In lighter news, the Giants coach is a massive a$$hole and the Giants are doomed

Part of pro tackle football is inflicting so much pain on your opponents that they lose their will to hit or be hit 

it’s not a sport for the thin skinned 

JD asked Becton if he was ready to impose his will. Meaning hurt people 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Exactly, see Coughlin with the giants.  His act was met with scorn by the team/players when he 1st got there, then he toned down just a wee bit, they won and all of a sudden every one loved his no nonsense style.

I think you mean they dumped Tiki Barber and Shockey and all of a sudden everone loved his no-nonsense style. 

• Haha 1

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but I think we are at least starting to see the generational divide between coaches and players become more evident as time goes on. 

Every newer generation is always looked down upon a bit by the previous generation as "soft",  but there is at least a bit of evidence for newer generations being a bit more entitled and I can see how hard nosed coaches may not work in the future. 

I employ many people varying in ages and I find the youngest people the hardest to manage due to this, and it doesnt always end well. 

I can see this being the same for those types of coaches here on out. 

• Upvote 1

I don't see an issue with this mindset as a coach, but being this candid with the media and chewing your players out publicly usually doesn't go too well. The thing about Belichick is he never gives the media anything. These coaches need to learn to STFU and keep certain things in house.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think people are missing the point.  This isn't the authoritarian coach vs. the players coach.  This is the vicious micromanager.  This is supposed to be one of the happiest days in the lives of these young men, ESPN and NFL Network showed dozens of heartwarming stories about them overcoming adversity and hardship.  Now some douchebag special teams coach rides in on Lil Bill's coattails and in the welcome phone call is telling them how to feel and what to say and do.  If I were a first rounder my response might have been the same as Dave Chappelle impregnating Oprah.

check out Snowflake McPansy over here

• Haha 1

Apparently, joe judge doesn't even refer to his players by their names. At least, that's what they're saying on SNY. See video below. If this is true, Joe judge is a bigger imbecile than i thought.

26 minutes ago, Larz said:

Part of pro tackle football is inflicting so much pain on your opponents that they lose their will to hit or be hit 

it’s not a sport for the thin skinned 

JD asked Becton if he was ready to impose his will. Meaning hurt people 

Yeah, you want your OPPONENTS to fear you. because they're not trying to respect you in the first place.

but you don't want your colleagues, your team-mates, the guys on your OWN TEAM to fear you. That's suicidal. You want their respect. I don't know of any army where the soldiers feared each other. While they aren't family, there should be some camaraderie.

Our guy Bart scott was saying the same thing the other day:

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but I think we are at least starting to see the generational divide between coaches and players become more evident as time goes on. 

Every newer generation is always looked down upon a bit by the previous generation as "soft",  but there is at least a bit of evidence for newer generations being a bit more entitled and I can see how hard nosed coaches may not work in the future. 

I employ many people varying in ages and I find the youngest people the hardest to manage due to this, and it doesnt always end well. 

Generation gap is over-blown, IMO. you have good coaches and bad coaches.

Sean mcvay is a good coach. belichick is a good coach. huge age gap, but both of them know what they're doing and have the respect of their players

I so wish the Giants were in our division and were viable competition to us. This would justify the sick obsession most guys around here have with the Giants. Can't figure out why for the life of me. I have only enough anger and disdain for NE MIA and BUF along with the rest of the AFC, "aint got time faddat" with the Giants LOL.

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

check out Snowflake McPansy over here

Um, it's Pansy McSnoflwke.

16 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This douchebag isn't even 40 yet.  There are guys playing that are older than him.  It isn't a generation gap.  Football players are often deranged,  homicidal maniacs, violent lunatics.  Dealing with them goes well beyond issues of entitled youth.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, fullblast said:

I don't see an issue with this mindset as a coach, but being this candid with the media and chewing your players out publicly usually doesn't go too well. The thing about Belichick is he never gives the media anything. These coaches need to learn to STFU and keep certain things in house.

That may be an issue here too.  Telling these kids you'd rather they not mention the super bowl for your 4-12 team is one thing, but if those kids run to the press to tell them it is quite another.  Judge seems to be yapping enough that he is probably the one saying it which would piss me off if I were the player and looks bad in general.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Jurgen Klopp (especially if he takes over the German national team and wins a World Cup) is gonna be known as the greatest modern coach. He’ll be looked at as the guy who innovated coaching for the next generation. Tactical prowess with an understanding of team building and culture creation that allows for individual expression. Books will be written trying to understand him and the implementation of his style.

Agreed on everything. The only things I’d add: 

He buys into data analytics for scouting, in-game tactics, and nutrition/exercise programs for individual players. He’s embraced modernity. 

He’s got incredible personal charisma - that might be what truly differentiates him. If he did all the things you and I praise him for but wasn’t such a goddam rockstar as a person, I wonder how far he’d go.

Also, just philosophically, Klopp wants to play aggressively and emphasizes ‘playing beautifully’ which I think helps culture and attracts talent. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, JTJet said:

It's true of every generation as standard of living improves and people worry less about basic survival. It wasnt that many generations ago that none of us would have time or luxury to whine about football from our couches, we'd be out working the farm so we could eat that night.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I so wish the Giants were in our division and were viable competition to us. This would justify the sick obsession most guys around here have with the Giants. Can't figure out why for the life of me. I have only enough anger and disdain for NE MIA and BUF along with the rest of the AFC, "aint got time faddat" with the Giants LOL.

ummm cuz some of us gotta hear from giants fans at home, at work, and everywhere else in between on a daily basis

those rats annoy me just as much as the patriots do.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

It's true of every generation as standard of living improves and people worry less about basic survival. It wasnt that many generations ago that none of us would have time or luxury to whine about football from our couches, we'd be out working the farm so we could eat that night.

Exactly right. It's nothing new but has changed a little with the quality of life exponentially getting better as we go. I think social media has really skewed how people think these days, a lot of interesting studies on it. 

On a day to day basis there is a noticable difference with the attention spans and work ethics of varying age groups in my employ. When you see them all next to each other, very noticeable. 

21 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

ummm cuz some of us gotta hear from giants fans at home, at work, and everywhere else in between on a daily basis

those rats annoy me just as much as the patriots do.

The nice weather giants fans need some humble pie

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Exactly right. It's nothing new but has changed a little with the quality of life exponentially getting better as we go. I think social media has really skewed how people think these days, a lot of interesting studies on it. 

On a day to day basis there is a noticable difference with the attention spans and work ethics of varying age groups in my employ. When you see them all next to each other, very noticeable. 

Maybe. But also a lot more open minded and empathetic which has a ton of value socially and from a business perspective

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

He'll fit right in with the sinking ship that is the NYG

It looked that way when gettleman took over but now it looks like after Mara trying to drag Eli ‘s tenure into infinity, Dave has freed himself from maras orders and is doing his own thing  

last year’s very suspect pick is starting to look like it will pay off and this year’s draft was very serviceable  

it looks like that ship is being righted. Unfortunately  

let joe judge be the mouthpiece . That’s part of a coach’s role. Doesn’t sound like any other media training. Much ado about nothing 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

Generation gap is over-blown, IMO. you have good coaches and bad coaches.

Sean mcvay is a good coach. belichick is a good coach. huge age gap, but both of them know what they're doing and have the respect of their players

I think he’s referring to the mindset of the coachee, rather than the coacher. I hear it all the time how difficult it is to manage millennials 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Being a disciplinarian isn't  a bad thing for a HC. I heard Fin players were scared to death of Shula. 

Once listened to an ex-‘fins player interview down here in Miami. He mentioned an incident where Marino and random back up player violated curfew or arrived late to a meeting. He said that Shula was not absolutely going to cut Marino, but the back up was immediately cut the morning of.

Two classes of players, like staff in any enterprise, the invaluable ones and ones that can be sacrificed at whim or to make a point.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Based on how the excessive tough guy routine has worked out from former Pats assistants before, history is firmly not on his side.  

Like I said, it remains to be seen. Belichick's coaching tree has sucked because they suck as coaches, not necessarily because of, or in spite of them trying to be tough guys. 

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Like I said, it remains to be seen. Belichick's coaching tree has sucked because they suck as coaches, not necessarily because of, or in spite of them trying to be tough guys. 

Yes, and "establishing a culture" has been a failure of all of them.  They all try to do the tough guy thing because Belichick does it.