the 3rd before coming back for RB, QB, and maybe another longshot OT like Alex Taylor in the late rounds.

EDIT:  Mims and Pittman would force me to order all the boner pants available on Amazon.

I would not be upset if we went all O in this draft.

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Love the effort and love the picks but give it a rest already. Jamal Adams is not being traded to Dallas "for the 17th overnight pick" as JD has already told and given Jerry Jones an absolute no while rejecting his trade offerings of a 1st and a 3rd. 

Not happening buddy. 

And all reports (out of Dallas) have it that JD would only accept a trade for Jamal Adams to Dallas if package included not only two 1st round picks but also a 4th round pick too (because that's his worth throughout JD's eyes). 

Nice mock though. 

can you please stop the ball washing of JAdams, we all know your opinion, don't need to hear it in every thread, please!

• Upvote 1